Does Real Prophet Charger Money For A Prophecy Word On Fiverr etc? (I paid $40 for a prophecy)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Star8585

Mar 7, 2022
What if a prophet charger you money for a word? Are they still prophet? I remember going on websites like Fiverr to pay $5-$40 word but I just realized something is wrong with that that. Why will a real Prophet charger for the word? I feel like failed God by going on websites like Fiverr etc.

I paid for a prophecy about my life on Fiverr which it cost $40. I did out of vulnerability at the time and now I regret it. They were accurate, but I don't think it was from God. I don't think God will tell a real prophet to go on Fiverr to give a word in exchange for money.

For example....

Screenshot_20220306-201528.png

O

Oblio

Many view God as a "get rich quick" scheme and there are movements and doctrine that will tell you that all you have to do to get rich is give God money, and since He isn't available to collect, they'll help Him be taking your donation. Doh!
Many get taken. Don't worry about it, just learn from it and move on.
I believe that 2 Corinthians chs 8 and 9 tell about giving. You'll notice it doesn't mention tithing, though many people do.

Star8585

Mar 7, 2022
Many view God as a "get rich quick" scheme and there are movements and doctrine that will tell you that all you have to do to get rich is give God money, and since He isn't available to collect, they'll help Him be taking your donation. Doh!
Many get taken. Don't worry about it, just learn from it and move on.
I believe that 2 Corinthians chs 8 and 9 tell about giving. You'll notice it doesn't mention tithing, though many people do.
Lmao. I was one of those type of people giving money to a prophet to hear the word about my love life. I was out of order. I am still a babe in Christ.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
What if a prophet charger you money for a word? Are they still prophet? I remember going on websites like Fiverr to pay $5-$40 word but I just realized something is wrong with that that. Why will a real Prophet charger for the word? I feel like failed God by going on websites like Fiverr etc.

I paid for a prophecy about my life on Fiverr which it cost $40. I did out of vulnerability at the time and now I regret it. They were accurate, but I don't think it was from God. I don't think God will tell a real prophet to go on Fiverr to give a word in exchange for money.

For example....

View attachment 237381
When you treat prophecy like an on demand fortune telling service, it only makes sense you'll get duped.
It's funny to think people believe prophecy happens when they want it to. Must be nice to believe that all you have to do is snap your fingers and God will run to your call for a 'word' over your life.
Prophecy how it''s viewed anymore, like all other forms of fortune telling, seem accurate because things are so vague it's easy to apply your life to what's said. And since a person Wants to believe its true they'll find a way to make it fit for their own life.
A message from God isn't something you can fit your life around to make it work (or the 1000 others that got the same prophecy), it should reflect your life and be tailored to you.
Also, that prophet should not have even One wrong prophecy, if he does, he's false. And how can you prove that getting prophecies from complete strangers?
Things like this are one of the many reasons i left behind charismatic churches and teachings when i was young.

"Scratch your temple
So deep it's simple
Silly us, ignore the plain
We prefer a riddle
Dying to see a miracle
While holding God's diary
Looking for signs "
Beautiful Eulogy - Symbols and Signs

R

RichMan

Any time a person claims they are a prophet, just walk away.
It is a scam.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

For example....

View attachment 237381
What you heard was not from God and a waste of money. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

O

Oblio

The Lord love us...in spite of ourselves!

Star8585

Mar 7, 2022
What you heard was not from God and a waste of money. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.
Thank you. I am happy to be here. I am starting to believe it wasn't from God either.

O

Oblio

Oh yeah, Star8585...welcome to Christian Chat! :)

jb

Feb 27, 2010

For example....

View attachment 237381
As already said, a true prophet won't go around vaunting his ministry as a prophet, and will NEVER offer one for money, indeed, such a practice is evil and God will deal with such a person! 2Peter 2v1-3...

We all make mistakes when we are young in the Christian faith, but God is RICH in His Love, Grace and Mercy towards us, so don't beat yourself up over it, learn, and move on.

You can find a bit of a study Here on seeking and receiving guidance from God...

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
You might as well burn your money friend, or flip a coin.

Deu_18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

2Ki_17:17 And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Jer_14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Star8585

Mar 7, 2022
You might as well burn your money friend, or flip a coin.

Deu_18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

2Ki_17:17 And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Jer_14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.
This is a wake up call to me

Star8585

Mar 7, 2022
As already said, a true prophet won't go around vaunting his ministry as a prophet, and will NEVER offer one for money, indeed, such a practice is evil and God will deal with such a person! 2Peter 2v1-3...

We all make mistakes when we are young in the Christian faith, but God is RICH in His Love, Grace and Mercy towards us, so don't beat yourself up over it, learn, and move on.

You can find a bit of a study Here on seeking and receiving guidance from God...
So agree with this

O

Oblio

I was at a meeting back in the 90s where people were given personal prophecies. I was given one, though it never came to pass.
There was a week about 15 years ago where I was asking the lord 4 specific questions, though I never mentioned them to anyone. Later that week I went to a church known for it's renewal meetings. I was not looking for answers.
After the service, I went for prayer. A young man came and stood in front of me. One at a time, he gave me specific answers to each issue without even knowing the questions. God did that.
I believe the gift of prophecy is real, and I believe there are counterfeits.

Mar 4, 2020

For example....

View attachment 237381
there’s good basis that those with spiritual gifts should neither charge money for a service nor should individuals attempt to purchase those services. I guess you probably had good intentions, but is it possible that purchasing a prophecy is a sin?

Star8585

Mar 7, 2022
there’s good basis that those with spiritual gifts should neither charge money for a service nor should individuals attempt to purchase those services. I guess you probably had good intentions, but is it possible that purchasing a prophecy is a sin?
I don't know it is sin or not. But it wrong to be charging for the word.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The real problem is the whole idea of personal prophecies. This is no different than astrologers or psychics. A person seeking a personal prophecy is looking for information about their future. However, Jesus taught us to not worry about the future, only seek His righteousness and God will take care of us. Shysters know all too well that people naturally want to know their future. They will be more than happy to supply it . . . for a price.