DONE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

I have no problem with OSAS as people are expressing it here. living for Christ and santification

I do have a problem with OSAS do anything you want and get a ticket to heaven too

if someone is living as example #1, that should satisfy even those who think you can loose salvation

I am actually in a no man's land between the 2

either arguement, if you follow it literally, does not sound like how I want to live

7seasrekeyed

I want to say to all. I am much more than the words you read here,as I'm sure you are as well!
I believe that Jesus,God's son came,taught,died, was buried and rose again the 3rd day,then after 40 days ascended to the Father and now sits at His right hand........waiting!
I believe the love for fallen man held Him to the cross. It is that shed blood that brings new birth into sinful man,and He is the only way to the Father!
I believe He said as promised to send us a comforter and guide into the word,The Holy Spirit!
I believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence as in Acts!
I believe we have to walk in all the word,persevering,overcoming,holding fast,pressing toward the mark,and never wavering from the TRUTH of the word!
I believe we do all this by living in the commands found in the word by Holy Spirit inspiration!
I believe we are to allow the Holy Spirit to display His FRUIT in us!
I believe we walk in His righteousness,imitating Him in ever action or reaction in our walk!!
I believe that God knows EVERY heart and all the motivations behind our behaviour!

I spent much time in going back into forums on cc to 2008 and forward.
Many many who were once participants here are NO longer with us,I do not know why!
I came looking for fellowship among the household of faith,nothing else!
Some I have met are just not my close family,others I love as brothers and sisters!

We are to love,encourage,pray, carry one another's burdens, and share the word,for it is the breaking of bread!
WE ARE TO BE UNITED IN THE FAITH,LOOKING TO THE FINISHER OF OUR FAITH!

Those I have on ignore,I will no longer engage with!

I want to ENJOY being here! Most all these threads are simply repeats through the yrs!
If I cannot encourage,love and exhort you onward on this walk we are supposed to be sharing,plz put me on ignore,we are of NO use to one another!

MAY WE ALL WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION BY BEING IN JESUS PRESCENCE!

well, the thing is, this is not a church. you are not sitting in a church that has proclaimed what it believes and hopes and teaches that everyone is agrees. if you want membership, you had better agree

nope

this is a forum with people from allllll over the place, from myriad backgrounds, life circumstances and experiences, poor, wealthy, high IQ's, middle IQ's and dare I say lower IQ's...:unsure:...well anyway...

now you can have all that in a church too, but most people are going to sit on their behinds and want to FIT IN

not so here. everyone wants to be heard AND demands everyone else listen

not everyone has experience in leadership in church....I do, for better or worse as some might see that.....and I can tell you, behind the scenes it can be a pretty disruptive and disunifying scene at times

the pastor can't stand his secretary, the secretaty gossips about everything she should hold in confidence, the worship leader has the fantasy that they alone bring down the Holy Spirit, the youth pastor flirts with the girls and the parents are fed up, little Joey was beat up by the Pastor's son and on and on and on and on

in church everyone basically shuts up and listens...or dozes off

here, everyone has equal mouth time and it shows

that's what is going on

again, this is not a church and rest easy. people with more experience and actually ability as a teacher have tried to calm the place down and to date, has not happened

so, people leave and new people come in and it starts all over again

people cart their soapbox or favorite hobby horse in with them and some start preaching, some listen, some do both, some think they are OT prophets, some have an axe to grind and want everyone's neck on the block and on and on and on and we all get to CHOOSE what we want to respond to or ignore

some people believe God is speaking through them when they address others and they expect others to sit up and obey

some people think they have the goods cornered and if they bring that up, they will solve the problems they perceive active in this forum

the above are facts. illusions are many, but the facts here have it

nothing personal. just trying to hopefully explain what you are seeing here

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
So, if you yell and curse and swear and call a homosexual person all kinds of names while at the same time quoting Scripture to him that proves he is a sinner - then what you told him is truth? I say No! Why? Because God is truth and you did not bring God to him. So to say you said the "truth" is just not so.
I apologize for interjecting, but let’s take out the yelling, cursing, swearing and name calling.
So, if you yell and curse and swear and call a homosexual person all kinds of names while at the same time quoting Scripture to him that proves he is a sinner - then what you told him is truth? I say No! Why? Because God is truth and you did not bring God to him. So to say you said the "truth" is just not so.

I would say - you told him facts (not the swearing of course! :)) but did not give him truth. Truth is more than facts - truth is bringing God to a person.

You can say it differently - I am not offended by that - I have come to this way of viewing it because of all the abuse I have seen of preachers (and others) throwing "truth" (really facts) at people without love. It always brings disastrous results (except in a few cases where the person is very, very, mature, and can sift out the bad attitudes behind what is said).
This reminds me of a revival I attended where the keynote speaker only spoke about fear, damnation, the enemy and hell. He was literally trying to scare people into heaven. IMO he did nothing but push away nonbelievers. The old adage still holds true when it comes to sugar vs vinegar. But what do I know?

