Dogs & Cats

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What is your favorite pet?

• Dogs

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • cats

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • other: fish, birds, rodents, etc

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Here's a little cat humor from Steve Martin:

Okay! Hey, does anybody know where I can get some cat handcuffs? I've gotta get a pair of cat handcuffs. Either two little ones like this, to go around the little paws.. or a big one that hooks onto my arm and then hooks onto the cat. I found out my cat was embezzling from me, so I've gotta get a little pair.. of cat handcuffs, so.. Well, I found out that when I'm away, he goes to the mailbox, picks up the checks, take them down to the bank and cashes them. The way I caught him, I went out to his little house, where he sleeps at night, and there was like $3,000 worth of cat toys out there. And you can't return them, because they have spit all over them.. I don't know where he is now, I guess he went out to Catalina, or something like that, I don't know.. [ audience groans slightly ] No. He bought a catamaran, and went out.. [ audience groans again] No, he got it out of a catalog.. [ groans ] This is a catastrophe! Hey, just remember - comedy is not pretty!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you catch him you'll have him shipped to alcatraz...

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I honestly love both, but for different reasons. For cats: purrs and cuddles. For dogs: romping around and having boundless energy.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I choose "other."

This is the "other:"

:D

P

Ptrstacia

Cats rule and dogs drool :p haha, just kiddin', I like dogs too, but cats much better :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Both are good once you get to know them, but I also prefer cats. I have an australian shepherd mix named Dan and I wouldn't trade that dog for any cat, but I'd rather have a cat than a dog.

Did that make any sense at all?

If I had to give up either the dog or the cat, the dog would go.

Hmm... maybe I WOULD be willing to trade that dog for a cat. Don't tell him that though.

Sep 6, 2013
Cats and Dogs both have their ups and downs, but I love my puppy.

Bennie3.jpg

He's the best travel companion.

Bennie2.jpg

He's the best fetcher.

Bennie.jpg

He's quick to please, quick to learn, super smart and basically just adorable. :)

1joseph

Dec 14, 2014

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Dogs are nice, yes... but I see cats are still winning in the poll.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Dogs are nice, yes... but I see cats are still winning in the poll.
This might be a jump to a conclusion, but I read once that introverted people tend to like cats while extroverted people tend to like dogs, and we've seen before that there are typically more introverted people here on CC.

Like I said, that may not be a valid correlation at all, I just think it's a bit interesting. :)

K

Kaycie

I currently don't like anything that poops, pees, scratches, or has fur lol. I like to be clean and have negative memories of my mom treating her dog like royalty and me like dirt. I cringe inside when someone calls their pet their child. Ive also endured allergic reactions, fleas, and parasites.

However, the more I'm around an animal the less allergic I become. And I do remember loving a pet. In a household of many people, whenever we had a dog it always slept on my bed. I've had both cats and dogs. I slightly prefer dogs, but ultimately I prefer cleanliness- no fur on couch or clothes, no pet smells, no fleas, no expense, etc. I'd rather live clean and spend my affection on humans. Call me a pet Scrooge lol. Dogs, cats, fish, turtles? Humbug!

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
I like dogs because they put so much effort into having fun that they become completely oblivious to their surroundings (until it is too late).

I present Exhibit A below:

[video=youtube_share;CLeLdf2_pXE]http://youtu.be/CLeLdf2_pXE[/video]

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Exhibit A went from "We have lift off" to "Houston, we have a problem" in 13 seconds flat!! :D

I agree with Rachelsedge. I am extroverted by nature so I love dogs more than cats.

M

MadParrotWoman

Parrots rock
Parrots rule
anyone who thinks otherwise
is a complete fool....ahem

Dogs come a close second and cats...I will say no more.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You have a vendetta against cats because... a cat ate your parrot?