Does the Book of Revelation tell us that those who refuse to take the MARK of the beast will be killed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I don't think Revelation says that those who refuse the MoB will be killed-
Well you are clearly mistaken. To be beheaded is indeed to be killed.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Rev 20:4)

The worship of the image of the Beast (the Abomination of Desolation) will go hand-in-hand with taking the Mark of the Beast.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Are you prepared to lay it all out on the line, and trust God for your next meal, not knowing where it is going to come from?
I am already well acquainted with this experience...

(And hope and pray the Lord is willing that I never have to deal with that type of experience again.)

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
Well you are clearly mistaken. To be beheaded is indeed to be killed.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Rev 20:4)

The worship of the image of the Beast (the Abomination of Desolation) will go hand-in-hand with taking the Mark of the Beast.
Then you must have your End Times in some really advanced technological age where people are beheaded and live from it. Because Jesus said in Matthew 24:22 that the days were cut short so that at least some of the elect would live.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Do you think it would be reasonable for others to consider that as a work?
Are you just trying to frame up a works-for-salvation scenario surrounding the mark of the beast?

Jan 12, 2019
Are you just attempting to frame up a works-for-salvation scenario?
No, I am just curious to understand how you form your doctrine that it is still salvation by faith alone, apart from works, even during the Tribulation.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
No, I am just curious to understand how you form your doctrine that it is still salvation by faith alone, apart from works, even during the Tribulation.
Why would it be any different than any other time?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Then you must have your End Times in some really advanced technological age where people are beheaded and live from it.
Apparently you have never heard about the resurrection of the Tribulation saints. They were beheaded but resurrected by Christ before the Millennium. The two prophets in Revelation 11 were killed, resurrected, and raptured. All the saints will either be resurrected or raptured. Both the Resurrection and the Rapture are SUPERNATURAL. God performs them by His divine power.

Jan 12, 2019
Why would it be any different than any other time?
I mean, you can insist its not a work, in order to hold on to that doctrine. I am fine with that.

Can you tell that you are a covenant theologian, in that aspect?

That was why I asked you whether do you think it would be reasonable if others were to consider that as a work.

S

Scribe

I am already well acquainted with this experience...

(And hope and pray the Lord is willing that I never have to deal with that type of experience again.)
Remember... There are always squirrels. Squirrels are almost everywhere. They taste best battered and fried. :p

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Nothing about "how salvation works" will change until Jesus returns.

I believe we are in the GT now - started circa 70 A.D. - ends in the future - does that help you understand my POV?

Jan 12, 2019
No.

I do not consider being willing to die for the Faith to be a 'work'.

;)

:)
Alright then, yep, I have encountered many who are able to hold on to that covenant theology doctrine, by including additional conditions as part of faith, other than just believing that Jesus died for our sins and rose again on the 3rd day for our justification (1 Cor 15:1-4).

Thanks for sharing.

Jan 12, 2019
Nothing about "how salvation works" will change until Jesus returns.

I believe we are in the GT now - started circa 70 A.D. - ends in the future - does that help you understand my POV?
Interesting, those who hold that AD 70 date usually believed that the 2nd coming of Jesus was during AD 70.

Do you also hold that preterist doctrine?

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Interesting, those who hold that AD 70 date usually believed that the 2nd coming of Jesus was during AD 70.

Do you also hold that preterist doctrine?
Nope. Second Coming is future.

Jan 12, 2019
Nope. Second Coming is future.
But up until now, we have not seen the mark of the beast right? So when do you think it will appear during this period of GT?

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
But up until now, we have not seen the mark of the beast right? So when do you think it will appear during this period of GT?
Not yet...

In the future...

Seems like it is just-right-around-the-corner, doesn't it?

Jan 12, 2019
Not yet...

In the future...

Seems like it is just-right-around-the-corner, doesn't it?
Ahh, you are one of those who think the covid-19 episode is signaling the entrance of the mark er? ;)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Ahh, you are one of those who think the covid-19 episode is signaling the entrance of the mark er? ;)
Just how many "steps" between now and the mark of the beast is yet to be seen; however, I do believe it is a step in that direction.

Of course, the "covid-19 episode", as you put it, is not strictly about the mark of the beast. There is a lot more to it than that. The mark of the beast is the least part of it right now...