Do you still sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
There is not a just man upon the planet that does good and sins NOT!

IT absolutely blows my mind that people claim to be sinless when every scripture written about sin in the present tense was written with saved believing people on the planet.

The spirit BORN AGAIN from above by INCORRUPTIBLE SEED does NOT SIN, however, IT IS STILL BOUND IN A FALLEN BODY OF FLESH THAT SINS EVERYDAY in some form or FASHION.

SIN IS NOT THE ISSUE, FAITH IS THE ISSUE and in a BELIEVER THAT STILL FAILS AND SINS.....GRACE outbounds that SIN AND THE APPLIED BLOOD BY FAITH CONTINUALLY CLEANSES US OF SIN!

CS1

May 23, 2012
So God doesn’t care people around me pretending to care about black lives while using batteries made on backs of black children? Just keep using them and let this insanity carrying on isn’t sin? To name just one on the top of my head :)
Do you have an issue with the Energizer Bunny? it is not batteries that are abusing children it is those countries and people. If not using a battery would stop the abuse of children I would not use them. Your logic stems from controlling position. Let rid of batteries, gas cars, homeownership, etc... No one is going to hell because of the Energizer bunny unless you are worshiping it.

F

Fundamental

Do you have an issue with the Energizer Bunny? it is not batteries that are abusing children it is those countries and people. If not using a battery would stop the abuse of children I would not use them. Your logic stems from controlling position. Let rid of batteries, gas cars, homeownership, etc... No one is going to hell because of the Energizer bunny unless you are worshiping it.
I’m not saying we’re going to hell. I’m saying we’re all sinners. This can only be solved by the blood of Christ. Human nature is sinful until the devil is defeated in our world. As we all can clearly see, them feeding us, schooling us and entertaining us have built their enterprises by exploitment and not by nice deeds. There’s a battle for our soul.

So I find it odd when people say they don’t sin anymore. A lot of sins may be thrown over board, forgiven and forgotten. But we as humans are still sinners because we live in a world serving the devil and not God. The world we have built for ourselves (in general) is not in the image of our Father but of the devil. It’s everywhere and quiet catchy...

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
There is not a just man upon the planet that does good and sins NOT!

IT absolutely blows my mind that people claim to be sinless when every scripture written about sin in the present tense was written with saved believing people on the planet.

The spirit BORN AGAIN from above by INCORRUPTIBLE SEED does NOT SIN, however, IT IS STILL BOUND IN A FALLEN BODY OF FLESH THAT SINS EVERYDAY in some form or FASHION.

SIN IS NOT THE ISSUE, FAITH IS THE ISSUE and in a BELIEVER THAT STILL FAILS AND SINS.....GRACE outbounds that SIN AND THE APPLIED BLOOD BY FAITH CONTINUALLY CLEANSES US OF SIN!
dc, Jesus Christ saved us. Did He save us so we can just go on sinning in our flesh and keep calling ourselves "sinners"? Yes, we have grace that's why our sin now is NOT unto death.

We do still contend with sin in our flesh but, with the renewing of our minds with God's Word and Spirit we mature more and more and sin less and less.

No more excuses for our decision to sin - no more blaming it on the flesh. We are no longer in bondage to our flesh we can choose NOT to sin.

If we can embrace the "work of the Holy Spirit" in our lives to renew our minds with the Word of God we can learn to WALK by the Spirit and NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

We're out of excuses. We need to just do it - let the Holy Spirit do His Work in us so we can walk in God's Ways! :love:(y)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So God doesn’t care people around me pretending to care about black lives while using batteries made on backs of black children? Just keep using them and let this insanity carrying on isn’t sin? To name just one on the top of my head :)
I believe that the batteries are made on the backs of Chinese children, along with the all of the other stuff you find in your local super Walmart.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I’m not saying we’re going to hell. I’m saying we’re all sinners. This can only be solved by the blood of Christ. Human nature is sinful until the devil is defeated in our world. As we all can clearly see, them feeding us, schooling us and entertaining us have built their enterprises by exploitment and not by nice deeds. There’s a battle for our soul.

So I find it odd when people say they don’t sin anymore. A lot of sins may be thrown over board, forgiven and forgotten. But we as humans are still sinners because we live in a world serving the devil and not God. The world we have built for ourselves (in general) is not in the image of our Father but of the devil. It’s everywhere and quiet catchy...
Ok sinning is missing the mark. Those who say they have not missed the mark just missed the mark LOL.

