Does God speak to you through certain things?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 6, 2017
For me, God seems to speak to me when I am washing dishes or doing a job around the house. Sometimes he will give me an idea of how I can grow in my relationship with others or sometimes he may convict me of a sin that I have been doing recently. Do you have anything similar to this? Any places or activities that you feel God "speaks" to you?

Have a Blessed weekend! :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
My friend it gives me such joy to find someone who is so in tune with his voice:D Yes he speaks to me through many things even things have seemingly nothing to do with him. For those who have the ears to hear he speaks to his children through anything which is why even at work you can be growing in him. He once spoke to me just from seeing an an ant crawling in the dirt and just from that a very deep analogy was placed in my heart

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
This is great Devin :) !

To me, He speaks constantly and always. Since I was born .
He is my Father , so He is always speaking to me .Even without words and even when I'm not realizing it or thinking about it.
He is a really vigilant and protective Father to me.
(In a positive way!).
I think He is always with me and speaking to me. I think and feel He doesn't want and wouldn't like me to leave Him and I don't want either :) !

And, Thanks. Have a Blessed day as well!

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
In Pokemon Ultra Moon, the game always keeps prompting me to save every time a battle ends, for some reason.

I sometimes feel like it's trying to tell me something...lol.

Feb 7, 2015
God often seems to speak to me through my wife.

Corbinscam

Jul 17, 2016
I call those quiet places. When the world is too loud and it seems overwhelming I have a few places I go and it feels like that.
I think one of the greater issues in our current world is really taking the time to listen both to God and to the people he puts in our lives. There's so much entertain and nonsense to distract from stuff that actually matters. Keep looking for quiet places....when you find people who can quietly share them with you...don't let those people go easily. You won't regret it.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Mainly through dreams or with situations or when i take my time to pray.

J

joefizz

In Pokemon Ultra Moon, the game always keeps prompting me to save every time a battle ends, for some reason.

I sometimes feel like it's trying to tell me something...lol.
I know the feeling at times that gets annoying then other times it comes in handy,just in case a tough battle is coming up or if the game freezes or a power outage occurs.(happened to me plenty on many games and I was like...Nooooooo!)

T

Tinuviel

A lot through the people in my life, both my best friend and my family. I also usually hear from Him in the form of deep convictions of sin or prompts to speak to Him when I've been praying a lot. Of course, I can also expect more persecution and temptation if I have been praying a lot.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
A lot through the people in my life, both my best friend and my family. I also usually hear from Him in the form of deep convictions of sin or prompts to speak to Him when I've been praying a lot. Of course, I can also expect more persecution and temptation if I have been praying a lot.
WHERE WERE YOU AT HUH??! Anyway yea people for me too but mainly through like perfectly timed events lile I'll feel like i need to look a certain word up, it was long-suffering, and i read the definition and stuff no big deal right? Right after i get super impatient with my non saved mom and sister and the word just pops back in my head and I'm convicted so stuff like that happens a lot.

T

Tinuviel

WHERE WERE YOU AT HUH??! Anyway yea people for me too but mainly through like perfectly timed events lile I'll feel like i need to look a certain word up, it was long-suffering, and i read the definition and stuff no big deal right? Right after i get super impatient with my non saved mom and sister and the word just pops back in my head and I'm convicted so stuff like that happens a lot.
I've been stalking the CC forums ;). Still here, still looking in on people, still praying, just not posting.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I've been stalking the CC forums ;). Still here, still looking in on people, still praying, just not posting.
I thought you left ;.; But at least you didn't leave so I'll give you a pass you can continue to lurk cx

T

Tinuviel

I thought you left ;.; But at least you didn't leave so I'll give you a pass you can continue to lurk cx
Shucks. Why'd ya have to do a thing like that? Lurking won't be near so fun with permission :p

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Shucks. Why'd ya have to do a thing like that? Lurking won't be near so fun with permission :p
I guess i totally ruined your fun then sucks for you maybe you'll post more so either way ig i win

T

Tinuviel

I guess i totally ruined your fun then sucks for you maybe you'll post more so either way ig i win
Nothing doing. The only thing you've done is convinced me not to lurk. Goodbye.

(kidding)

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
He speaks to me through my conscience always- no matter where I am or what I’m doing. He’s like my Jiminy cricket that is always with me.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
For me, God seems to speak to me when I am washing dishes or doing a job around the house. Sometimes he will give me an idea of how I can grow in my relationship with others or sometimes he may convict me of a sin that I have been doing recently. Do you have anything similar to this? Any places or activities that you feel God "speaks" to you?

Have a Blessed weekend! :)
God can speak to you in 2 ways:

1) Through your conscience

Romans 2:15 They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness; and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them

This is the one who tells you such as it is bad to steal, kill, persecute or do anything wrong against any people etc.

2) Through the Bible which contains some of his words and teachings

Since I am a Catholic, St. Augustine read the Romans 13:14 in order to change his carnal life.