The greatest commandment is Love. Love covers a multitude of sins, meaning many or all sin. If you truly Love, you would not break any of the commandments. You will be doing the will of God. Some have not grasp on this this.
the law was written in stone right? and what does the term written in stone mean? anyone ever wonder where the term came from?
It was not only written in stone but GOD PERSONALLY spoke the 10 Commandments to the people assembled Ex 20; Deut 5. and they admitted they had heard Him
If you know how to love neighbour how can you not love God first and keep holy HIS chosen day ?
Romans 14.5-9
[SUP]5 [/SUP]One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. [SUP]6 [/SUP]He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; [SUP]8 [/SUP]for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. [SUP]9 [/SUP]For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
Well , here is where we differ..WHERE does GOD say 'go ahead and choose your own day...never mind what I want ?
AS soldiers of God we are supposed to obey/follow command...not answer back and decide for ourselves.
People lack disciplene/obedience, a wild bunch refusing correction and training.....I won't go on...sure you get the picture.
Now I find this interesting that you say this:I will continue to post what Paul says about the law and the New Covenant every time people try to bring Christians under the bondage of the law again.
What is the greatest commandment "in the Law"? Thank God we are not in the Law - nor are we under it anymore as a true Christian is in the New Covenant.
So, what are the 'commandments of God in the New Covenant"? John tells us exactly what they are.
1 John 3:23 (NASB)
[SUP]23 [/SUP] This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.
Replacing Christ Himself for the carnal keeping of the law of Moses is an anti-Christ belief system that nullifies the very grace of God that is in Christ's finished work from operating in our lives like it was meant to.
We will not desert Christ to go back to the law of Moses and commit spiritual adultery on our Lord. Rom. 7:1-6
View attachment 171344
Romans 14.5-9
[SUP]5 [/SUP]One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. [SUP]6 [/SUP]He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; [SUP]8 [/SUP]for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. [SUP]9 [/SUP]For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
I cannot find "He who does not observe the day" in here.
God created a 7 day week, and made the last day of the week holy. This was not undone.
If you want to rest on Tuesday, then do it. But don't pretend that it was God's intention, or that it is holy.
Revisionism is silly, trying to make excuses to not keep the sabbath by saying that every day is holy. God created Tuesday, but did He make it holy and set it apart? That's not what happened.
The feasts are shadows, part of the Levitical priesthood. They are a different thing than an actual 1/7 part of the week being set apart for man.
Now I find this interesting that you say this:
"I will continue to post what Paul says about the law and the New Covenant every time people try to bring Christians under the bondage of the law again."
Which means you think that is what this post was about. Interesting response that I am trying to get my head around.
Now I am not sure if you are responding to me or someone else.
All my post does is follow what Paul says, The issue is not the law its sin. Jesus came to save us from sin.
To blame the law is like Adam blaming Eve for his sin as if it was his fault for his choice. I am not sure this is what your doing so could you please clarify for my dull brain lol.
I may have totaly missed the boat on this one.
So We know the bible says the law is good.
We know our problem is sin not the law.
We know the law was ordained for life says Paul.
For me it is straight logic.
If the law simply reveals the problem.
But the problem is not the law but us.
Then the solution has to be something concerning us.
Anything done to the law misses the problem and can not save.
Yes, you have missed the point!Now I find this interesting that you say this:
"I will continue to post what Paul says about the law and the New Covenant every time people try to bring Christians under the bondage of the law again."
Which means you think that is what this post was about. Interesting response that I am trying to get my head around.
Now I am not sure if you are responding to me or someone else.
All my post does is follow what Paul says, The issue is not the law its sin. Jesus came to save us from sin.
To blame the law is like Adam blaming Eve for his sin as if it was his fault for his choice. I am not sure this is what your doing so could you please clarify for my dull brain lol.
I may have totally missed the boat on this one.
So We know the bible says the law is good.
