Do you observe the Sabbath?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joecoten

I believe that God wants me to take it easy on Saturdays. I want to do what He wants me to do. I don't really care what anyone else thinks, says, or does about it. If you think otherwise and can respectfully and maturely disagree, that's fine with me.
But if you come at me with the moral integrity of a crazed lefty, I will say, "Grow up!" Then I will put you on ignore.

J

joecoten

When I talk about the Sabbath, I am talking about the seventh day of creation and what the Lord said about it. As I've already stated, I am not talking about obeying the Mosaic law and the old covenant. To continue to accuse me of trying to promote the old covenant is to act like Adam Schiff! If some are just out to provoke others, well, I guess trolls are everywhere.

J

joecoten

They bully you about trying to please the Father, out of love, but totally ignore this...
"2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." - Ephesian 4:2-6

J

joecoten

J

joecoten

Without love, we have nothing...
"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

J

joecoten

As I said earlier, I've decided to do what I believe our Father would like me to do on Saturdays. If you don't like it, that's your business.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
God expects us to connect the dots. So what was the purpose of the 7th day Sabbath as seen by Christ? (a) rest, (b) worship, and (c) good works. And do these objectives fit into the Lord's Day -- the first day of the week (commonly known as Sunday)? Absolutely.
John was IN THE SPIRIT on the Lord's Day (Rev 1:10). The day of the LORD is something entirely different, and as you say, a day of wrath. So does anyone really believe that John was "in the Spirit" while under the wrath of God?
I just can't seem to find in the bible where is says specifically that Sunday is the Lord's day. The only reference to the "Lord's Day' is in Rev 1:10 regarding the end times.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Call it as you will but, it is a commandment from God to keep the sabbath.
It is to recognize Christ and His suffering for Grace we now have.
He is worthy.
Thanks for your comment. I find it interesting that very few people have mentioned the word 'keep' in this discussion. I think if we asked people, we would find the term 'keep' means different things to different people.

For example, did God mean keep in the sense that we are to attend ritual observances on particular days or a day.
Or, did God mean 'keep' in the sense that we are to live in the meaning of the sabbath.
Or, perhaps some people interpret it in still other ways.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Hmm it does seem a few make sure you know what "they" do. Just what came to mind lol.. take a Prophet (true one) they never have to tell anyone they are a prophet you will know it. I don't think I was made for the Sabbath. Yet man still flips it.. Christ who only said what the Father said told us about it. Then for me you get lost in all this. Well its what some will believe OT they have to obey yet never touch all the other stuff. Lol in all this God is silent. We all have should His word yet some still have to make sure they tell us what GOD really meant to say for seems God can't for some reason tell you personally.

This is between you and the only one true GOD. He will never ever condemn you make you feel guilty about anything. Never force push rush you in to anything. Even today a true prophet can not does not have the authority to tell anyone what they must do for every believer has the sweet holy Spirit in them. Yeah .. Hes so good that He does not need some man/'woman to tell you what He expects you to do. Wise to listen yet in the end you pray you seek this out .. you find out what He wants in your life. If you question this then pray ask HIM not me or anyone else. Again wise to ask but in the end.. He will always give you a peace about it. Its ALL for Him not what some man thinks for we are not here to please man.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
I just can't seem to find in the bible where is says specifically that Sunday is the Lord's day. The only reference to the "Lord's Day' is in Rev 1:10 regarding the end times.
You can't find it because it's a bunch of non-biblical, heretical nonsense.

The Sabbath is the seventh day in both the Old Testament and the New Testament alike.

There are those who would have us to believe that the Sabbath switched to Sunday or the first day of the week because that is the day on which Jesus was raised from the dead. However, we're told repeatedly in scripture that Jesus was raised from the dead the day after the Sabbath, and we're never told that the Sabbath suddenly switched to Sunday or the first day of the week.

For example, we read:

Matthew chapter 28

[1] In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
[2] And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
[3] His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
[4] And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
[5] And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
[6] He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Mark chapter 16

[1] And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
[2] And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
[3] And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?
[4] And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.
[5] And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
[6] And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

Luke chapter 23

[56] And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Luke chapter 24

[1] Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
[2] And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
[3] And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
[4] And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
[5] And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

John chapter 20

[1] The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

We must remember that the evening COMES FIRST in a Biblical day, so when they came to the tomb "as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week" (Matt. 28:1), "very early in the morning the first day of the week" (Mark 16:2), "upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning" (Luke 24:1), or "the first day of the week...when it was yet dark" (John 20:1), they were arriving near the midway point of the first day of the week or about 12 hours into that day.

