"Does This Make Me Look Fat?" How A Husband Should Respond

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

"Does This Make Me Look Fat?" How A Husband Should Respond

• Pray for the pre trib rapture to happen now

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Text your friend to put up the bat signal so you can leave abrupty

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Break wind and hope she leaves the room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If it makes her look fat, lie to avoid the couch

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • "We do not judge by outward appearance & so it should not matter..."

• Quickly ask her a similar question in return

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Pretend not to hear her & start a conversation

• Fake a heart attack ( can be expensive )

• "Are you sure it had not shrunk some in the wash?"

• "Does anything you have make you look skinny?"

• "Hark... I think I hear my mother calling..."

• "What was that?!!" & go in search of that "noise"

• Tell her the truth if it does make her look fat

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • "If it is too small, it is old so just throw it out"

• Other

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Dec 21, 2012
I am not married, but for those that are, feel free to give godly advice to my otherwise humorous poll.

T

Tinuviel

At this point in my life I am not fat, so when I ask someone that (I'm not married, it is usually a sister that I ask), I really want to know. Because let's just face it: some clothes seem to be designed to make you look 30 lbs heavier than you are :p.

Dec 21, 2012
Had to work on it for a bit. I did not know that the thread would post right away without having finished making the poll. It is done now. The poll is ready.

Dec 21, 2012
At this point in my life I am not fat, so when I ask someone that (I'm not married, it is usually a sister that I ask), I really want to know. Because let's just face it: some clothes seem to be designed to make you look 30 lbs heavier than you are :p.
Well, this is a refreshing bit of information. Certainly some hope for husbands that dread that question when it comes.

K

kaylagrl

I am not married, but for those that are, feel free to give godly advice to my otherwise humorous poll.
So many seriously funny choices. rofl. You need to make more polls. I ask my husband if I look bad in something and he has a nice way of telling me it doesn't make me look my best. And I do the same for him. Not a big deal really. I look in the mirror and know what I look like.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Of Course he should tell the truth, unless you want to look fat. It would be like having food in your teeth and no one told you or a burger hanging out of your nose. Love will save you from embarrassment in public not try to make you feel better and look "stupid".

G

GaryA

Of Course he should tell the truth, unless you want to look fat. It would be like having food in your teeth and no one told you or a burger hanging out of your nose. Love will save you from embarrassment in public not try to make you feel better and look "stupid".
The proper thing to do in a case like this is to ask:

"Would you like fries with that?"

G

GaryA

So many seriously funny choices. rofl. You need to make more polls. I ask my husband if I look bad in something and he has a nice way of telling me it doesn't make me look my best. And I do the same for him. Not a big deal really. I look in the mirror and know what I look like.
Perhaps another option for the poll:

Tell her to go look in the mirror and judge for herself.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
"You know it's so small, I can barely see it in this light!" - Jeff Foxworthy

U

Ugly

"No, it doesn't. Your fat makes you look fat".

:rolleyes:

P

primer

I tell my wife that I want to make love at that time and the fight or flight instinct in her takes over and she forgets the question.
We also have three boys.

Steve

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Suggest that she can saved 15% on her car insurance?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 21, 2012
For all those that offered another option, be sure to also vote "Other" in the poll.

For all those wondering, your vote will be anonymous unless otherwise you post another option in voting "Other".

You do not have to be serious when you vote.. and I think I had it so you can vote multiple times too.

But you can give a serious vote as there are some options for that too.

K

kaylagrl

Perhaps another option for the poll:

Tell her to go look in the mirror and judge for herself.

Well the problem is you cant usually see your own keister,unless you really are fat. :p

K

kaylagrl

I tell my wife that I want to make love at that time and the fight or flight instinct in her takes over and she forgets the question.
We also have three boys.

Steve

ROFL! Hilarious! I love this answer!!!

U

Ugly

As a more serious answer, though, i don't get that question often. Never have, from anyone i've dated. Probably because they're afraid i'll be honest haha. But i try to judge my answers truthfulness on the situation.
Usually, when i'm dating i make my likes and dislikes in womens clothes apparent. So if a woman wears something i don't like, she doesn't bother asking me, because she knows i won't like it either way.
Most of the time, if a woman asks such a thing, unless there is a real problem i see, i won't say there's a problem. Some things are just not worth pointing out. I know other people won't really notice either. But if i see something that i think is a more obvious issue, then yes, i'll speak up.
Luckily the women i've dated have rarely asked me that, or similar questions. Usually they are not the type to be that concerned, except maybe in certain circumstances.

D

Depleted

"No, it doesn't. Your fat makes you look fat".

:rolleyes:
That's hubby's approach, and clearly the reason I never ask him such a silly question. lol

D

Depleted

Well the problem is you cant usually see your own keister,unless you really are fat. :p
Well, if you can't see your own keister, then no reason to ask the question. You won't look fat. AND, if you can see your keister, than no reason to ask the question either. You can see your own keister. Isn't that answer enough?

(For the record, I had no idea anyone couldn't see their own keister. :eek:)

G

GaryA

Well, if you can't see your own keister, then no reason to ask the question. You won't look fat. AND, if you can see your keister, than no reason to ask the question either. You can see your own keister. Isn't that answer enough?
"Beat me to it..." :p

;)