Do you really want a woman who is like Jael? She was a woman of GOD.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnB

Well-known member
Jul 31, 2022
2,078
456
83
Calif
When I say I wasn’t a biblical wife, what people think I mean: I want a wife who is passive and subservient.
What I really mean is: I want a wife who is totally willing to drive a tent spike into a tyrant’s head should the opportunity arise.

Judges 4:21 “But Jael, Heber’s wife, picked up a tent peg and a hammer and went quietly to him while he lay fast asleep, exhausted. She drove the peg through his temple into the ground, and he died.

The women could say: If you can’t handle me at Judges 4:21 you don’t deserve me at Proverbs 31.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NotmebutHim
Well I would dare say that the woman described in Proverbs 31 isn't exactly docile or demure either. I tend to think of her as similar to Queen Esther, Abigail or Lydia.
 
That scene from the Bible always makes me laugh or cheer. You have to know the context.
I've trained very feminine, beautiful women in use of weaponry. It makes me feel better to know that they are safe should I not be nearby to protect her. (Volume first)
 
When I say I wasn’t a biblical wife, what people think I mean: I want a wife who is passive and subservient.
What I really mean is: I want a wife who is totally willing to drive a tent spike into a tyrant’s head should the opportunity arise.

Judges 4:21 “But Jael, Heber’s wife, picked up a tent peg and a hammer and went quietly to him while he lay fast asleep, exhausted. She drove the peg through his temple into the ground, and he died.

The women could say: If you can’t handle me at Judges 4:21 you don’t deserve me at Proverbs 31.
Well you wouldn't want her to treat you like Sisera.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnB
When I say I wasn’t a biblical wife, what people think I mean: I want a wife who is passive and subservient.
What I really mean is: I want a wife who is totally willing to drive a tent spike into a tyrant’s head should the opportunity arise.

Judges 4:21 “But Jael, Heber’s wife, picked up a tent peg and a hammer and went quietly to him while he lay fast asleep, exhausted. She drove the peg through his temple into the ground, and he died.

The women could say: If you can’t handle me at Judges 4:21 you don’t deserve me at Proverbs 31.

Not saying it’s impossible to find what you’re looking for, but women typically aren’t very physically violent. At least not to the point of hammering a tent spike through someone’s skull with such force it exits their skull and goes into the ground. That sounds like a killing of passion to me. I imagine she would have had to hammer the spike many times. It was overkill.

Is that the kind of person you want to share a house with?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SomeDisciple
Not saying it’s impossible to find what you’re looking for, but women typically aren’t very physically violent. At least not to the point of hammering a tent spike through someone’s skull with such force it exits their skull and goes into the ground. That sounds like a killing of passion to me. I imagine she would have had to hammer the spike many times. It was overkill.

Is that the kind of person you want to share a house with?
It is to be taken with a sense of humor.
 
Sisera teaches us a good lesson-- when people are seeking your life, don't drink something and get hammered.