Again, in a Biblical day, the evening comes first (Gen. 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31).

Not only was Jesus clearly raised from the dead on the day AFTER the Sabbath in all 4 gospels, but he was raised from the dead on the Jewish Feast of Firstfruits, and that feast occurred on the day AFTER the Sabbath.

We read:

Leviticus chapter 23

[10] Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
[11] And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Again, Jesus Christ was raised from the dead "on the morrow AFTER THE SABBATH" or on the Jewish Feast of Firstfruits, and, for this reason, Paul twice referred to Christ as "the firstfruits" in his first epistle to the Corinthians.

We read:

I Corinthians chapter 15

[19] If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
[20] But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
[21] For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
[22] For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
[23] But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Anyhow, there is nothing, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, in scripture that states that the Sabbath has shifted from the seventh day to the eight day or to the first day of the week. In fact, that heretical nonsense comes to us straight from the Papacy or the literal kingdom of antichrist.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
You are correct. There is reference to Sunday as the Lord's day. But how many have considered the DAY OF THE LORD? iT IS A TIME OF WRATH AND CURSES AND OBLITERATIONS, ETC. ETC.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Isa_2:12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Isa_13:6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Isa_13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Isa_34:8 For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Jer_46:10 For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Lam_2:22 Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD'S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.

Eze_13:5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

Eze_30:3 For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

Joe_1:15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Joe_2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Joe_2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Joe_2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Joe_3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Amo_5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Amo_5:20 Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Oba_1:15 For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zep_1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Zep_1:8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD'S sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

Zep_1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

Zep_1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zep_2:2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.

Zep_2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

Zec_14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

Mal_4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Act_2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

1Th_5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

1Th_5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Mal_3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Joh_10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh_17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jer_16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Did you mean to say "There is NO reference to Sunday as the Lord's day"?
Yes...I meant to say "There is NO reference to Sunday as the Lord's day? Many worship on Sun's day. Many worship the birth of Christ at Christ Mass. I was not raised Catholic, but I believe that these are two tokens of changing God's laws. Deu_4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deu_12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it. Pro_30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

If Jesus changed the laws/the commandments of the LORD, that would make him a sinner and not be qualified to be our Messiah/annointed . This is what the Pharasees and Saducees were hating Jesus because He had the authority to correctly teach the law of Moses and He railed against those sects for their oral traditions that made the laws of the LORD nullified. Our traditions must be examined to make sure they are not adding or diminishing from the written WORD.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

What I am trying to say politely, is that Jesus is the God of the Old Covenant. He is not some new god that has done away or added to His Instructions to ALL generations.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That is NOT regarding the end times! It is about communicating personally with God and Christ "in the Spirit". Read it again. And God expects us to connect the dots. Several respected commentators have also connected the dots.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Nowhere in the bible does it explicitly state that the first day of the week is now the Sabbath. The first day of the week is really the Catholic sabbath and a lot of denominations adopted that for themselves. Is there a verse in the bible that has both the 'lord's Day' and the 'Sabbath' in it? My understanding that the day of the Lord takes place in the end-times where his wrath is released. Doesn't matter to me though on what day people set aside for rest, reflection, prayer, and meditation.
No one claims the 8th day is the Jewish Sabbath --- it is know by very early Christians as the Lord's Day.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
God expects us to connect the dots. So what was the purpose of the 7th day Sabbath as seen by Christ? (a) rest, (b) worship, and (c) good works. And do these objectives fit into the Lord's Day -- the first day of the week (commonly known as Sunday)? Absolutely.
John was IN THE SPIRIT on the Lord's Day (Rev 1:10). The day of the LORD is something entirely different, and as you say, a day of wrath. So does anyone really believe that John was "in the Spirit" while under the wrath of God?
Revelation 1
J.B. Phillips New Testament
Concerning this book
1 1-2 This is a Revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him so that he might show his servants what must very soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who is the witness of all that he saw—the message of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

3 Happy is the man who reads this prophecy and happy are those who hear it read and pay attention to its message; for the time is near.

John’s greeting and ascription
4a John, to the seven Churches in Asia:

4b-6 Grace and peace be to you from him who is and who was and who is coming, from the seven Spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, first-born of the dead, and ruler of kings upon earth. To him who loves us and has set us free from our sins through his own blood, who has made us a kingdom of priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and power for timeless ages, amen.

7 See, he is coming in the clouds and every eye shall see him, even those who pierced him, and his coming will mean bitter sorrow to every tribe upon the earth. So let it be!

