Does Ilhan Omar's "anti-Semitism" pose a grave danger to Democrats?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

You "supporters: are doing precisely that. Trying to claim bits of a covenant that has long passed away.

Isa 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:
you mean supporters of scripture because that is what we are considering

of course you do have your tag team going on if that is the sort of thing you want to take note of

you are a full preterist

it would be downright foolish for anyone to expect you to take any stance but the one you have

everything you read in scripture is interpreted through the broken lens of full preterism

Jesus already came back according to you, even though most of us know He has not

including one verse from scripture is ridiculous. almosy the entire OT is about God and Israel

can a mother forget her sucking child? that's in there too

the Bible says they will look upon the one they pierced...and be grieved

so with all the hahas and laughing faces I would suggest you are both laughing at yourself since you do not seem to have an accurate view of things and overwork your little noggins trying to figure out what is going to happen when scritpure has already told us

7seasrekeyed

we should remember that locutus is a full blown full preterist

so he thinks the rest of us are fools because we do not think Jesus has come back yet

so I guess we should excuse him for his inability to comprehend what scripture actually states and leave the judgment up to God

I don't pretend to understand why some people believe that the Bible is already a closed book

but it does explain why some of the answers and viewpoints about world events are so whacked out

I also believe that all the laughing faces he and UG like to remark on a post with are symptoms of the desire to make fun of what they consider ignorance..they are also there to try and irritate people who actually give decent answers from scripture and other sources. it's childish

if someone is a preterist, they see much of the Bible as metaphor and mock anyone who sees it differently

so whatever.

7seasrekeyed

Just for the record I do not support Omar, I believe her to be controlled opposition, riling up the masses, deflecting attention and creating a false racist narrative.

If you disagree I am okay with that, I think though I have done enough research/study on the political playbook to know how it works.
I believe her to be a Christ hating Muslim who also and by default hates Jews

it doesn't matter what research you have done if you do not have the actual spiritual understanding of world events

she isn't riling up the masses. she's a puppet. the racist narrative is not false.

perhaps more research?

U

UnderGrace

When the scientist dispute what has been discovered then it may be worth noting

Abstract

Like Judaism, mitochondrial DNA is passed along the maternal line. Its variation in the Ashkenazim is highly distinctive, with four major and numerous minor founders. However, due to their rarity in the general population, these founders have been difficult to trace to a source. Here we show that all four major founders, ~40% of Ashkenazi mtDNA variation, have ancestry in prehistoric Europe, rather than the Near East or Caucasus. Furthermore, most of the remaining minor founders share a similar deep European ancestry. Thus the great majority of Ashkenazi maternal lineages were not brought from the Levant, as commonly supposed, nor recruited in the Caucasus, as sometimes suggested, but assimilated within Europe. These results point to a significant role for the conversion of women in the formation of Ashkenazi communities, and provide the foundation for a detailed reconstruction of Ashkenazi genealogical history.

Published in Popular Genetics

The DNA that tightly links Ashkenazi, Sephardi and Mizrahi, three prominent culturally and geographically distinct Jewish groups, could be used to support Zionist territorial claims — except, as Ostrer points out, some of the same markers can be found in Palestinians, our distant genetic cousins, as well. Palestinians, understandably, want their own right of return.

A bit of a quandry??

"Yet in spite of this (Israel's disobedience), when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them, nor will I so abhor them as to destroy them, breaking My covenant with them; for I am the Lord their God. But I will remember for them the covenant with their ancestors" - which includes the Land of Israel (Leviticus 26:44-45).

"So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you,and you call them to mind in all nations where the Lord your God has banished you, and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, then the Lord your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the people where the Lord your God has scattered you. If your outcasts are at the ends of the Earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. And the Lord your God will bring you into the Land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it."

Debunked

https://forward.com/opinion/382967/ashkenazi-jews-are-not-khazars-heres-the-proof/

https://forward.com/news/breaking-n...zi-jews-they-could-be-descended-from-khazars/

7seasrekeyed

preterists teach that God has divorced and replaced Israel with the Gentile church and Israel is now of no more concern to God then

locutus is a full or hyper preterist, meaning he believes there is no more prophecy to be fulfilled so he is not interested in what the Bible may teach concerning the current world systems or future events, because to him, there is nothing left to happen. and he has debated this viewpoint many times in the forums so I think it is good to remember it because it alters how a person views the Bible and what they believe about it

imagine how a person's view of Christ, God, the Holy Spirit and the Bible in general would change if they viewed everything as past tense

no tribulation, no anti-Christ, no second coming and Revelation does not even pertain to anything so don't bother with it

what would that person be left with?

well, it's become evident that what a person with no Bible to consult is left with, are the journalists, reporters and news articles written, for the most part, by atheists, leftists and in support of spreading lies, false reports and mocking both truth and God most if not all the time

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
so he thinks the rest of us are fools because we do not think Jesus has come back yet
I don't think dispensationalists are fools, and I've never stated they are fools - fooled yes.