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
well, the thing is, this is not a church. you are not sitting in a church that has proclaimed what it believes and hopes and teaches that everyone is agrees. if you want membership, you had better agree

nope

this is a forum with people from allllll over the place, from myriad backgrounds, life circumstances and experiences, poor, wealthy, hig IQ's, middle IQ's and dare I say lower IQ's...:unsure:...well anyway...

now you can have all that in a church too, but most people are going to sit on their behinds and want to FIT IN

not so here. everyone wants to be heard AND demands everyone else listen

not everyone has experience in leadership in church....I do, for better or worse as some might see that.....and I can tell you, behind the scenes it can be a pretty disruptive and disunifying scene at times

the pastor can't stand his secretary, the secretaty gossips about everything she should hold in confidence, the worship leader has the fantasy that they alone bring down the Holy Spirit, the youth pastor flirts with the girls and the parents are fed up, little Joey was beat up by the Pastor's son and on and on and on and on

in church everyone basically shuts up and listens...or dozes off

here, everyone has equal mouth time and it shows

that's what is going on

again, this is not a church and rest easy. people with more experience and actually ability as a teacher have tried to calm the place down and to date, has not happened

so, people leave and new people come in and it starts all over again

the above are facts. illusions are many, but the facts here have it

nothing personal. just trying to hopefully explain what you are seeing here[/QUOTE

I get it but the CHURCH the bride of Christ is united! That is why some are on ignore,I don't need the harrassement,it makes me walk in self as well! I am looking for that true fellowship,not saying we have to believe everything the same for we all are at different places in our walk. True fellowship bears the fruit of the Spirit,encourages,shoulders the load and loves as Jesus does. He looks at each of us different than we see ourselves and certainly different than others see us!

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
This is what we call the "echo chamber" effect.

Once you get a regular group of X number of people who constantly like your post and affirm what you are saying, it can be difficult not to think what you are saying must therefore be the truth.
Not only that, you can easily think that you have been appointed to fight the forces of darkness.

Such a nice, innocent, personal OP is suddenly a battle field.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
It saddens me that so many members here have embraced the ways of the world, and even worse, don't recognize that they have.

P

Pisteuo

I won't question your passion, but could I ask you what your credentials are without offending you? Credentials that put you in the seat of one of the gifted teachers?
Bumped for reply by dcontroversal.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Research shows that there ARE OVER 100 VERSES ON LOVE ,under 50 VERSES ON TRUTH! Some were even enjoined ( verse in verse)!

7seasrekeyed

leastamongmany
I get it but the CHURCH the bride of Christ is united! That is why some are on ignore,I don't need the harrassement,it makes me walk in self as well! I am looking for that true fellowship,not saying we have to believe everything the same for we all are at different places in our walk. True fellowship bears the fruit of the Spirit,encourages,shoulders the load and loves as Jesus does. He looks at each of us different than we see ourselves and certainly different than others see us!

you are illustrating what I said with this response

you can only change how you behave here...or anywhere else

really, it's take or leave it

'true fellowship' is somewhat of a misnomer

fellowship is fellowship. nobody came in here perfect but maybe they will learn a little something while here..even if it's only how to take a punch in the jaw gracefully o_O

it's really up to the individual how they behave and your expectations are too high but I can understand why you have them

Research shows that there ARE OVER 100 VERSES ON LOVE ,under 50 VERSES ON TRUTH! Some were even enjoined ( verse in verse)!

LOVE
so what does scripture say about those who love the truth and what does it say about those who do not love the truth?

you cannot define your own truth by how many verses there are about one subject that you think is making your point for you and then say the other is not as important because there are less verses

anyway, you will have to figure it out

Mar 23, 2016
Have you been reading the threads?
I do not read all threads. There is not enough time in my day to read every thread. I generally have time to participate in one or two threads at any given time.

eternally-gratefull said:
We are NOT united in faith. Nothing close to it!
It appears to me that the disunity is in doctrinal minutiae. The unity we have as a body of believers is the faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

We all need to realize that we are all in various stages of development and maturity in the Lord. We also need to realize that we are all members in particular in the body of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Head, we are the members of His body, and we all have different functions within the body.

How many of us allow other members to function as God has designed?

Some are called to exhort and gently encourage others. Does that mean the faith he or she has is not genuine? No.

Some are called to apologetics (watchers/defenders). Does that mean the faith he or she has is not genuine, or is somehow different than the one who prefers to encourage? No.

The faith is the same ... the function within the body of Christ is not the same. Both believe God. Both uphold the Word of God. One upholds by defending the gospel. One upholds by supporting and encouraging. God works within each one as He sees fit. We are to be submitted to Him and speak as He directs ... sometimes with what appears to be harsh words and sometimes with what appears to be words which are too soft / gentle.

eternally-gratefull said:
We may all claim to believe in a person named Jesus. But for some, thats about as unified as we are.
And that is the basis of our fellowship one with another. For some, that may be the only place in which there is unity.

You know, once we are born again, God begins His work within each and every one of us to bring us closer to Him. Some of us submit to Him ... some of us do not submit and we wander away, get lost, and the Shepherd comes and finds us, lays us on His shoulder, and brings us back to the fold.