8 “I am Alpha and Omega, says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

The message to the seven Churches
9-11 I, John, who am your brother and your companion in the distress, the kingdom and the faithful endurance to which Jesus calls us, was on the island called Patmos because I had spoken God’s message and borne witness to Jesus. On the Lord’s day I knew myself inspired by the Spirit, and I heard from behind me a voice loud as a trumpet-call saying, “Write down in a book what you see, and send it to the seven Churches—to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea!”

12-16 I turned to see whose voice it was that was speaking to me and when I had turned I saw seven golden lamp stands, and among these lampstands I saw someone ‘like a Son of Man’. He was dressed in a long robe with a golden girdle around his breast; his head and his hair were white as snow-white wool, his eyes blazed like fire, and his feet shone as the finest bronze glows in the furnace. His voice had the sound of a great waterfall, and I saw that in his right hand he held seven stars. A sharp two-edged sword came out of his mouth, and his face was ablaze like the sun at its height.

17-20 When my eyes took in this sight I fell at his feet like a dead man. And then he placed his right hand upon me and said, “Do not be afraid. I am the first and the last, the living one. I am he who was dead, and now you see me alive for timeless ages! I hold in my hand the keys of death and the grave. Therefore, write down what you have seen, both the things which are now, and the things which are to be hereafter. The secret meaning of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and of the seven golden lampstands is this: the seven stars are the angels of the seven Churches and the lampstands are the Churches themselves.”

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
All the commandments, not 9/10 but 10/10

blessings and peace.

JF
In the Torah it is really 613 of 613, Do you keep all of them Brother?