You get bent all out of shape (you are not alone) when your theological understanding is challenged.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
We need to love Israel, as God does. Yes He loves us all who believe, but Israel is key in His prophesies and will stand forever.
We are heading toward the Rapture, the groundwork is being laid. The mark of the beast hasn't happened on earth nor the anti-Christ, who Rabbis say will b of a diff nature.

7seasrekeyed

Abstract

Like Judaism, mitochondrial DNA is passed along the maternal line. Its variation in the Ashkenazim is highly distinctive, with four major and numerous minor founders. However, due to their rarity in the general population, these founders have been difficult to trace to a source. Here we show that all four major founders, ~40% of Ashkenazi mtDNA variation, have ancestry in prehistoric Europe, rather than the Near East or Caucasus. Furthermore, most of the remaining minor founders share a similar deep European ancestry. Thus the great majority of Ashkenazi maternal lineages were not brought from the Levant, as commonly supposed, nor recruited in the Caucasus, as sometimes suggested, but assimilated within Europe. These results point to a significant role for the conversion of women in the formation of Ashkenazi communities, and provide the foundation for a detailed reconstruction of Ashkenazi genealogical history.

The DNA that tightly links Ashkenazi, Sephardi and Mizrahi, three prominent culturally and geographically distinct Jewish groups, could be used to support Zionist territorial claims — except, as Ostrer points out, some of the same markers can be found in Palestinians, our distant genetic cousins, as well. Palestinians, understandably, want their own right of return.

A bit of a quandry??

it really depends on what you read and what you believe

I can post countless articles that debunk, refute and disagree with your 'experts'

like this one:

New study finds no evidence that Ashkenazi Jews are the descendants of Khazars, or that subjects in the medieval kingdom converted to Judaism en masse.

The claim that today’s Ashkenazi Jews are descended from Khazars who converted in the Middle Ages is a myth, according to new research by a Hebrew University historian.

There is an accusation circulating widely these days that the Jewish people are not really indigenous to Israel, but are actually white Europeans, descendants of an Eastern European people group called the Khazars, who have no business being in the Middle East.
Unsurprisingly, these ideas are very popular among anti-Semites but they have even caught on in some Christian circles, suggesting that the Jewish people are unrelated to the ancient Israelites, and have no real history in Israel or connection to the land.

Koestler was a writer and an intellectual with interests in Zionism and history, among other things, who brought forward a theory which he felt would change the way the world interacted with the Jews, but ironically, it was anti-Semites who alighted upon his theory with glee. The Saudi Arabian delegate to the United Nations claimed that the theory presented in Koestler’s book “negated Israel’s right to exist”, and neo-Nazi magazine The Thunderbolt declared it “the political bombshell of the century”.

His book does indeed contain many historical facts, but was not well accepted among scholars. Anne Applebaum in The New York Review Of Books[2] concludes after reading a biography, “He understood the term “intellectual” in a much broader sense than we do today, and felt comfortable ranging over a huge number of fields in which he had no professional expertise whatsoever”

and countless more that anyone can google and find

seems it might just be what a person actually wishes to promote would be what they link to

U

UnderGrace

I believe her to be a Christ hating Muslim who also and by default hates Jews

it doesn't matter what research you have done if you do not have the actual spiritual understanding of world events

she isn't riling up the masses. she's a puppet. the racist narrative is not false.

perhaps more research?
The racist narrative is not false, she is a puppet, but she is serving a larger purpose...but as long as you only see this dichotomy of Muslim versus Israel you will not see it.

The people who need to research are the people who have been duped by people like Hagee who believe they can usher in the Rapture by establishing Israel as the supreme ruler of the Middle East.

They are literally calling for war (bloodshed) for a false end time view at the expense of many would who still have not heard the Gospel, these religious prophets (profits) LaHaye, Hagee, Hagin, Copeland and all the people surrounding Trump are ready to sacrifice the lives of non - Jews, including you and me for their twisted theology.

So yes study the scripture, it makes it clear, Israel in the new covenant is Jesus, not a piece of coveted land, and not the unbelieving which it inhabit it.

We are not grafted into a nation, we are grafted into a person, Jesus.

Believe and argue as you will....just don't be snarky about it.:)

7seasrekeyed

I just view the "rage" or shrill as the christian despora.

there is no rage

there is just the fact that you are a self described hyper preterist and all you post contains that belief

it is not a Christian belief so of course you become upset when YOUR beliefs are brought to attention

K

kaylagrl

Abstract

A bit of a quandry??

Nope,already posted on that. Debunked.

