Does Ilhan Omar's "anti-Semitism" pose a grave danger to Democrats?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
The series 'Against All Odds: In Search of a Miracle' by M Greenspan, reveals God's involvement in present day Israel to save it. Beautiful account of God's Divine Intervention as well as exciting . Free series on YT, fyi.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
It is in context and clear as a bell. Salvation to the Jews first we are grafted in. Jews did not believe, they are blinded until the Gentiles come in. A remnant will be saved.
You are transferring Paul's statements 2000 years into the future which is out of context.

Paul stated:

Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Only a remnant was to be saved, when Paul states all Israel will be saved he's speaking of all the remnant otherwise you have him contradicting himself.

The short work was over and done with in the 1st century AD.

K

kaylagrl

You are transferring Paul's statements 2000 years into the future which is out of context.

Paul stated:

Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Only a remnant was to be saved, when Paul states all Israel will be saved he's speaking of all the remnant otherwise you have him contradicting himself.

The short work was over and done with in the 1st century AD.

Awww come on,not this bunk again. Jesus has already returned. Give me a break with that. How could anyone believe so many false doctrines at one time?! I think you've pulled off quite a feat. smh

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Awww come on,not this bunk again. Jesus has already returned. Give me a break with that. How could anyone believe so many false doctrines at one time?! I think you've pulled off quite a feat. smh
Not false doctrines - look at the book of revelation, there is no indication of an "all Israel shall be saved" there is only the remnant - 144,000, 12,000 of each tribe saved.

And we have James writing his letter to them:

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Peter writes to the same diaspora:

1 Pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Zech 13:8-9 At the end only 1/3 Jews will survive, in Israel, and they will then accept the Messiah as their Lord. The Battle of Armageddon at the end is all about Israel. The enemy won't give up though, trying to destroy Israel, til the Lord returns.

7seasrekeyed

Where have I said I have no use for the book of revelation?

I've posted from it and about it many times in this forum.

It's the dispensationalists that don't understand it.

LOL!

you have no use for yesterday's news and you have said so yourself

yes you have posted about it...and said everything in it has already happened

hyper preterism default position

not biblical

just your every day heresy

7seasrekeyed

Never said there are no more Jews.
you just wrote them all off with your genetics abra cadabra

they are all converted Europeans

so what you are saying is all the current Jews are make believe and not from the original gene pool

however, those studies are being and have been debuked as already stated

so while you say you have not said there are no more Jews, you skirt around the fact you have also said otherwise

and knowing it

7seasrekeyed

Quoting Paul is one thing - understanding what he's saying is another - the "common" understanding promoted by most theologies is in error and used out of context to the time Paul was writing.
typical preterist belief

wrong

that is heresy

used out of context to the time...that is ironic considering what you believe

maybe it's just metaphor

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Zech 13:8-9 At the end only 1/3 Jews will survive, in Israel, and they will then accept the Messiah as their Lord. The Battle of Armageddon at the end is all about Israel. The enemy won't give up though, trying to destroy Israel, til the Lord returns.
You have to consider the whole context:

Zec 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Zec 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

The living waters have been flowing since Pentecost - so this place the events "1/3" surviving the war and destruction of Jerusalem in 1st century AD

The "smiting of the shepherd" is quoted by Jesus:

Mat 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

There is no justification for transporting Zech 13 and 14 2000 years past the 1st century AD.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
so what you are saying is all the current Jews are make believe and not from the original gene pool
Could be some from the original, Jews are followers of a corrupt Judiaism which has very little resemblance to the religion of 1st century Israel.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Where did Ms. Guided go?

Back to unpacking boxes?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
You have to consider the whole context:

Zec 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Zec 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

The living waters have been flowing since Pentecost - so this place the events "1/3" surviving the war and destruction of Jerusalem in 1st century AD

The "smiting of the shepherd" is quoted by Jesus:

Mat 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

There is no justification for transporting Zech 13 and 14 2000 years past the 1st century AD.
The battle of Armageddon is at the end, where 1/3 of Jews will b standing in Israel. Rev 19 regarding the battle showing the angels in prep for this final battle, is at the end, when the lord returns.
I don't understand what the debate is. Jesus already came back....Israel will b destroyed?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The book of revelation is about the destruction of the great city 1st century AD Jerusalem. Until you get that clear your understanding John's revelation will be off.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

John does not change the identity of the great city until Rev 21:10 where he sees the new great city.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Jerusalem/Israel
The book of revelation is about the destruction of the great city 1st century AD Jerusalem. Until you get that clear your understanding John's revelation will be off.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

John does not change the identity of the great city until Rev 21:10 where he sees the new great city.

If you're saying Israel will b defeated, I disagree. They will barely survive the Battle of Armageddon, which has not happened yet. In this battle, most nations will fight against her, but as in current wars, God's hand will help them survive.
Many times odds were against Israel and God helped them every time.
Refer to Zech 14, clearly this has not happened yet.
Zech 14:1 'The Day of the Lord=God's wrath, where Jerusalem will b taken, then the Lord comes to the rescue, 14:3.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Quoting Paul is one thing - understanding what he's saying is another - the "common" understanding promoted by most theologies is in error and used out of context to the time Paul was writing.
Your understanding of many things biblical is questionable.
If I were you, I would stop posting here for about a year, and do some serious fasting and prayer. Maybe get in with a group that has discernment. Study the word with the Holy Spirit as guide and counselor.
All you are doing here is displaying your ignorance for the whole world to see.
Your heart may be in the right place, i dont know nor question that.
Yet just judging by all the time you devote to these boards, it seems to me something is off. Unless you dont sleep or work; and that's not to healthy either, if that is the case.