The Full List of the Mitzvot
1. To know there is a G‑d—Exodus 20:2

2. Not to entertain thoughts of other gods besides Him—Exodus 20:3

3. To know that He is one—Deuteronomy 6:4

4. To love Him—Deuteronomy 6:5

5. To fear Him—Deuteronomy 10:20

6. To sanctify His Name—Leviticus 22:32

7. Not to profane His Name—Leviticus 22:32

8. Not to destroy objects associated with His Name—Deuteronomy 12:4

9. To listen to the prophet speaking in His Name—Deuteronomy 18:15

10. Not to test the prophet unduly—Deuteronomy 6:16

11. To emulate His ways—Deuteronomy 28:9

12. To cleave to those who know Him—Deuteronomy 10:20

13. To love other Jews—Leviticus 19:18

14. To love converts—Deuteronomy 10:19

15. Not to hate fellow Jews—Leviticus 19:17

16. To reprove wrongdoers—Leviticus 19:17

17. Not to embarrass others—Leviticus 19:17

18. Not to oppress the weak—Exodus 22:21

19. Not to gossip about others—Leviticus 19:16

20. Not to take revenge—Leviticus 19:18

21. Not to bear a grudge—Leviticus 19:18

22. To learn Torah and teach it—Deuteronomy 6:7

23. To honor those who teach and know Torah—Leviticus 19:32

24. Not to inquire into idolatry—Leviticus 19:4

25. Not to follow the whims of your heart or what your eyes see—Numbers 15:39

26. Not to blaspheme—Exodus 22:27

27. Not to worship idols in the manner they are worshiped—Exodus 20:5

28. Not to bow down to idols—Exodus 20:5

29. Not to make an idol for yourself—Exodus 20:4

30. Not to make an idol for others—Leviticus 19:4

31. Not to make human forms even for decorative purposes—Exodus 20:20

32. Not to turn a city to idolatry—Exodus 23:13

33. To burn a city that has turned to idol worship—Deuteronomy 13:17

34. Not to rebuild it as a city—Deuteronomy 13:17

35. Not to derive benefit from it—Deuteronomy 13:18

36. Not to missionize an individual to idol worship—Deuteronomy 13:12

37. Not to love the missionary—Deuteronomy 13:9

38. Not to cease hating the missionary—Deuteronomy 13:9

39. Not to save the missionary—Deuteronomy 13:9

40. Not to say anything in his defense—Deuteronomy 13:9

41. Not to refrain from incriminating him—Deuteronomy 13:9

42. Not to prophesize in the name of idolatry—Deuteronomy 18:20

43. Not to listen to a false prophet—Deuteronomy 13:4

44. Not to prophesize falsely in the name of G‑d—Deuteronomy 18:20

45. Not to be afraid of killing the false prophet—Deuteronomy 18:22

46. Not to swear in the name of an idol—Exodus 23:13

47. Not to perform Ov (medium)--Leviticus 19:31

48. Not to perform Yidoni (magical seer)--Leviticus 19:31

49. Not to pass your children through the fire to Molech—Leviticus 18:21

50. Not to erect a column in a public place of worship—Deuteronomy 16:22

51. Not to bow down on smooth stone—Leviticus 26:1

52. Not to plant a tree in the Temple courtyard—Deuteronomy 16:21

53. To destroy idols and their accessories—Deuteronomy 12:2

54. Not to derive benefit from idols and their accessories—Deuteronomy 7:26

55. Not to derive benefit from ornaments of idols—Deuteronomy 7:25

56. Not to make a covenant with idolaters—Deuteronomy 7:2

57. Not to show favor to them—Deuteronomy 7:2

58. Not to let them dwell in our land—Exodus 23:33

59. Not to imitate them in customs and clothing—Leviticus 20:23

60. Not to be superstitious—Leviticus 19:26

61. Not to go into a trance to foresee events, etc.--Deuteronomy 18:10

62. Not to engage in astrology—Leviticus 19:26

63. Not to mutter incantations—Deuteronomy 18:11

64. Not to attempt to engage the dead in conversation—Deuteronomy 18:11

65. Not to consult the Ov—Deuteronomy 18:11

66. Not to consult the Yidoni—Deuteronomy 18:11

67. Not to perform acts of magic—Deuteronomy 18:10

68. Men must not shave the hair off the sides of their head—Leviticus 19:27

69. Men must not shave their beards with a razor—Leviticus 19:27

70. Men must not wear women's clothing—Deuteronomy 22:5

71. Women must not wear men's clothing—Deuteronomy 22:5

72. Not to tattoo the skin—Leviticus 19:28

73. Not to tear the skin in mourning—Deuteronomy 14:1

74. Not to make a bald spot in mourning—Deuteronomy 14:1

75. To repent and confess wrongdoings—Numbers 5:7

76. To say the Shema twice daily—Deuteronomy 6:7

77. To serve the Almighty with prayer daily—Exodus 23:25

78. The Kohanim must bless the Jewish nation daily—Numbers 6:23

79. To wear Tefillin on the head—Deuteronomy 6:8

80. To bind tefillin on the arm—Deuteronomy 6:8

81. To put a Mezuzah on each door post—Deuteronomy 6:9

82. To write a Sefer Torah—Deuteronomy 31:19

83. The king must have a separate Sefer Torah for himself—Deuteronomy 17:18

84. To have Tzitzit on four-cornered garments—Numbers 15:38

85. To bless the Almighty after eating—Deuteronomy 8:10

86. To circumcise all males on the eighth day after their birth—Leviticus 12:3

87. To rest on the seventh day—Exodus 23:12

88. Not to do prohibited labor on the seventh day—Exodus 20:10

89. The court must not inflict punishment on Shabbat—Exodus 35:3

90. Not to walk more than 2000 cubits outside the city boundary on Shabbat—Exodus 16:29

91. To sanctify the day with Kiddush and Havdalah—Exodus 20:8

92. To rest from prohibited labor on Yom Kippur—Leviticus 23:32

93. Not to do prohibited labor on Yom Kippur—Leviticus 23:31

94. To afflict yourself on Yom Kippur—Leviticus 16:29

95. Not to eat or drink on Yom Kippur—Leviticus 23:29

96. To rest on the first day of Passover—Leviticus 23:8

97. Not to do prohibited labor on the first day of Passover—Leviticus 23:8

98. To rest on the seventh day of Passover—Leviticus 23:8

99. Not to do prohibited labor on the seventh day of Passover—Leviticus 23:8

100. To rest on Shavuot—Leviticus 23:21

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
101. Not to do prohibited labor on Shavuot—Leviticus 23:21

