Does the devil have any goal?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
This is something that interests me, sorry if it's disturbing to anyone.

The best I can reason is that possibly yes, but just to destroy people, because of this:

1 Peter 5:8
King James Version

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

So unless I'm mistaken originally the devil wanted to overthrow God and rebelled, but that didn't work and now he just wants to lie murder and steal and destroy people. The Bible describes the devil as the cherub that covereth so maybe originally Satan had a positive influence on everything (since he "covers") and was perhaps alone in this regard, but rebelled I think maybe due to pride about his beauty and wanting to overthrow God. I'm guessing he's still like he was and still "covers" so I'm guessing that's how he can influence the world how he does and affect people how he does, because maybe he was supposed to have a positive affect on everyone but just uses his ability for evil now. These are just guesses, but from what I can deduce it makes sense to me. Basically if I'm right there is a lone angel that can influence everyone and he uses his ability to lie murder and steal, the Devil. As far as I know he leaves Christians alone though because of this:

1 John 5:18
King James Version

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Anyways, I guess these are just my musings about this. Maybe others will find it interesting, I could be wrong about what I'm writing about though.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The devil wants to drag all humanity to Hell -- the Lake of Fire (which was created for him and his evil angels). So focus on the goals of God and Christ. Spread the Gospel.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

The best I can reason is that possibly yes, but just to destroy people, because of this:

King James Version

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

So unless I'm mistaken originally the devil wanted to overthrow God and rebelled, but that didn't work and now he just wants to lie murder and steal and destroy people. The Bible describes the devil as the cherub that covereth so maybe originally Satan had a positive influence on everything (since he "covers") and was perhaps alone in this regard, but rebelled I think maybe due to pride about his beauty and wanting to overthrow God. I'm guessing he's still like he was and still "covers" so I'm guessing that's how he can influence the world how he does and affect people how he does, because maybe he was supposed to have a positive affect on everyone but just uses his ability for evil now. These are just guesses, but from what I can deduce it makes sense to me. Basically if I'm right there is a lone angel that can influence everyone and he uses his ability to lie murder and steal, the Devil. As far as I know he leaves Christians alone though because of this:

King James Version

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Anyways, I guess these are just my musings about this. Maybe others will find it interesting, I could be wrong about what I'm writing about though.
“And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:7-9, 12, 17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:11-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Sep 24, 2012
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
‬‬
Ah, yes. I forgot about this. So I guess the devil does do things to Christians (although I think this might be a future event), but doesn't touch them personally (according to 1 John 5:18). It must be other angels that are under the devil that Christians have to deal with that are trying to do things to them.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Satan's goal is to sit in the Throne of God. Ain't gonna happen.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
To stop as many people from being save as he can.
The sins that were in the sanctuary were placed on the scapegoat. The scapegoat has no part in cleansing us of sin but all the sins in the sanctuary end up on him.
The scapegoat is Satan so he wants as few people to confess their sins.

If we are not covered by Christ's blood we pay our own debt.
Jesus gives His blood and forgives us but Satan will pay for the sins he has caused and if we are not covered by Jesus we pay ourselves. Satan wants us to pay our own debt.

Satan wants to make Jesus suffer by making us suffer.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Here is Lucifer (Satan) in EZEKIEL 28. No worries; Luke 10:19 tells us that we have power over Satan, and in the end, God will destroy him.

The word of the LORD came to me again, saying, "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because your heart is lifted up, And you say, 'I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods, In the midst of the seas,' Yet you are a man, and not a god, Though you set your heart as the heart of a god (Behold, you are wiser than Daniel! There is no secret that can be hidden from you! With your wisdom and your understanding You have gained riches for yourself, And gathered gold and silver into your treasuries; By your great wisdom in trade you have increased your riches, And your heart is lifted up because of your riches)," 'Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Because you have set your heart as the heart of a god, Behold, therefore, I will bring strangers against you, The most terrible of the nations; And they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, And defile your splendor. They shall throw you down into the Pit, And you shall die the death of the slain In the midst of the seas. "Will you still say before him who slays you, 'I am a god'? But you shall be a man, and not a god, In the hand of him who slays you. You shall die the death of the uncircumcised By the hand of aliens; For I have spoken," says the Lord GOD.' " Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. "You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. "By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones. "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you. "You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And shall be no more forever." ' " Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Son of man, set your face toward Sidon, and prophesy against her, "and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I am against you, O Sidon; I will be glorified in your midst; And they shall know that I am the LORD, When I execute judgments in her and am hallowed in her. For I will send pestilence upon her, And blood in her streets; The wounded shall be judged in her midst By the sword against her on every side; Then they shall know that I am the LORD. "And there shall no longer be a pricking brier or a painful thorn for the house of Israel from among all who are around them, who despise them. Then they shall know that I am the Lord GOD." ' Thus says the Lord GOD: "When I have gathered the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and am hallowed in them in the sight of the Gentiles, then they will dwell in their own land which I gave to My servant Jacob. "And they will dwell safely there, build houses, and plant vineyards; yes, they will dwell securely, when I execute judgments on all those around them who despise them. Then they shall know that I am the LORD their God." ' "

