Does anyone understand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 29, 2012
My last thought for today.
The world in going to h*** in a handbasket. If we want to help make a change, perhaps we would do well to learn how to enter the high praises of GOD, be recharged with HIS Spirit and take that Spirit into the world.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Perhaps this idea would be better phrased "GOD wants us" however HE does not need us.
Lafftur, I heard what you meant.
Interesting. So someone says, "God is lonely," but to you it does not mean, "God is lonely." Ok.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I was saved in Oct 1972 (hence the screen name oldman). In those days breaking through to high praise was normal. I remember one service where a brother sitting right behind me prophesied "Thus saith the lord, The FATHER has heard your praise and has taken in it."
My reaction was. WOW! HE heard us! And our praise actually gave HIM pleasure. almost 50 years later those words are still very real to me.

A few weeks after that in another service we had finished singing a psalm and I raised my hands to praise. I got as far as raising my hands and spoke 'Praise you LORD....." and heard an almost audible voice "why?" Now the word was not harsh or challenging at all. It was the LORD asking what is it about me that you praise? Do you understand what you are saying? Who you are praising?. My response was uh,uh uh and I had to be quiet for a while. "The FATHER searches for those who will worship HIM in spirit and in truth." At that time I did not understand what worship in truth was. He simply wanted me to ,in my heart, to know and understand why I was giving praise.
Another web page you might like:

http://mywebsite.us/ABA/Topics/In_Spirit_And_In_Truth.html

B

Blackpowderduelist

Interesting. So someone says, "God is lonely," but to you it does not mean, "God is lonely." Ok.
And now you know how Bible interpretation is don't around here. It's a sad state of affairs.
We have " God is in need of something that we bring to the table crowd" the "two Jesus" crowd, " the everything in the bible is about me" people, and the judaizers, and apparently now mystics who subscribe to the "imagine God and heaven and good things equates to prayer, or informs prayer" . And everyone wonders why I left evangelicalism.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Other than the title of the book "Hebrews", isn't the very first verse clear in specifying who it is written to?

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways

Who were the forefathers of the gentiles believers?

Was Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea ever speaking to gentiles?
It is a good thing to know everything we can about any bible verse like who God is speaking to, and the culture of the people of the times God is speaking. It helps our understanding. BUT!! We must also know that God gives us scripture (us as in every human) so we may all know Him and take advantage of His offer to save us. If you are a Jew, listen to what God tells the gentiles for it reveals God to you. If you are a gentile, the same thing applies to you.

Jan 12, 2019
It is a good thing to know everything we can about any bible verse like who God is speaking to, and the culture of the people of the times God is speaking. It helps our understanding. BUT!! We must also know that God gives us scripture (us as in every human) so we may all know Him and take advantage of His offer to save us. If you are a Jew, listen to what God tells the gentiles for it reveals God to you. If you are a gentile, the same thing applies to you.
If I am a gentile, I would think Romans 11:13 made it pretty clear who I should get my salvation doctrine from.

Jan 12, 2019
Jan 12, 2019
Hebrews is written to the Christians, in Jerusalem. Christians. We Christians have one gospel.
If I title a book call "Cantonese", do you think it is likely to be written to African Americans?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I understand that it is something about Jesus.

B

Blackpowderduelist

If I title a book call "Cantonese", do you think it is likely to be written to African Americans?
If you write a book to Christian Church in China, are the precepts that pertain to Christianity still relevant to a Christian in Africa? Considering that there is one Jesus and one salvation, and one faith.

Then later some guys were compiling a book of letters to Christians that were the precepts of the faith, and they included that letter.

Jan 12, 2019
If you write a book to Christian Church in China, are the precepts that pertain to Christianity still relevant to a Christian in Africa? Considering that there is one Jesus and one salvation, and one faith.

Then later some guys were compiling a book of letters to Christians that were the precepts of the faith, and they included that letter.
Deuteronomy and Leviticus are relevant for our learning in the Body of Christ, its in the Bible.

But do you think we should take our salvation doctrine from those books?

Mar 4, 2020
If I am a gentile, I would think Romans 11:13 made it pretty clear who I should get my salvation doctrine from.
If you stop there, separating that verse from all context, sure.

If you keep reading to 1 Corinthians 3:4-9 and do what Acts 17:11 says you'll be better off.

Jan 12, 2019
If you stop there, separating that verse from all context, sure.

If you keep reading to 1 Corinthians 3:4-9 and do what Acts 17:11 says you'll be better off.
What if I also use scripture like

Matthew 15:24
Romans 15:8
Acts 22:21.

Would it strengthen my stand? Am I now understanding Romans 11:13 in context?

B

Blackpowderduelist

Deuteronomy and Leviticus are relevant for our learning in the Body of Christ, its in the Bible.

But do you think we should take our salvation doctrine from those books?
Those books are very important to our salvation, they explain who Jesus is and what he did, and what the standards of God are. Just as Jesus quoted the OT , and Paul quoted the OT. I quote the OT all the time. Here is an example; You know the great commandments that Jesus gave, love the Lord with all your heart, mind and, spirit, and love your neighbor as yourself; there are laws that inform us of how to love our neighbors. Example Leviticus 19:9-37 if you read these laws you will know what it means to love your neighbor, even though we are not under the law.
If you can't understand that we have no conversation to discuss.

Jan 12, 2019
Those books are very important to our salvation, they explain who Jesus is and what he did, and what the standards of God are. Just as Jesus quoted the OT , and Paul quoted the OT. I quote the OT all the time. Here is an example; You know the great commandments that Jesus gave, love the Lord with all your heart, mind and, spirit, and love your neighbor as yourself; there are laws that inform us of how to love our neighbors. Example Leviticus 19:9-37 if you read these laws you will know what it means to love your neighbor, even though we are not under the law.
If you can't understand that we have no conversation to discuss.
Yes I understand they are relevant for our learning.

I was asking you, "Should a Christian take their salvation doctrine from those books"? Is your answer a yes or no?

B

Blackpowderduelist

I mean leviticus 19:9-18. Not 37.

Mar 4, 2020
What if I also use scripture like

Matthew 15:24
Romans 15:8
Acts 22:21.

Would it strengthen my stand? Am I now understanding Romans 11:13 in context?
Not really because there's a lot more verses where Jesus spread His initial ministry that was focused solely on Jews to the Gentiles.

If you keep reading past Matthew 15:24 He actually ends up helping the Samaritan woman because of her great faith: Matthew 15:28

Keeping reading past Romans 15:8 to the verse next verse about the Gentiles glorifying God: "For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name."

Isaiah 42:6
Luke 7:1-10
John 4
John 10:16
1 John 2:2