102. To rest on Rosh Hashanah—Leviticus 23:24

103. Not to do prohibited labor on Rosh Hashanah—Leviticus 23:25

104. To rest on Sukkot—Leviticus 23:35

105. Not to do prohibited labor on Sukkot—Leviticus 23:35

106. To rest on Shemini Atzeret—Leviticus 23:36

107. Not to do prohibited labor on Shemini Atzeret—Leviticus 23:36

108. Not to eat Chametz on the afternoon of the 14th day of Nissan—Deuteronomy 16:3

109. To destroy all Chametz on 14th day of Nissan—Exodus 12:15

110. Not to eat Chametz all seven days of Passover—Exodus 13:3

111. Not to eat mixtures containing Chametz all seven days of Passover—Exodus 12:20

112. Chametz should not be seen in your domain seven days—Exodus 13:7

113. Chametz should not be found in your domain seven days—Exodus 12:19

114. To eat Matzah on the first night of Passover—Exodus 12:18

115. To relate the Exodus from Egypt on that night—Exodus 13:8

116. To hear the Shofar on the first day of Tishrei (Rosh Hashanah)--Numbers 29:1

117. To dwell in a Sukkah for the seven days of Sukkot—Leviticus 23:42

118. To take up a Lulav and Etrog all seven days of Sukkot—Leviticus 23:40

119. Each man must give a half shekel annually—Exodus 30:13

120. Courts must calculate to determine when a new month begins—Exodus 12:2

121. To afflict and cry out before G‑d in times of catastrophe—Numbers 10:9

122. To marry a wife by the means prescribed in the Torah (kiddushin)--Deuteronomy 24:1

123. Not to have relations with women not thus married—Deuteronomy 23:18

124. Not to withhold food, clothing, and sexual relations from your wife—Exodus 21:10

125. To have children with one's wife—Genesis 1:28

126. To issue a divorce by means of a Get document—Deuteronomy 24:1

127. A man must not remarry his wife after she has married someone else—Deuteronomy 24:4

128. To do Yibum (marry childless brother's widow)--Deuteronomy 25:5

129. To do Chalitzah (freeing a widow from yibum)--Deuteronomy 25:9

130. The widow must not remarry until the ties with her brother-in-law are removed—Deuteronomy 25:5

131. The court must fine one who seduces a maiden—Exodus 22:15-16

132. The rapist must marry the maiden (if she chooses)--Deuteronomy 22:29

133. He is not allowed to divorce her—Deuteronomy 22:29

134. The slanderer must remain married to the wife he slandered—Deuteronomy 22:19

135. He must not divorce her—Deuteronomy 22:19

136. To fulfill the laws of the woman suspected of adultery (Sotah)--Numbers 5:30

137. Not to put oil on her meal offering—Numbers 5:15

138. Not to put frankincense on her Meal Offering—Numbers 5:15

139. Not to have sexual relations with your mother—Leviticus 18:7

140. Not to have sexual relations with your father's wife—Leviticus 18:8

141. Not to have sexual relations with your sister—Leviticus 18:9

142. Not to have sexual relations with your father's wife's daughter (from your father)--Leviticus 18:11

143. Not to have sexual relations with your son's daughter—Leviticus 18:10

144. Not to have sexual relations with your daughter—Leviticus 18:10

145. Not to have sexual relations with your daughter's daughter—Leviticus 18:10

146. Not to marry a woman and her daughter—Leviticus 18:17

147. Not to marry a woman and her son's daughter—Leviticus 18:17

148. Not to marry a woman and her daughter's daughter—Leviticus 18:17

149. Not to have sexual relations with your father's sister—Leviticus 18:12

150. Not to have sexual relations with your mother's sister—Leviticus 18:13

151. Not to have sexual relations with your father's brother's wife—Leviticus 18:14

152. Not to have sexual relations with your son's wife—Leviticus 18:15

153. Not to have sexual relations with your brother's wife—Leviticus 18:16

154. Not to have sexual relations with your wife's sister—Leviticus 18:18

155. A man must not have sexual relations with a beast—Leviticus 18:23

156. A woman must not have sexual relations with a beast—Leviticus 18:23

157. Not to have homosexual sexual relations—Leviticus 18:22

158. Not to have homosexual sexual relations with your father—Leviticus 18:7

159. Not to have homosexual sexual relations with your father's brother—Leviticus 18:14

160. Not to have sexual relations with a married woman—Leviticus 18:20

161. Not to have sexual relations with a menstrually impure woman—Leviticus 18:19

162. Not to marry non-Jews—Deuteronomy 7:3

163. Not to let Moabite and Ammonite males marry into the Jewish people—Deuteronomy 23:4

164. Don't keep a third generation Egyptian convert from marrying into the Jewish
people—Deuteronomy 23:8-9

165. Not to refrain from marrying a third generation Edomite convert—Deuteronomy 23:8-9

166. Not to let a Mamzer ("bastard") marry into the Jewish people—Deuteronomy 23:3