K

kaylagrl

preterists teach that God has divorced and replaced Israel with the Gentile church and Israel is now of no more concern to God then

locutus is a full or hyper preterist, meaning he believes there is no more prophecy to be fulfilled so he is not interested in what the Bible may teach concerning the current world systems or future events, because to him, there is nothing left to happen. and he has debated this viewpoint many times in the forums so I think it is good to remember it because it alters how a person views the Bible and what they believe about it

imagine how a person's view of Christ, God, the Holy Spirit and the Bible in general would change if they viewed everything as past tense

no tribulation, no anti-Christ, no second coming and Revelation does not even pertain to anything so don't bother with it

what would that person be left with?

well, it's become evident that what a person with no Bible to consult is left with, are the journalists, reporters and news articles written, for the most part, by atheists, leftists and in support of spreading lies, false reports and mocking both truth and God most if not all the time
So we're ripping up the OT, Romans 9 and 11. Anything else?? smh Like I said replacement theology is false doctrine.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Prof. Shaul Stampfer is the Rabbi Edward Sandrow Professor of Soviet and East European Jewry, in the department of the History of the Jewish People at the Hebrew University's Mandel Institute of Jewish Studies.

To say a "study" by a history proffessor is comparable with genetic research is somewhat bogus.

7seasrekeyed

The racist narrative is not false, she is a puppet, but she is serving a larger purpose...but as long as you only see this dichotomy of Muslim versus Israel you will not see it.

The people who need to research are the people who have been duped by people like Hagee who believe they can usher in the Rapture by establishing Israel as the supreme ruler of the Middle East.

They are literally calling for war (bloodshed) for a false end time view at the expense of many would who still have not heard the Gospel, these religious prophets (profits) LaHaye, Hagee, Hagin, Copeland and all the people surrounding Trump are ready to sacrifice the lives of non - Jews, including you and me for their twisted theology.

So yes study the scripture, it makes it clear, Israel in the new covenant is Jesus, not a piece of coveted land, and not the unbelieving which it inhabit it.

said the queen of snark LOL!

we are grafted into Christ ... so why would we have to be grafted if there is no more Jewish tree to be grafted into?

you said the racist narrative was false...I said it wasn't. it's a real as they come but the source for it is SPIRITUAL and not human bias

who on earth said anyone was grafted into a nation?

I don't know anyone who says that and if that is your interpretation, you are wrong about that also

honestly, y'all have a bad understanding of biblical history

are you preterist also? answer...don't answer...but that certainly changes how a person views scripture and certainly Jews

U

UnderGrace

Information, misinformation, disinformation, damage control....takes years to sift through it all.

it really depends on what you read and what you believe

I can post countless articles that debunk, refute and disagree with your 'experts'

like this one:

New study finds no evidence that Ashkenazi Jews are the descendants of Khazars, or that subjects in the medieval kingdom converted to Judaism en masse.

The claim that today’s Ashkenazi Jews are descended from Khazars who converted in the Middle Ages is a myth, according to new research by a Hebrew University historian.

There is an accusation circulating widely these days that the Jewish people are not really indigenous to Israel, but are actually white Europeans, descendants of an Eastern European people group called the Khazars, who have no business being in the Middle East.
Unsurprisingly, these ideas are very popular among anti-Semites but they have even caught on in some Christian circles, suggesting that the Jewish people are unrelated to the ancient Israelites, and have no real history in Israel or connection to the land.

Koestler was a writer and an intellectual with interests in Zionism and history, among other things, who brought forward a theory which he felt would change the way the world interacted with the Jews, but ironically, it was anti-Semites who alighted upon his theory with glee. The Saudi Arabian delegate to the United Nations claimed that the theory presented in Koestler’s book “negated Israel’s right to exist”, and neo-Nazi magazine The Thunderbolt declared it “the political bombshell of the century”.

His book does indeed contain many historical facts, but was not well accepted among scholars. Anne Applebaum in The New York Review Of Books[2] concludes after reading a biography, “He understood the term “intellectual” in a much broader sense than we do today, and felt comfortable ranging over a huge number of fields in which he had no professional expertise whatsoever”

and countless more that anyone can google and find

seems it might just be what a person actually wishes to promote would be what they link to

7seasrekeyed

So we're ripping up the OT, Romans 9 and 11. Anything else?? smh Like I said replacement theology is false doctrine.
exactly

replacement theology

but hyper preterists take that to the nth degree

as you can see from the posts, not only do they think God is done with all Jews they also believe there are NO MORE Jews

K

kaylagrl

Can't speak to the other ones, Hagees belief is based on the Bible 100% Never heard him call for war or bloodshed but we know that will happen in the end. You are ignoring Romans completely. Did you just rip it out of your Bible? Israel is Israel. Bible is clear.