There is a time coming where all this dissension will be wiped away. We will all bask in the Light and see Him face to face.

E

eternally-gratefull

Thanks, It is good to know all the accusations that have been spewed around lately about how I do not love certain people because they are ladies, or hate them because they do not believe as I do is shown to be nonsense.

And your a faithful witness, so again, Thank you so much sis..

We have even had some heatd conversations. But your proof that brothers and sisters can still do that and still be great friends.. I have even gotten into with DC.. but in the end, Our unification is christ and the cross.. And we can speak in love because the other person knows we love them, and they do not resort to personal attacks, like so many here lately have done to people who do not agree with them

Its getting bad!

E

eternally-gratefull

I have no problem with OSAS as people are expressing it here. living for Christ and santification

I do have a problem with OSAS do anything you want and get a ticket to heaven too

if someone is living as example #1, that should satisfy even those who think you can loose salvation

I am actually in a no man's land between the 2

either arguement, if you follow it literally, does not sound like how I want to live
Thats why we should listen to people and not just assume amen!!

Is the person placing their faith in Christ, and has the living faith which orks form of OSAS

Or are they the licentious. Say a sinners prayer and your saved, so I can live however the you know what I want (or as I call it, the get out of jail free card) type of OSAS.

To many hear the word and lump everyone together!!

7seasrekeyed

18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18

for example, people can say love and even show love, but God looks on the heart and is not fooled by anyone. a person can smile right in someones face and they are simply being hypocritical...I am sure you know that applies to some calling themselves Christian..but who is God near to? the ones who love (our love is fickle) or the one calling in truth? you can ask yourself what that means. truth is found in the word and when we understand that truth and apply it, then we are accepting what that word states and not just saying love or I love or you should love

I believe truth comes first. the truth is, God had to send His only Son in our place to die for our sins so that we might live in Him

the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth...scripture states...but that does not mean we are on our own...no! people get into all kinds of trouble thinking they can walk alone. the truth is, God has given teachers...the flip side is that all who call themselves teacher are not

it is not so complicated once you really study the word and understand the concept of something in context, rather than some who state the Bible contradicts itself. it really doesn't, but a limited understanding may leave a person with that error

18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. I John 3:18

24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:24

17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 17:7

it seems to me that truth undergirds love

E

eternally-gratefull

your quote to sevenseas
Walking in true fellowship is not walking only with people who agree with you. Thats called alienating yourself from the world. And christ speaks against this.

Not listening to other people hurts in two ways

1. It does nto allow you to hear their side and really understand where they are coming from so you can actually have a conversation with them

2. It does not allow you to hear a different view, which may be the truth, and you can actually learn from..

E

eternally-gratefull

It saddens me that so many members here have embraced the ways of the world, and even worse, don't recognize that they have.
That goes for all sides. And you can include yourself..

E

eternally-gratefull

I do not read all threads. There is not enough time in my day to read every thread. I generally have time to participate in one or two threads at any given time.

It appears to me that the disunity is in doctrinal minutiae. The unity we have as a body of believers is the faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

We all need to realize that we are all in various stages of development and maturity in the Lord. We also need to realize that we are all members in particular in the body of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Head, we are the members of His body, and we all have different functions within the body.

How many of us allow other members to function as God has designed?

Some are called to exhort and gently encourage others. Does that mean the faith he or she has is not genuine? No.

Some are called to apologetics (watchers/defenders). Does that mean the faith he or she has is not genuine, or is somehow different than the one who prefers to encourage? No.

The faith is the same ... the function within the body of Christ is not the same. Both believe God. Both uphold the Word of God. One upholds by defending the gospel. One upholds by supporting and encouraging. God works within each one as He sees fit. We are to be submitted to Him and speak as He directs ... sometimes with what appears to be harsh words and sometimes with what appears to be words which are too soft / gentle.

And that is the basis of our fellowship one with another. For some, that may be the only place in which there is unity.

You know, once we are born again, God begins His work within each and every one of us to bring us closer to Him. Some of us submit to Him ... some of us do not submit and we wander away, get lost, and the Shepherd comes and finds us, lays us on His shoulder, and brings us back to the fold.

There is a time coming where all this dissension will be wiped away. We will all bask in the Light and see Him face to face.
There is only one gospel. Not two. Not three not 1000, The bible does not teach universalasim, It also does not teach all people who merely believe in a man named jesus who died on the cross are true children of God.

No, we are not unified. Because there are multiple gospels being believed buy differing people here.

E

eternally-gratefull

Thanks, It is good to know all the accusations that have been spewed around lately about how I do not love certain people because they are ladies, or hate them because they do not believe as I do is shown to be nonsense.

And your a faithful witness, so again, Thank you so much sis..

We have even had some heatd conversations. But your proof that brothers and sisters can still do that and still be great friends.. I have even gotten into with DC.. but in the end, Our unification is christ and the cross.. And we can speak in love because the other person knows we love them, and they do not resort to personal attacks, like so many here lately have done to people who do not agree with them

Its getting bad!
This post was in response to @kaylagrl post to DC