167. Not to let a eunuch marry into the Jewish people—Deuteronomy 23:2

168. Not to castrate any male (including animals)--Leviticus 22:24

169. The High Priest must not marry a widow—Leviticus 21:14

170. The High Priest must not have sexual relations with a widow even outside of marriage—Leviticus 21:14

171. The High Priest must marry a virgin maiden—Leviticus 21:13

172. A Kohen must not marry a divorcee—Leviticus 21:7

173. A Kohen must not marry a zonah (a woman who had forbidden relations)--Leviticus 21:7

174. A Kohen must not marry a chalalah (party to or product of 169-172)--Leviticus 21:7

175. Not to make pleasurable (sexual) contact with any forbidden woman—Leviticus 18:6

176. To examine the signs of animals to distinguish between Kosher and non-kosher—Leviticus 11:2

177. To examine the signs of fowl to distinguish between kosher and non-kosher—Deuteronomy 14:11

178. To examine the signs of fish to distinguish between kosher and non-kosher—Leviticus 11:9

179. To examine the signs of locusts to distinguish between kosher and non-kosher—Leviticus 11:21

180. Not to eat non-kosher animals—Leviticus 11:4

181. Not to eat non-kosher fowl—Leviticus 11:13

182. Not to eat non-kosher fish—Leviticus 11:11

183. Not to eat non-kosher flying insects—Deuteronomy 14:19

184. Not to eat non-kosher creatures that crawl on land—Leviticus 11:41

185. Not to eat non-kosher maggots—Leviticus 11:44

186. Not to eat worms found in fruit once they have left the fruit—Leviticus 11:42

187. Not to eat creatures that live in water other than fish—Leviticus 11:43

188. Not to eat the meat of an animal that died without ritual slaughter—Deuteronomy 14:21

189. Not to benefit from a beast condemned to be stoned—Exodus 21:28

190. Not to eat meat of an animal that was mortally wounded—Exodus 22:30

191. Not to eat a limb torn off a living creature—Deuteronomy 12:23

192. Not to eat blood—Leviticus 3:17

193. Not to eat certain fats of kosher animals—Leviticus 3:17

194. Not to eat the sinew of the thigh—Genesis. 32:33

195. Not to eat meat and milk cooked together—Exodus 23:19

196. Not to cook meat and milk together—Exodus 34:26

197. Not to eat bread from new grain before the Omer—Leviticus 23:14

198. Not to eat parched grains from new grain before the Omer—Leviticus 23:14

199. Not to eat ripened grains from new grain before the Omer—Leviticus 23:14

200. Not to eat fruit of a tree during its first three years—Leviticus 19:23

201. Not to eat diverse seeds planted in a vineyard—Deuteronomy 22:9

202. Not to eat untithed fruits—Leviticus 22:15

203. Not to drink wine poured in service to idols—Deuteronomy 32:38

204. To ritually slaughter an animal before eating it—Deuteronomy 12:21

205. Not to slaughter an animal and its offspring on the same day—Leviticus 22:28

206. To cover the blood (of a slaughtered beast or fowl) with earth—Leviticus 17:13

207. Not to take the mother bird from her children—Deuteronomy 22:6

208. To release the mother bird before taking the children—Deuteronomy 22:7

209. Not to swear falsely in G‑d's Name—Leviticus 19:12

210. Not to take G‑d's Name in vain—Exodus 20:7

211. Not to deny possession of something entrusted to you—Leviticus 19:11

212. Not to swear falsely in denial of a monetary claim—Leviticus 19:11

213. To swear in G‑d's Name to confirm the truth when deemed necessary by court—Deuteronomy 10:20

214. To fulfill what was uttered and to do what was avowed—Deuteronomy 23:24

215. Not to break oaths or vows—Numbers 30:3

216. For oaths and vows annulled, there are the laws of annulling vows explicit in the Torah—Numbers 30:3

217. The Nazir must let his hair grow—Numbers 6:5

218. He must not cut his hair—Numbers 6:5

219. He must not drink wine, wine mixtures, or wine vinegar—Numbers 6:3

220. He must not eat fresh grapes—Numbers 6:3

221. He must not eat raisins—Numbers 6:3

222. He must not eat grape seeds—Numbers 6:4

223. He must not eat grape skins—Numbers 6:4

224. He must not be under the same roof as a corpse—Numbers 6:6

225. He must not come into contact with the dead—Numbers 6:7

226. He must shave after bringing sacrifices upon completion of his Nazirite period—Numbers 6:18

227. To estimate the value of people (when someone pledges a person's worth) as determined by the Torah—Leviticus 27:2

228. To estimate the value of consecrated animals—Leviticus 27:12-13

229. To estimate the value of consecrated houses—Leviticus 27:14

230. To estimate the value of consecrated fields—Leviticus 27:16

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
231. Carry out the laws of interdicting possessions (cherem)--Leviticus 27:28