F

Fundamental

I believe that the batteries are made on the backs of Chinese children, along with the all of the other stuff you find in your local super Walmart.
The resources also come out of mines in Africa,, like the Congo. They ship that out and put those lithium or whatever in the batteries of our ipads and smartphones and other stuff.

This world is really corrupt and can only be saved by Christ, that’s why we need to repent our sins. And not let TV tell us what is right or wrong. If we’d honestly look at how the west was consuming, it would shock us to our core. If we connect the dots and puzzle the image of what’s ahead on the long term for generations to come, we’d change our ways. But denying those sins will never change a thing I believe

Even I am too wordly and I will never really consider myself reborn in Him until I eat, drink, speak, walk talk and act like He did. This material world is going bye bye I guess.... we can’t do this forever.

CS1

May 23, 2012
The resources also come out of mines in Africa,, like the Congo. They ship that out and put those lithium or whatever in the batteries of our ipads and smartphones and other stuff.

This world is really corrupt and can only be saved by Christ, that’s why we need to repent our sins. And not let TV tell us what is right or wrong. If we’d honestly look at how the west was consuming, it would shock us to our core. If we connect the dots and puzzle the image of what’s ahead on the long term for generations to come, we’d change our ways. But denying those sins will never change a thing I believe

Even I am too wordly and I will never really consider myself reborn in Him until I eat, drink, speak, walk talk and act like He did. This material world is going bye bye I guess.... we can’t do this forever.
Thank God I have a flip phone from 2000 I still use and no Ipad or smartphone :)

F

Fundamental

Ok sinning is missing the mark. Those who say they have not missed the mark just missed the mark LOL.
Thank God I have a flip phone from 2000 I still use and no Ipad or smartphone :)
Well these are just simple examples. If we’d really see and disect human nature as objective indivuals we’d really be shocked. Imagine an advanced alien race watching at us, would you connect with humanity? Man I would just blow them off the earth and make something good out of it (satire)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

There will always be those that are exploited to produce the world's material goods. The way things stand now there is not going to be a long term for generations to come. I would not want to be a child in Africa, black or otherwise, forced to work in a lithium mine.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Well these are just simple examples. If we’d really see and disect human nature as objective indivuals we’d really be shocked. Imagine an advanced alien race watching at us, would you connect with humanity? Man I would just blow them off the earth and make something good out of it (satire)
I think it is honorable what you are saying :). I have been to Africa many times. In our church, we have many from the Congo and Nigeria. IF God has placed it on your heart I pray with you all Children on the Continent of Africa would be saved from oppressive men. In Jesus' name amen.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Hi Fundamental,

Welcome to CC! :love:

Slavery is horrible captivity - in fact, slavery was our old sinful nature in Adam that held us in bondage to sin and captive to the god of this world-Satan. However, IN CHRIST we are FREE! Like Martin Luther King Jr. said, "Thank God Almighty, I am free at last!"

I've learned a lot since my OP on this thread. I understand now that all of us are dealing with sin still in our flesh but, NOT in our nature anymore. In Adam all die but, in Christ all live.

It's now the renewing of our mind that needs to take place so our souls can be restored. The Holy Spirit with the Word of God renews our mind - line upon line, precept upon precept - so that we can know the perfect Will of God and do it.

We're learning to walk by the Spirit so we do NOT fulfill the lust of our flesh. It's a process. We need to love and encourage each other! :love:(y)

F

Fundamental

There will always be those that are exploited to produce the world's material goods. The way things stand now there is not going to be a long term for generations to come. I would not want to be a child in Africa, black or otherwise, forced to work in a lithium mine.
But yet we all are guilty in some way as soon we make a purchase making these practices possible. No? And we may not experience that as sin, but it is all connected to our sinful nature as human beings. That can only be saved through Christ. We come to awareness how sinful we are and how bad our societies have become by not making Him King of their lives.

So we need to address sin and keep repenting from it and put them out in the open and not go over them so lightly. If we’d say we don’t sin anymore our guards are down. If we look for His ways we’re constant on guard making us better armored individuals.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe that is what God intends to do, at least in regards to the earth.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
God's ways are so much higher than ours......God did only save 8 people during the flood of Noah.....and there's coming a day when He'll destroy again but, this time with fire.........:unsure:

Psalm 8:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
But yet we all are guilty in some way as soon we make a purchase making these practices possible. No? And we may not experience that as sin, but it is all connected to our sinful nature as human beings. That can only be saved through Christ. We come to awareness how sinful we are and how bad our societies have become by not making Him King of their lives.

