Does Satan own all the kingdoms of the world?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
If in Mathew 4 verses 8-10, Satan offered all the kingdoms to Jesus on condition that he worship him, I need a point cleared up.
One can only offer what one owns. So is Satan the owner? If so, why so?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
If in Mathew 4 verses 8-10, Satan offered all the kingdoms to Jesus on condition that he worship him, I need a point cleared up.
Yes. God gave sole authority over the earth to Adam and Eve. They gave that authority to Satan. Satan controls the world - 1 John 5:19
The world (as in the system, not the physical earth) was formed by Satan with the (mostly) unwitting cooperation of humanity.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
Interesting.

To my mind, it was an indirect process. By sinning, led astray by the serpent, the first couple left themselves and so all of us to come, open to the Devil. God withdrew His protection, leaving mankind to choose good or evil.

If that had not happened, how would things have proceeded? Would we all be living in Eden, in a perfect life? It would logically only be possible if humans never questioned God but obeyed Him completely. Yet that would mean we have no real mind of our own. Would God want us to be like that?
It makes me think why God created us.

Just my ramblings on the subject!

Aug 27, 2023
People offer things they do not own... it's called theft, fraud, and conning... to name a few.
I thought about the same thing.. I always here people referencing “ sold his or her soul to the devil”
Ezekiel 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I thought about the same thing.. I always here people referencing “ sold his or her soul to the devil”
Ezekiel 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:4 plus 32
:)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Keep in mind, if Satan owns the world, his legacy is ashes.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
No. Satan is not "the owner". But he is the usurper and by default he has taken control of the kingdoms of this world. It is because the kingdoms of the world rejected God and went after false gods. There was not a single civilization that did not reject idolatry, starting at the tower of Babel. Even Israel, which had every reason to reject idolatry, went along with it.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
It simply means He has great influence over them. This is a temporary situation allowed by God. At the end of the Church age, He will take back what He bought and paid for 2000 years ago. You might think of Satan as a squatter who will be booted out soon.

Revelation 11:
15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
You think there is any truth at all in the devil? fact is the world is his only by usurpation, he tricked the man. The earth and it's fulness belongs solely to the Lord.

Fact is he is no longer ruler. Jesus our Lord has crushed his head and destroyed his power. Jesus has won back what was lost in Eden and is now King of kings and Lord of lords. We enter into Jesu's victory by faith working by love.

Faith for this victory can only come by hearing and hearing comes by the word of God the good news.

The devil is in a TERRIBLE dilemma

His dilemma is that God's good news is so wonderful in setting us free, providing for all our needs what-so-ever those needs may be the devil's only policy which he has been thrown into against his will is to COUNTERFEIT God's blessings.

The devil must release the world's resources when people turn to the Lord. The only thing he can do is to stir up wicked greedy men to grab control and power ... but first he must distract the church.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Interesting.

To my mind, it was an indirect process. By sinning, led astray by the serpent, the first couple left themselves and so all of us to come, open to the Devil. God withdrew His protection, leaving mankind to choose good or evil.

If that had not happened, how would things have proceeded? Would we all be living in Eden, in a perfect life? It would logically only be possible if humans never questioned God but obeyed Him completely. Yet that would mean we have no real mind of our own. Would God want us to be like that?

Yes, you are correct. God wanted us to choose to love Him, therefore He allowed things to be set up for a choice to be made.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Interesting.

Hi MaryM, you don't post nearly enough.:)

"... we would have no real mind of our own "

But we are to have the mind of christ, don't we want the mind of Christ?

I have never believed "human freewill" to me man is not made to have freewill. Not as a puppet but as an extension of very God Himself. We are His living temple wherein He lives and has His being. Christ IN US the hope of glory.

If it were a man seeking to impose such a hold on us we would fight tooth and nail, even if it were a good man. But it's God who made us and made us to that purpose. Not to control us but to dwell in us.

This to me is FREEDOM as oppose to freewill. Freedom to be who we are supposed to be.

To choose "freewill" was man's rebellion. "they have turned everyone to his own way"

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Keep in mind, if Satan owns the world, his legacy is ashes.
Here, I have stressed just how much this world and this age are of importance to the Maker of all, for it will be renewed, and the old will pas with a loud noise and be rendered to ashes. So even if this creation were of Satan, which it is not, it has no value whatsoever. Yes, the enemy has been giv en power but nothing eternal.
We praise God because He is worthy, amen.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Deu 10:14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD'S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

Psa 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

God owns the world as well as all things.

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

But Satan manipulates governments as well as individuals, but manipulating a government means more people deceived by way of the governments operation which is on a bigger scale.

The new age movement will eventually be the standard religion with all religions interpreted by them which they follow Lucifer believing he gave mankind intelligence, and is a god, and an alien, that will help people have peace on earth, and advance, and evolve to be spiritual, and a god, along with the New Age Christ.

They do not believe Lucifer is a fallen angel because they do not believe in a God, and they interpret the Bible according to the occult and evolution as well as all religions.

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

5 kings have fallen Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece.

One is at the time John wrote Revelation, the Roman Empire.

One is to come which is the 10 horn kingdom which is the world split in to 10 sections with a leader in each section which will continue a short space which is three and one half years.

Which the Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts them down, which the 10 horns come from the Roman Empire, and the New Age Christ comes from the 10 horns, which he will be a Caucasian man.