232. Not to sell the cherem—Leviticus 27:28

233. Not to redeem the cherem—Leviticus 27:28

234. Not to plant diverse seeds together—Leviticus 19:19

235. Not to plant grains or greens in a vineyard—Deuteronomy 22:9

236. Not to crossbreed animals—Leviticus 19:19

237. Not to work different animals together—Deuteronomy 22:10

238. Not to wear Shatnez, a cloth woven of wool and linen—Deuteronomy 22:11

239. To leave a corner of the field uncut for the poor—Leviticus 19:10

240. Not to reap that corner—Leviticus 19:9

241. To leave gleanings for The poor—Leviticus 19:9

242. Not to gather the gleanings—Leviticus 19:9

243. To leave the gleanings of a vineyard—Leviticus 19:10

244. Not to gather the gleanings of a vineyard—Leviticus 19:10

245. To leave the unformed clusters of grapes for the poor—Leviticus 19:10

246. Not to pick the unformed clusters of grapes—Leviticus 19:10

247. To leave the forgotten sheaves in the field for the poor—Deuteronomy 24:19

248. Not to retrieve them—Deuteronomy 24:19

249. To separate the tithe for the poor—Deuteronomy 14:28

250. To give charity—Deuteronomy 15:11

251. Not to withhold charity from the poor—Deuteronomy 15:7

252. To set aside Terumah Gedolah (tithe for the Kohen)--Deuteronomy 18:4

253. The Levite must set aside a tenth of his tithe for the Kohen—Numbers 18:26

254. Not to improperly preface one tithe to the next, but separate them in their proper order—Exodus 22:28

255. A non-Kohen must not eat Terumah—Leviticus 22:10

256. A hired worker or a Jewish bondsman of a Kohen must not eat Terumah—Leviticus 22:10

257. An uncircumcised Kohen must not eat Terumah—Exodus 12:48

258. An impure Kohen must not eat Terumah—Leviticus 22:4

259. A chalalah [see Mitzvah 174] must not eat Terumah—Leviticus 22:12

260. To set aside Ma'aser (tithe) each planting year and give it to a Levite—Numbers 18:24

261. To set aside the Second Tithe (which is to be eaten in Jerusalem)--Deuteronomy 14:22

262. Not to spend its redemption money on anything but food, drink, or ointment—Deuteronomy 26:14

263. Not to eat the Second Tithe while impure—Deuteronomy 26:14

264. A mourner on the first day after death must not eat the Second Tithe —Deuteronomy 26:14

265. Not to eat Second Tithe grains outside Jerusalem—Deuteronomy 12:17

266. Not to eat Second Tithe wine products outside Jerusalem—Deuteronomy 12:17

267. Not to eat Second Tithe oil outside Jerusalem—Deuteronomy 12:17

268. The fourth year crops must be totally for holy purposes like the Second Tithe—Leviticus 19:24

269. To read the confession of tithes every fourth and seventh year—Deuteronomy 26:13

270. To set aside the first fruits and bring them to the Temple—Exodus 23:19

271. The Kohanim must not eat the first fruits outside Jerusalem—Deuteronomy 12:17

272. To read the Torah Portion pertaining to their presentation—Deuteronomy 26:5

273. To set aside a portion of dough for a Kohen—Numbers 15:20

274. To give the shoulder, two cheeks, and stomach of slaughtered animals to a Kohen—Deuteronomy 18:3

275. To give the first shearing of sheep to a Kohen—Deuteronomy 18:4

276. To redeem the firstborn sons and give the money to a Kohen—Numbers 18:15

277. To redeem the firstborn donkey by giving a lamb to a Kohen—Exodus 13:13

278. To break the neck of the donkey if the owner does not intend to redeem it—Exodus 13:13

279. To rest the land during the seventh year by not doing any work which enhances growth—Exodus 34:21

280. Not to work the land during the seventh year—Leviticus 25:4

281. Not to work with trees to produce fruit during that year—Leviticus 25:4

282. Not to reap crops that grow wild that year in the normal manner—Leviticus 25:5

283. Not to gather grapes which grow wild that year in the normal way—Leviticus 25:5

284. To leave free all produce which grew in that year—Exodus 23:11

285. To release all loans during the seventh year—Deuteronomy 15:3

286. Not to pressure or claim from the borrower—Deuteronomy 15:2

287. Not to refrain from lending immediately before the release of the loans for fear of monetary loss—Deuteronomy 15:9

288. The Sanhedrin must count seven groups of seven years—Leviticus 25:8

289. The Sanhedrin must sanctify the fiftieth (Jubilee) year—Leviticus 25:10

290. To blow the Shofar on the tenth of Tishrei (Yom Kippur of the Jubilee year) to free the slaves—Leviticus 25:9

291. Not to work the soil during the fiftieth year—Leviticus 25:11

292. Not to reap in the normal manner that which grows wild in the fiftieth year—Leviticus 25:11

293. Not to pick grapes which grew wild in the normal manner in the fiftieth year—Leviticus 25:11

294. Carry out the laws of sold family properties—Leviticus 25:24

295. Not to sell the land in Israel indefinitely—Leviticus 25:23

296. Carry out the laws of houses in walled cities—Leviticus 25:29

297. The Tribe of Levi must not be given a portion of the land in Israel, rather they are given cities to dwell in—Deuteronomy 18:2

298. The Levites must not take a share in the spoils of war—Deuteronomy 18:1

299. To give the Levites cities to inhabit and their surrounding fields—Numbers 35:2

300. Not to sell the fields but they shall remain the Levites' before and after the Jubilee year—Leviticus 25:34

301. To build a Sanctuary (Holy Temple)--Exodus 25:8

302. Not to build the altar with stones hewn by metal—Exodus 20:22

303. Not to climb steps to the altar—Exodus 20:23

304. To show reverence for the Temple—Leviticus 19:30

305. To guard the Temple area—Numbers 18:3

306. Not to leave the Temple unguarded—Numbers 18:5

307. To prepare the anointing oil—Exodus 30:31

308. Not to reproduce the anointing oil (for personal use)--Exodus 30:32

309. Not to anoint with anointing oil (a non-Kohen or non-king)--Exodus 30:32

310. Not to reproduce the incense formula (for personal use)--Exodus 30:37

311. Not to burn anything on the Golden Altar besides incense—Exodus 30:9

312. The Levites must transport the ark on their shoulders—Numbers 7:9

313. Not to remove the staves from the ark—Exodus 25:15

314. The Levites must work in the Temple—Numbers 18:23

315. No Levite must do another's work of either a Kohen or a Levite—Numbers 18:3

316. To dedicate the Kohen for service—Leviticus 21:8

317. The Kohen work shifts must be equal during holidays—Deuteronomy 18:6-8

318. The Kohanim must wear their priestly garments during service—Exodus 28:2

319. Not to tear the priestly garments—Exodus 28:32

320. The High Priest's breastplate must not be loosened from the Efod (priestly apron)--Exodus 28:28

321. A Kohen must not enter the Temple intoxicated—Leviticus 10:9

322. A Kohen must not enter the Temple with long hair—Leviticus 10:6

323. A Kohen must not enter the Temple with torn clothes—Leviticus 10:6

324. A Kohen must not enter the sanctuary of the Temple indiscriminately—Leviticus 16:2

325. A Kohen must not leave the Temple during service—Leviticus 10:7

326. To send the impure from the Temple—Numbers 5:2

327. Impure people must not enter the Temple—Numbers 5:3

328. [Certain] impure people must not enter [even] the Temple Mount area—Deuteronomy 23:11

329. Impure Kohanim must not do service in the temple—Leviticus 22:2

330. An impure Kohen, following immersion, must wait until after sundown before returning to service—Leviticus 21:6

331. A Kohen must wash his hands and feet before service—Exodus 30:19

332. A Kohen with a physical blemish must not enter the sanctuary or approach the altar—Leviticus 21:23

333. A Kohen with a physical blemish must not serve—Leviticus 21:17

334. A Kohen with a temporary blemish must not serve—Leviticus 21:18

335. One who is not a Kohen must not serve—Numbers 18:4

336. To offer only unblemished animals—Leviticus 22:21

337. Not to dedicate a blemished animal for the altar—Leviticus 22:20

338. Not to slaughter it—Leviticus 22:22

339. Not to sprinkle its blood—Leviticus 22:24

340. Not to burn its fat—Leviticus 22:22

341. Not to offer a temporarily blemished animal—Deuteronomy 17:1

342. Not to sacrifice blemished animals even if offered by non-Jews—Leviticus 22:25

343. Not to inflict wounds upon dedicated animals—Leviticus 22:21

344. To redeem dedicated animals which have become disqualified—Deuteronomy 12:15

345. To offer only animals which are at least eight days old—Leviticus 22:27

346. Not to offer animals bought with the wages of a harlot or the animal exchanged for a dog—Deuteronomy 23:19

347. Not to burn honey or yeast on the altar—Leviticus 2:11

348. To salt all sacrifices—Leviticus 2:13