Doomed to Fail Crushes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nuns_n_roses
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Since we're talking about youtube celebs, the only one I ever had a crush on was Lisanova.

At first I couldn't stand seeing her face all over youtube, but then I found out that she does work for an organization that rescues refugees from countries around the world and I saw how pretty she was without all the crazy makeup that she always put on in her videos.

[video=youtube;9K7cKEwMzEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9K7cKEwMzEU[/video]
 
I used to swoon over Tom Hiddleston.

I didn't really tell anyone about it though, for fear that they'd associate me with the hoards of teenage "Hiddlestoners" who proclaim loudly online that the very sight of him makes their ovaries explode. O___O

Now, I don't really care what anyone thinks. :D At first I just thought he was a talented actor with mediocre looks, but then I started seeing interviews of his, and he was just so.. gentlemanly. The accent helped too. Commence swooning.
 
It's really not a crush, more like "I could be best friends with him!"...

dancing_boy.jpg
 
I used to swoon over Tom Hiddleston.

I didn't really tell anyone about it though, for fear that they'd associate me with the hoards of teenage "Hiddlestoners" who proclaim loudly online that the very sight of him makes their ovaries explode. O___O

Now, I don't really care what anyone thinks. :D At first I just thought he was a talented actor with mediocre looks, but then I started seeing interviews of his, and he was just so.. gentlemanly. The accent helped too. Commence swooning.
tumblr_m8kh1fzw4x1ruwi4no1_500.gif

I feel your pain. I suppose I should confess I like Benedict Cumberbatch too.
 
I used to swoon over Tom Hiddleston.

I didn't really tell anyone about it though, for fear that they'd associate me with the hoards of teenage "Hiddlestoners" who proclaim loudly online that the very sight of him makes their ovaries explode. O___O

Now, I don't really care what anyone thinks. :D At first I just thought he was a talented actor with mediocre looks, but then I started seeing interviews of his, and he was just so.. gentlemanly. The accent helped too. Commence swooning.
Wait… does this make us Closet Hiddlestoners?
 
I went to Universal Studios this past weekend (the Transformers Ride is pretty awesome) and while I'm not usually attracted to "older" men... How about older cyber beings?

I definitely have a crush on an Autobot... it's just that there are so many to choose from. Jazz (yes, I know he's deceased via the movie but characters are resurrected all the time), Bumblebee, Ratchet... And Optimus Prime is the ULTIMATE but I'm pretty sure he'd be more like a dad.

Now I suppose if I were having a rebellious streak... I could always try dating a Decepticon. I was always particularly fond of Soundwave--who cares if cassette tapes are obsolete--he was ultra cool, and that electronic voice made me swoon! ("Rumble!" "Ravage!")

Actually, I saw a YouTube video in which Megatron tells the crowd at the ride, "You've already lost the war! You humans with your smart phones and ipads!! Ha! They're Decepticons in disguise!!!"

There is probably some truth to that.

And, I would totally be all about intergalactic dating!!! :D
 
It's this one. I have no idea. A vampire or katy perry? I don't know, but it's this one.

vampire_girl_by_goldngatelettrs911.jpg
 
I used to swoon over Tom Hiddleston.

I didn't really tell anyone about it though, for fear that they'd associate me with the hoards of teenage "Hiddlestoners" who proclaim loudly online that the very sight of him makes their ovaries explode. O___O

Now, I don't really care what anyone thinks. :D At first I just thought he was a talented actor with mediocre looks, but then I started seeing interviews of his, and he was just so.. gentlemanly. The accent helped too. Commence swooning.

Yes! My friends and are were watching The Avengers and they were all swooning over Thor, and I made a comment how I thought Loki (Hiddleston) was attractive, and I got some weird looks. Granted, he's a bit dorky looking in that movie, but that didn't sway my opinion. :D
 
Has anyone ever experienced crushes like this? I've had crushes on fictional characters, guys on youtube that don't know I exist even though I follow their videos loyally... *sigh*

Let your inner stalker rejoice in this thread! ;)

Like you, and others, have said...mostly fictional characters be it in animation, gaming, acting, literature, or otherwise...

None immediately come to mind, but I know there have been several over the past I've admired and daydreamed about. Nonetheless, as fun as that fiction can be, I find it often possesses the potential to turn quite damaging on a person. We're meant to live in reality, so many of us...though...retreat to something else.

Reverting from serious reflection, there are always those 'personas' you can crush on sometimes in the video, gaming, or chat world...like such for as example:

[video=youtube;urNyg1ftMIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU[/video]
 
Last edited:
I got an important question :{D

Wouldn't some of this stuff be considered or being categorized as having "lust" or "coveting" another's husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend in reality? Like Brad Pitt (for some ladies haha) knowing that he has jolie as a wife.....? :rolleyes:. I was guilty of this once...Lol

When will we all wake up from fantasy land lol...