We know our problem is sin not the law.
We know the law was ordained for life says Paul.
For me it is straight logic.
If the law simply reveals the problem.
But the problem is not the law but us.
Then the solution has to be something concerning us.
Anything done to the law misses the problem and can not save.
Thanx for the reply some good points in there find my comments if interested in red. Blessings.
While I agree, The law is not the problem we are. Paul did say the law caused sin to increase. Just look at life, When a law is given, people are carnal, they want to break that law. How dare someone tell me what to do. Even a child. may never go to the cookee jar But tell him now, and he will be tempted. I ask myself the question what did Paul mean? Did the law make the child do it, or did the law simply reveal in greater detail the rebellious nature of the child? I think Logic would dictate that the issue is still us not the law. I think that is what you are saying above am I right?
Also. This is what paul says about the law and making us righteous people.
Galatians 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
The law can not make us moral people. it was never given for that reason, it was given to lead us to Christ, Because we are convicted by the law as sinners. I agree with this also, The Law only states what is right or what is not sin. Eg it is not sin to not kill etc. But knowing that does not save. It only revealed the sin in us already. The fact that we continue to break it after we know revels the deep nature of the sin in us already. Sin is the problem not the law.
Again
While your right, Do not steal, covet etc is not our problem. They do not tell us how to overcome the problem when we have a tendency to do those things.
How many times have someone actually stopped doing something they really like to do because someone said stop it? Not very many Yes I agree with this, My post was not about how we are saved but rather that the law is not our problem. Sin and death came before the law. The law did not bring these things as Paul said.
People need reasons to stop. The law did not give us that reason, or an explanation of why, Only do not do it, And it did not even give us complete details of what would constitute breaking that sin, (see Jesus and his sermon on the mount, when he discusses this fact)Just a quick note on the bit about the sermon on the mount, While it was not spelled out in the 10 commandments it is all there in the OT law. Jesus did not bring new teachings but for a Jew who missed the point He brought new understanding. But one can teach everything Jesus taught from the OT.
The law is written to the lawless to lead them to christ, Not the righteous who are in christ, Asking a believer to go back to law is not going to help them learn how to be like christ, It was never given for that purpose. All it can do is continue to condemn, or cause a person to water down the law so they can feel like they are ok. I see this part a little different to you I think. the law did more than just point out sin. It did so by showing what is right to do. That is why Paul said it is good as the OT says. To the person who is in their natural carnal state it does indeed condemn, But make no mistake it does not condemn one who is not so. Jesus being an example of one the law itself could not condemn. This is true also for those who have been forgiven and saved form sin the law that brought condemnation now testifies to the righteousness of Christ in the converted person.
Thankyou for your reply but may I suggest humbly that you have missed my point.Yes, you have missed the point!
The righteous demands of the law are completely unattainable!
All the law can do is make sin sinful and condemn us.
Paul stresses that the law is righteous or holy yet all it can do is condemn us because we cannot measure up to its righteousness.
That is why we need a saviour!
And we have a saviour in the Person and Work of Jesus Christ.
The work that Jesus Christ did by shedding His blood and dying on the cross fulfilled the righteous demands of the law ON OUR BEHALF.
We do not need to "do" anything to the law.
What we do need to do is trust that Jesus Christ has fulfilled the righteous demands of the law and NOT look to the law for our righteousness.
How do you read that? I am curious because I find it interesting that people actually think that the law makes them sin.WOW, the Bible says in 1 Cor 15.56 that the power of SIN is the law....
[SUP]56 [/SUP]The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;
Fair enough!Thankyou for your reply but may I suggest humbly that you have missed my point.
I don't have any problem with what you wrote above because at leas as I read it, its true. My post is not about being saved by the law. This would seem to be an assumption on your part. Maybe I worded things in a way that looked that way. If I did sorry. But now it is cleared up hopefully.
The post is looking at how the law functions not about how we are saved.