selahsays

May 31, 2023
When Michael kicks Satan out of heaven and he (Satan) sets himself up in Jerusalem claiming to be God, don’t you believe him. He will come as the Antichrist. What’s his goal? He wants the whole world to worship him.

Mark 13:21: "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'Look, He is there!' do not believe it.

Apr 17, 2019

King James Version

King James Version

Satan controls this world and we Christians have to resist him and the wicked angels who follow him! We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. " (I John 5:19). As Christians, although we LIVE in this world, we should be SEPARATE from this world's affairs, just like an ambassador does who lives in a foreign country. An ambassador resides in a foreign land and stays out of the affairs that country. This is the exact metaphor Paul uses in 2 Corinthians 5:20:  Therefore, we are ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us. As substitutes for Christ, we beg: “Become reconciled to God.”

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
When Michael kicks Satan out of heaven and he (Satan) sets himself up in Jerusalem claiming to be God, don’t you believe him. He will come as the Antichrist. What’s his goal? He wants the whole world to worship him.

Mark 13:21: "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'Look, He is there!' do not believe it.
So you believe that Satan is yet unfallen from Heaven, and Jesus was referring to a future time when he said in Luke 10:18:

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven"?

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
So you believe that Satan is yet unfallen from Heaven, and Jesus was referring to a future time when he said in Luke 10:18:

Remember, there are three heavens.

selahsays

May 31, 2023

Yes. Mark 13 is prophecy of the end times.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Ah, yes. I forgot about this. So I guess the devil does do things to Christians (although I think this might be a future event), but doesn't touch them personally (according to 1 John 5:18). It must be other angels that are under the devil that Christians have to deal with that are trying to do things to them.
Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Revelation chapter 12 is not a future event it’s a vision telling a story of israel who was expecting the messiah to be born he was born and ascended to Gods throne in heaven where he will rule forever

And when that happened Gods angels fought against Satan and his angels who had tried to destroy the messiah and stop Gods plan of salvstion for mankind Satan and his angels were cast out of Gods kingdom in heaven into the earth where he is now filled with rage and wrath against God so he went to war with those God loves believers who repent and obey him and have the testimony of the gospel within them

If you are looking for a time stamp there

“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

there should be no question who th e son of man who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron is or when he went up to heavens throne

What I’m saying is revelation is t written in a linear timeline it is several visions that layer and overlap it’s showing things happening in both heaven and in earth and how those things interact it isn’t a linear prophetic timeline in any way revelation 12 begins showing israel waiting for e sin to be. It’s the messiah she was promised in tbe ot he’s born and Satan fails to destroy him and he ascends to rhe throne of God

a you see a war break out in heaven then you see that war in heaven spill over into the earth and Satan turns his rage against these people

‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

which is why Peter is plainly saying “ your enemy the devil is walking about trying to devour you all stay vigilant and know that your brothers are also suffering in the world “

If you look around in the world you can see where the devil lives he lives inside the hearts of people in this world trying to occupy the same space that God needs to occupy within a person

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

Yes, of course he does. To stop as many people as possible from believing in the Lord, keeping them out of the kingdom; and to lead astray as many believers as possible.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Satan's goal is to sit in the Throne of God. Ain't gonna happen.
Yes - what Satan wants more than anything is to be worshipped - that is his "highest" and "foremost" goal. The other stuff is 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Clayman

May 30, 2021

One of his goals will be too kill the two witnesses, and we all know how that eventually will play out.

Rev 11:7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

King James Version

Yes, and many of His children are just like dear old dad. :devilish: