DO YOU LOVE GODS LAW?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitspa
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
why is it that you people keep ignoring the point?

I am not trying to play of any instructions, I am asking you how they help me obey them.

it is one thing to tell a person, do not do this, but if you do not tell them HOW to be tempted from doing that, the command is useless (unless the are given for another reason)




you still have failed to answer the question.

you and john keep to be going in circles. and miss the point.

I think he has failed to give you the answer you are looking for. He has answered you.
 
Nope, you did not ask about the Mosaic Covenant, you ask about the Mosaic Law and I showed you that the Law was not the Mosaic Law but rather the Law of Christ.

here you go twisting again.

1. the mosaic covenant was based of the mosaic law
2. The mosaic law (given by God) were the laws given by God to moses, and the laws people had to obey to be a part of the mosaic covenant. and as Jesus and Paul proclaimed, was also given for another reason

so, have you fulfilled the mosaic law in your life? (if you want to call it Gods law given to moses, thats fine)
 
I think he has failed to give you the answer you are looking for. He has answered you.

no he has not.

he has never showed me how the command "do not covet" tells me how not to covet (nor have you for that matter) even though he claims over and over it is perfectly capable of doing just that.

and he has not shown me if he has or has not fulfilled the mosaic law


what you both are doing is giving the answer you want to give. and ignoring the actual questions i have asked so many times,
 
why is it that you people keep ignoring the point?

I am not trying to play of any instructions, I am asking you how they help me obey them.

it is one thing to tell a person, do not do this, but if you do not tell them HOW to be tempted from doing that, the command is useless (unless the are given for another reason)




you still have failed to answer the question.

you and john keep to be going in circles. and miss the point.

His Spirit guides, His word is also His Spirit:

Yahchanan (John) 4:24, "Yahweh is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

Isayah 59:21, "As for Me, this is My covenant with them, says Yahweh: My Spirit which is upon you, namely My Word (Instructions) which I have put in your mouth; they will not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your seed, nor from the mouth of your seed's seed, says Yahweh: from this time and forevermore."

John 6:63, "It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The Words (Instructions) that I speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting."

Genesis 1:2 KJV, "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit (7307) of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Psalm 104:30, "When you send your Spirit (7307), they are created, and you renew the face of the ground."

7307 - ruach Strong's Concordance ruach: breath, wind, spirit Original Word: ר֫וּחַ
Transliteration: ruach Phonetic Spelling: (roo'-akh) Short Definition: spirit

Genesis 6:17, "Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath (7307) of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish."

Exodus 15:10, "But you blew with your breath (7307), and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters."

1 Samuyl 10:6-7, ""Then the Spirit(7307) of Yahweh will come upon you; you will prophesy with them, and you will be turned into another man.Once these signs are fulfilled before you, do whatever the occasion demands; for Yahweh is with you."

If one does not know what is written how will they ever know right from wrong is all matters that Yah says there is a right and wrong? Now we all know do not kill, even an atheists knows that, do we fill in the blanks by our imagination or do we meditate on His word? Do we make false witness against His perfect Instructions so on our hearts we may justify out hate for them or do we get on our knees and ask for understanding that we may walk in the Spirit of His Laws?
 

law and grace can not mix.

One demands perfection.

the other is given BECAUSE the other can not be held to that perfect standard.

as I have said time and time again, Mercy is not given to one who deserves it or has earned it, it is given to those who can not pay for it.
 
If one does not know what is written how will they ever know right from wrong is all matters that Yah says there is a right and wrong? Now we all know do not kill, even an atheists knows that, do we fill in the blanks by our imagination or do we meditate on His word? Do we make false witness against His perfect Instructions so on our hearts we may justify out hate for them or do we get on our knees and ask for understanding that we may walk in the Spirit of His Laws?

ok, we agree here.

The law was given so I know right from wrong. (and more importanlty something else. which paul made abundantly clear, can you guess what that is]

Now, I am a christian, I KNOW coveting is wrong (I know the law, it is in my heart, so I do not need to be told over and over it is wrong, it begins to become useless, and repetitive ) How can that law, which says do not covet (which I already KNOW TO BE TRUE) Keep me from temptation, and falling into that sin?

Thats the question I have asked over and over.

so what are these two things?
 

ok, we agree here.