So we need to address sin and keep repenting from it and put them out in the open and not go over them so lightly. If we’d say we don’t sin anymore our guards are down. If we look for His ways we’re constant on guard making us better armored individuals.
Our salvation is secure IN CHRIST alone but, we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and full of God's Word to live a godly and holy life on this Earth. :love:(y)

F

Fundamental

I think it is honorable what you are saying :). I have been to Africa many times. In our church, we have many from the Congo and Nigeria. IF God has placed it on your heart I pray with you all Children on the Continent of Africa would be saved from oppressive men. In Jesus' name amen.
Amen! We need to point where it is really going on. But our media doesn’t because that would divide the rich. Rather they make news then report the actual news; stirring everybody up :(

Hi Fundamental,

Welcome to CC! :love:

Slavery is horrible captivity - in fact, slavery was our old sinful nature in Adam that held us in bondage to sin and captive to the god of this world-Satan. However, IN CHRIST we are FREE! Like Martin Luther King Jr. said, "Thank God Almighty, I am free at last!"

I've learned a lot since my OP on this thread. I understand now that all of us are dealing with sin still in our flesh but, NOT in our nature anymore. In Adam all die but, in Christ all live.

It's now the renewing of our mind that needs to take place so our souls can be restored. The Holy Spirit with the Word of God renews our mind - line upon line, precept upon precept - so that we can know the perfect Will of God and do it.

We're learning to walk by the Spirit so we do NOT fulfill the lust of our flesh. It's a process. We need to love and encourage each other! :love:(y)
Thank you Lafftur. We are all slaves, slaves of the flesh, slaves of ideologies we’d never bring up ourselves but were born in. But slavery exploiting others against their will is most horrible. We are free in Christ, but you are still in this world and not from this world.
How free are christians in Turkey today? They are free when they get everlasting life. When we surrender to Christ we are still in this sinful world. We are reborn here but we will also be actually reborn after we die. Death and disease entered this world. It wont in the next and until then we’re all in sin.

For instance, a man has sinned all his life, he repents, changes his ways and gets sick and dies. His soul was saved but death was still in this world. Death (which might as well equal sin) is not overcome by us but by Christ and when Christ returns is ????.

F

Fundamental

Our salvation is secure IN CHRIST alone but, we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and full of God's Word to live a godly and holy life on this Earth. :love:(y)
Amen. It is the christian way of life only that can withold the demonic forces unleashed on mankind. But a united church as one body in Christ (international) has not been accomplished yet. Christians have exposed a lot, but a lot of them have become very (and I mean very) worldly. Too comfy imho

Jul 9, 2020
So God doesn’t care people around me pretending to care about black lives while using batteries made on backs of black children?
1. You're right, those "white" protesters don't really care about blacks. They're just showboating how woke they are. They're scared and trying to appease the blacks because BLM really means "Burning Looting Murderers."
2. Why should I care more about black lives than I care about white lives? White lives matter!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Thank you Lafftur. We are all slaves, slaves of the flesh, slaves of ideologies we’d never bring up ourselves but were born in. But slavery exploiting others against their will is most horrible. We are free in Christ, but you are still in this world and not from this world.
How free are christians in Turkey today? They are free when they get everlasting life. When we surrender to Christ we are still in this sinful world. We are reborn here but we will also be actually reborn after we die. Death and disease entered this world. It wont in the next and until then we’re all in sin.

For instance, a man has sinned all his life, he repents, changes his ways and gets sick and dies. His soul was saved but death was still in this world. Death (which might as well equal sin) is not overcome by us but by Christ and when Christ returns is ????.
Oh trust me, I have asked God before, "Why did you save me and then leave me in this God forsaken world??!!!! I want out of here!!! Please hurry up and come get me!!" lol! :giggle:

Well, I'm still here so I figure He has His reasons........I'm born again in Christ - completely saved with His Blood and Body - free from the slavery of sin but, I need to possess my promise land which to me is walking by the Spirit so I do NOT fulfill the lust of the flesh. This is a process and involves renewing my mind like it says in Romans 12:

Romans 12:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I'm not worried about dying because our bodies are seed that will be sown corruptible but raised incorruptible. Hallelujah!!! Resurrection Day is going to be amazing!!!!

Fundamental - just be encouraged and hold on to your faith in Christ! Your Resurrection Day is coming! Look up, your redemption draws nigh! :love:(y)