Dr Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Jodie Whittaker: Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman - BBC News

Now that really does go against the laws of nature.

Think techno, nerdy, genius with memory like a sieve and sonic screwdriver, who is
always misplacing things in a telephone box and losing keys.
That simply describes a man, and nothing but a man.

If Doctor Who was meant to be a woman, the TV producers would have replaced
the tardis with a nice new gleaming bathroom suite or modern kitchen, long ago. :D

S

Susanna

I'm losing my keys left and right and I'm a woman...maybe I can be the next Dr. Who? LOL.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

...sad news. No more of a fan of Dr. Who than I am, even I think it is completely unacceptable for this change to occur. The character is supposed to be a man. As much as vast changes like this are being shoved down our throats, I am kind of surprised the new character is a woman and not a transgender individual. Maybe that's being saved for the 14th Doctor.

Things like this are part of the reason why I no longer bother following popular culture.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i was really disappointed, and put-off by this news too. Dr. Who fan since i was a little kid, watching the old, old episodes.

& it's not at all sexism, i mean look, the doctor always has a female companion, who is very often portrayed as the one with the more sensible head on her shoulders. it's not as if it's ever been a chauvinistic program or writing at all. there's no need for a gender-reversal here, and it's more than a bit perverse given the continuity of the character: within the paradigm of the show, the doctor is the same doctor, just with a different face - because he's 'regenerated' when he experiences what would be death for a regular human. it's a neat little narrative device that lets the show keep going for decades with any number of different actors playing the same character with no need to reboot. but he's a man. the same man, season after season. he has a wife; he's not human, but he's male; there is no question of it -- so this choice by the shows producers is effectively making him transgender. yuk.

ideally wish they had never done this, seriously hope it doesn't go past one season, and really hope there's enough pushback that it doesn't make it past a few episodes - though that's hardly likely, as the majority of the season will have been filmed or at least in production already by the time the episodes are airing.

Last edited:
B

BonJovian

Maybe the Tardis will transform into a nail bar

peacenik

May 11, 2016
The Master has been portrayed as a female. Let's see how this works out especially since the show's first producer was a woman named Verity Lambert.

Last edited:

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I will not be watching the new Politically Correct Dr Who..

No not one episode...

peacenik

May 11, 2016

Dr Who's new TARDIS ^

The Master in a female incarnation:

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Its been some time since I watched a Dr Who Episode but I will tune in for this out of curiosity. From what I remember his assistants spent half the time running around screaming. I hope this Female incarnation doesnt copy them.

I wonder whatever happened to K9 the Robot Dog?

M

Miri

i was really disappointed, and put-off by this news too. Dr. Who fan since i was a little kid, watching the old, old episodes.

& it's not at all sexism, i mean look, the doctor always has a female companion, who is very often portrayed as the one with the more sensible head on her shoulders. it's not as if it's ever been a chauvinistic program or writing at all. there's no need for a gender-reversal here, and it's more than a bit perverse given the continuity of the character: within the paradigm of the show, the doctor is the same doctor, just with a different face - because he's 'regenerated' when he experiences what would be death for a regular human. it's a neat little narrative device that lets the show keep going for decades with any number of different actors playing the same character with no need to reboot. but he's a man. the same man, season after season. he has a wife; he's not human, but he's male; there is no question of it -- so this choice by the shows producers is effectively making him transgender. yuk.

ideally wish they had never done this, seriously hope it doesn't go past one season, and really hope there's enough pushback that it doesn't make it past a few episodes - though that's hardly likely, as the majority of the season will have been filmed or at least in production already by the time the episodes are airing.
Wonder if they will give her a male companion?

M

Miri

Wonder if Time Lords get PMT!

Oh and no more sensible sneakers. :D

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The Master has been portrayed as a female. Let's see how this works out especially since the show's first producer was a woman named Verity Lambert.

forgot about that!

maybe i blocked it from my memory as a defense mechanism :p

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I find it incredible that with all the things going on in the world our Newspapers have made this a leading story!

notmyown

May 26, 2016
what next, Jane Bond? :rolleyes:
(personally pulling for Idris Elba)

i thought of resenting the new Doctor is younger and prettier than i. then i remembered David Tennant. lol

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016

Dr Who's new TARDIS ^

The Master in a female incarnation:

she's sort of attractive, in an evil, dominatrix kind of way... a modern day Cruella DeVille....

Sort of like the woman that used to host "The Weakest Link" ... or whatever that show was called....

peacenik

May 11, 2016
K9 the Robot Dog

He went with Sarah Jane into a new spin off show. PBS showed one episode of that a while ago but have not done so ever since.

M

Miri

What next

cat man
bat woman
wonder man
the Incredible Hulk with lip stick.
spider woman