The law was given so I know right from wrong. (and more importanlty something else. which paul made abundantly clear, can you guess what that is]

Now, I am a christian, I KNOW coveting is wrong (I know the law, it is in my heart, so I do not need to be told over and over it is wrong, it begins to become useless, and repetitive ) How can that law, which says do not covet (which I already KNOW TO BE TRUE) Keep me from temptation, and falling into that sin?

Thats the question I have asked over and over.

so what are these two things?

and I gave the Scriptures that show us EXACTLY HOW....

But to put in my own words;

We abide in Him...... and that means to trust Him, obey Him, follow Him, be guided by Him, be strengthened by Him, and yes at times we will be faced with decisions that we must choose, for He does test us, and if we are strong in Him we have much better chance of doing what is right. I know I know, I will "ruin the party" y saying His Standard is the ONLY acceptable Standard but it is true, not my standard, your standard, the catholic standard, the baptist standard, the SDA standard, the Lutheran standard. NO. ONLY THE STANDARD OF YHWH. and hate it, love it, ignore it, live by it, that Standard IS WRITTEN, but only by His Spirit can we understand and follow it in truth/Spirit. If one is going against wha is written they are not even on the "playing field".... after all can a sheep be of the flock if He does not follow the Shepherd?

and yes the Law of the Creator does show us our faults just as it shows us the correct path.
 
and I gave the Scriptures that show us EXACTLY HOW....

But to put in my own words;

We abide in Him...... and that means to trust Him, obey Him, follow Him, be guided by Him, be strengthened by Him, and yes at times we will be faced with decisions that we must choose, for He does test us, and if we are strong in Him we have much better chance of doing what is right. I know I know, I will "ruin the party" y saying His Standard is the ONLY acceptable Standard but it is true, not my standard, your standard, the catholic standard, the baptist standard, the SDA standard, the Lutheran standard. NO. ONLY THE STANDARD OF YHWH. and hate it, love it, ignore it, live by it, that Standard IS WRITTEN, but only by His Spirit can we understand and follow it in truth/Spirit. If one is going against wha is written they are not even on the "playing field".... after all can a sheep be of the flock if He does not follow the Shepherd?

and yes the Law of the Creator does show us our faults just as it shows us the correct path.

The law given by the creator does show us the correct path, But yourself, John, Myself, And everyone else in this room has failed to meet that path, (for all have sinned and missed the mark (literal interpretation of rom 3: 23) of God, So it is to late for us to meet that path (it requires perfection)

Abiding in Christ is not some secret work that we just do, It is learning to allow God to love us so we can love others,

that is where unconditional love comes from. man can not comprehend unconditional love, he is to self centered and carnal. he must be shown it first, so he can give it to others.

as Paul said, if I seek the things of the spirit (How does god want me to love, Who does God want me to love, and how much love does God want me to give) I will nto fulfill the lust of the flesh.

The law that says "do not covet" has no power to keep me from temptation.

The law that says love others as Christ loved us (which includes your enemy) has complete and perfect ability to keep me from temptation. somethign from which the law of moses was not capable of doing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mitspa

The law given by the creator does show us the correct path

ok, im done here.

Ps 119

105Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path.

106I have sworn, and have confirmed it, that I will obey your righteous ordinances.

107I am afflicted very much. Revive me, Yahweh, according to your word.

108Accept, I beg you, the willing offerings of my mouth. Yahweh, teach me your ordinances.

109My soul is continually in my hand, yet I won't forget your law.

110The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I haven't gone astray from your precepts.

111I have taken your testimonies as a heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.

112I have set my heart to perform your statutes forever, even to the end. SAMEKH
 
and I gave the Scriptures that show us EXACTLY HOW....

You gave me a bunch of new testament commands, and old testament saying, which had nothing to do with what God told moses to tell the people. the commands written in stone.

that was the point I was trying to make.

if your going to claim the law of moses can keep us from temption (which you have been saying), and your questioned about it, You do not go outside the law of moses to prove your point, You must go to the law of moses, otherwise, your point is mute.

that would be like me trying to tell you that the instructions for building a house say to do point A B and C in that order. and you question me on does it really say that, you believe we can do it in any order. And I go to every book but the actual document in question to prove my point, my arguments are meaningless.

 
ok, im done here.

