Does the Bible took place on this earth or another planet like mars?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
What earth is the bible refering to?
Can be any planet in the universe that was capable of sustaning a form a life.
Isaiah 66:22 uses the same root for "new" as Psalm 103:5 "...so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
That is indeed a good point...

{21:23} And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.

That completely invalidates my idea.... We have a sun and moon at this moment.
Because we have no 'need' for the sun nor moon, that doesn't necessitate that they aren't going to exist. Isaiah 60:20 says that, "Your sun will no longer set, and your moon will not wane; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and the days of your sorrow will cease." and Isaiah 66:23 the Lord speaks of " from new moon to new moon and from sabbath to sabbath all mankind will come to worship before Me, says the Lord."

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I would like to (seriously) discuss the topic “Revelation” of the bible.
And, I will give you a serious no-nonsense answer.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth <--this is the current earth we are on now
No. This is referring to the 'next' heaven and earth. It is in the future.

for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away <-- This is for example Mars or any other planet we lived on in the past.
No. This is referring to the current heaven and earth.

and there was no more sea.<-- there is effidence that there was water on mars.
No. This is referring to the 'next' earth. It "goes with" the 'And I saw' line above.

Do we have seas currently?

Could it be that the psalm 21:1 actually speaks about Mars dieing as planet (or being killed/ended by either God or humanity) and the current Earth as the new heaven and earth?
Psalms 21:1 ???

In other words the Bible is a “history” book of what has happened on Mars and that we are given a new life on the current earth?
No. All "history" in the Bible involves the current heaven and earth.

So the revelation already took place?
No. Some of it - yes; however, some of it is still future.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
That is indeed a good point...

{21:23} And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.

That completely invalidates my idea.... We have a sun and moon at this moment.
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

…The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:5-6, 20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:29‬ ‭

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7, 10, 13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

seems like our whole solar system is doomed really but it’s only a tiny fragment of a giant universe God created , the Webb telescope is really showing us how small we are

Mar 23, 2023
youtube.com
See; this is what preterism does to people.
It’s also called the PreAdamite World or Creation. I am to a believer in preAdamite creation and I am not warped by it, and I am not adamant about it. :)

I see that there various unsound doctrines around, I am trying to tread softly, I probably am biting my tongue a lot. :censored:

Mar 23, 2023
youtube.com
Jeremiah 4:23-26
I looked on the earth, and behold, it was without form and void; and to the heavens, and they had no light. I looked on the mountains, and behold, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro. I looked, and behold, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled. I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the Lord, before his fierce anger.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
The Bible applies to intelligent life on any other planet, but I fear that intelligent life on other planets does it better than humans.

I have proof of my point, but I don't want to share it with anyone.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The Bible applies to intelligent life on any other planet, but I fear
that intelligent life on other planets does it better than humans.

I have proof of my point, but I don't want to share it with anyone.
Galaxy Song - from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life written by Eric Idle

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it.
The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. :love:

~ Rev 20:11

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Because we have no 'need' for the sun nor moon, that doesn't necessitate that they aren't going to exist. Isaiah 60:20 says that, "Your sun will no longer set, and your moon will not wane; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and the days of your sorrow will cease." and Isaiah 66:23 the Lord speaks of " from new moon to new moon and from sabbath to sabbath all mankind will come to worship before Me, says the Lord."
Good point, I had not considered that. The Rev verse does indeed indicate that the New Jerusalem has no need of natural light
but not expressly that there won't be a sun & moon.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth <--this is the current earth we are on now
This is a reference to the future, not the past. Our current earth has not been remade yet. The New Jerusalem has not come down yet. John travelled into the future, not the past.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
um except that specific people, cities, nations and geographic areas are mentioned, and they all happen to be on earth.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I would like to (seriously) discuss the topic “Revelation” of the bible.

In the bible is written “{21:1} And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”

As far as some people believe, there was a civilization on planet Mars.

Deconstructing Psalm 21:1 from the book of revelation,

for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away <-- This is for example Mars or any other planet we lived on in the past.

and there was no more sea.<-- there is effidence that there was water on mars.

Could it be that the psalm 21:1 actually speaks about Mars dieing as planet (or being killed/ended by either God or humanity) and the current Earth as the new heaven and earth?

In other words the Bible is a “history” book of what has happened on Mars and that we are given a new life on the current earth?

So the revelation already took place?
This is the only way God has provided us to live in the renewed earth.

Good News

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Jeremiah 4:23-26
I looked on the earth, and behold, it was without form and void; and to the heavens, and they had no light. I looked on the mountains, and behold, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro. I looked, and behold, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled. I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the Lord, before his fierce anger.
“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:2-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭60:2-3‬ ‭

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-2, 4-5, 9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:22-23‬ ‭

Jun 20, 2022
well, since the Bible speaks about a certain specific people, whose lineage happens to exist on this present Earth that both Yourself and i dwell...

the People, are the key to the Earth we are currently living in was the same earth of the Bible.

Look at ancient Egypt, Babylon, all Civilizations. look at the People mentioned in the Bible that we can trace here on this Earth like Pharaoh, Darius, Alexander the Great, etc.. ALL mentioned in the Bible including the Lineage of Yeshua in-twined throughout the Hebrew/Jewish/Yiddish (today) people's.

it's rather obvious and conclusive the Earth mentioned in the Bible is the same earth both You and I are currently living in.