Which the Bible says they will devour the whole earth, and tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Which they will accomplish this by the new age movement which is a Caucasian led plan as they convince the world to come together as one to work for peace on earth, and that they are evolving to be spiritual, and a god, and there is no God.

The eighth king is of the 7 kings for the devil influenced those kingdoms.

So the devil influences kingdoms, and is the god of this world.

The truth is the only nation that ever did right with God without faltering is Israel when they were in the truth, and no other religion was practiced, and they did not marry people of other nations so they would not be carried away with their ways.

No other nation did it perfect before God which Babylon acknowledged the God of Israel as the greatest God of the gods, but they were still heathens that believed in other gods, and was in to the occult, human religion.

The same with America that allows fleshy pleasures galore, and worldly entertainment a plenty.

And has produced the most selfish, and self exalting people in the history of mankind.

Who fight with each other more than any other nation and the internet is ground zero.

They allow all religions to be practiced there including Satanism, the occult, and the new age movement that shall deceive the world.

So all nations have been influenced by Satan.

The beast has 7 heads, the 7 kingdoms, and 10 horns the physical dominion of the beast.

In Revelation chapter 12 the crowns are on the heads which is Satan in the spiritual realm deceiving people.

In chapter 13 the crowns are on the horns which is Satan in the natural realm deceiving people as the New Age Christ.

Dan 4:32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.
Dan 4:33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.
Dan 4:34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
Dan 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

But although Satan manipulates nations, and kingdoms, they cannot operate unless God allows it.

No nation did it perfect in God's ways except for Israel, but some nations have acknowledged the God of Israel and were blessed even though they were not perfect in God's ways.

Babylon was referred to as gold, and better than America, which the 10 horn kingdom shall mingle themselves with the seed of men, but they shall not cleave unto one another even as iron(Roman Empire) is not mixed with clay, which started with America, and they are trying to establish the new age movement in the world.

Which the United Nations supports new age organizations.

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
Could the devil possibly be lying?

Bruce_Leiter

Feb 17, 2023
Your reasoning is faulty. What if Satan was lying to Jesus? Satan was telling a half-truth. God owns all things. The Bible is clear on that point. However, he allows Satan to be influential and controlling in the countries of the world, because every human is conceived in the womb with Satan's control and dead in sin (Ephesians 2:1-3). Those whom God saves, he makes alive by grace through faith (2:4-9). The governments of the earth are creations of humans and therefore far from perfect (the Babylon and beasts of Revelation), but 'God influences them at times through believers. That's the way I see it based on the Scriptures.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020

The records that speak to the temptations are in:

Mar 1:12 &13

Mat 4:1-10

Luk 4:1-13

Mark sets the time line of the 40 days.... Jesus was driven into the wilderness immediately after being baptized by John.

The Greek word translated world in Luk 4:5 is oikoumenē meaning the “inhabited world” rather than the physical world.

Adam originally had dominion over all of the earth but by his disobedience (as others have stated) he (Adam) transferred that dominion to the devil. {Luk 4:6}

Bothe the gospels of Matthew and Luke are clear …..that the devil did not approach Jesus Christ directly until the end of the 40 days …On the other hand Mar 1:13 states that Jesus was in the wilderness 40 days, tempted of Satan. The title Satan is often used biblically in the context of the adversary’s manipulation of situations and the environment to influence people indirectly as opposed to the title Devil which is generally used in the context of direct dealings with others.

These records show us that Jesus was not only directly tempted by the devil after the 40 days, but was indirectly influence throughout the 40 days by Satan’s manipulation. …possibly - environment wildlife etc.

According to Luk 4:5-12 ….The second temptation involved the devils offer of the kingdoms of the world in exchange for worship….. and the third was the devils challenge to Jesus to cast himself down from the pinnacle of the temple….. but Mat 4:5-10 reverses the order of those two temptations …

There are some other differences in the two records which “might” indicate that the devil made a second offer to the kingdoms of the world …in exchange for worship

According to Luke….. the devil showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world = oikoumenē meaning “inhabited world” ….but in Mat 4:8 the Greek word used for world is → kosmos meaning “physically ordered world”….. However, the Greek word kosmos was sometimes used by the figure of speech “metonymy”in the Word to refer to the people living in the world.

So it is possible that either both of these records refer to the same temptation, ~or ~ that the devil offered Jesus the authority over the people in the kingdoms of the world according to Luk 4:5-8 and that he later offered Jesus the glory of the kingdoms of the physically ordered world according to Mat 4:8-10. The latter might seem especially plausible ….. since in Luke it was the second recorded temptation while in Matthew it was the last recorded temptation. The record in Matthew also says AGAIN “The devil take it him up to an exceeding high mountain” perhaps implying that it was a higher mountain than previous temptation had been”

If that is the case….. then these records display at least four temptations 1.) Hunger 2.)authority over the people of the world. 3.) regarding Gods care if Jesus threw himself down 4.) regarding authority over the physically ordered world…

However…. the differences between Matthew and Luke do not contradict each other except in the order of the temptations. ….. And records in Matthew are not always in chronological order …..so we could conclude that Jesus was tempted directly by the devil with regard to at least three subjects in this occasion…. which was at the end of the 40 days in the wilderness.

I am not stating one way or the or the other …. Just covering options.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
At the second coming, the kingdoms of this world will become under the control of the King of kings, Jesus. For now, the kingdoms belong to Satan, the god of this world, the ruler of the darkness of this world. The world we live in is dark.

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.