Ps 119

105Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path.

106I have sworn, and have confirmed it, that I will obey your righteous ordinances.

107I am afflicted very much. Revive me, Yahweh, according to your word.

108Accept, I beg you, the willing offerings of my mouth. Yahweh, teach me your ordinances.

109My soul is continually in my hand, yet I won't forget your law.

110The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I haven't gone astray from your precepts.

111I have taken your testimonies as a heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.

112I have set my heart to perform your statutes forever, even to the end. SAMEKH

yep. you always do this.. maybe one day you will actually listen to the point being made, and not have to run off so much.

oh and ps.. have you followed that path the way God demands (perfectly) or have you not?
 
yep. you always do this.. maybe one day you will actually listen to the point being made, and not have to run off so much.

oh and ps.. have you followed that path the way God demands (perfectly) or have you not?

ok.

and I just told you no im not perfect and do sin, if I am perfect has no bearing on Scriptural truth.

you over and over and over and over distract from Scripture and make it about me.... "hocus pocus"

let YHWH tell the truth and let every man be a liar.
 
ok.

and I just told you no im not perfect and do sin, if I am perfect has no bearing on Scriptural truth.

it does have bearing on the fact you have failed to meet Gods standard, and that every minute of every day you stand condemned by the law of moses. and if you and adolf hitler stood next to God with just that fact, God would throw you both out of his sight for all eternity.

which is a HUGE HUGE fact that legalism prevents one from seeing.


you over and over and over and over distract from Scripture and make it about me.... "hocus pocus"

let YHWH tell the truth and let every man be a liar.

i am trying to get you to see the true purpose of the law of moses. and why it condemns you and me and everyone else in the world. and how after we are saved, it still can not make us righteous people. as paul said himself so many times.
 
law and grace can not mix.

One demands perfection.

the other is given BECAUSE the other can not be held to that perfect standard.

as I have said time and time again, Mercy is not given to one who deserves it or has earned it, it is given to those who can not pay for it.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Grace is given us because we cannot perfectly keep the Law but grace is not a license to break the Law at will. God gives grace to those who obey Him, but those who willfully disobey are given the death penalty...

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
Heb 10:21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,

And what is the function of this High Priest?

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

but for those who willfully sin...

Heb 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Heb 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE."
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

(NKJV throughout)
 
yep. you always do this.. maybe one day you will actually listen to the point being made, and not have to run off so much.

oh and ps.. have you followed that path the way God demands (perfectly) or have you not?

Can you show us where God demands perfection with no room for forgiveness? Where does God say that one slip up is curtains?

Psa 130:3 If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with You, That You may be feared.
 
You know the really cool thing about it all is the simplicity of Christ that all the law is fulfilled in one word love and that is His Commandment. So any honest person can see that love fulfills the law not legalism! :)

Just think about it! We really don't have to have all this great conflict over the law...because we can all rejoice that God has made it simply for us to fulfill...just in one word...love ,we fulfill all the law and every commandment of God! So why all this legalism and debate a strive about the law? If you really love Gods law? you will teach love and not legalism! :)


Rejoice that God through His love has brought the law into a place we can fulfill it ...He has taken it from legalism (the letter) that we could not keep into love (spirit) that He first gives us! What a good God!
 
Gods law is Spiritual its the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Its not found in the "letter" its not kept through the written code its kept through walking in life and love that flows from the Spirit of grace. The old written code was only a shadow of the Spirit that has been given to those who have believed. The old written code was a legal standard that brought judgment unto death. We have been delivered from that judgment by the judgment that was put upon Christ at His Cross. LIFE and love are the commandments of God. That's Gods law! Do you really live and love the Law of God?

It may just be semantics. How could I love the Law which I can hardly follow( hence I need Jesus Christ). BUT I do FEAR the Law and strive to follow the best I could.
 
It may just be semantics. How could I love the Law which I can hardly follow( hence I need Jesus Christ). BUT I do FEAR the Law and strive to follow the best I could.
Well just believe what the bible clearly teaches...all the law is fulfilled in one word...love! God made this simple though Christ for us to obey all His commandments by obeying the commandment of Christ..."love as I have loved you" ... You have no reason to fear the law if you walk in love!

1Jo 4:17 ¶ Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.