Dragons in The Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
There has been so much tampering and otherwise clandestine "editing" of what we call the Bible that sometimes I cast a jaundiced eye on the whole business. One reference in the "Hebrew Bible" casts Yahweh (God ?) as a fire breathing Dragon (Journals.Sage Pub.org), yet the book of Revelations casts the Dragon as Evil. I am unfamiliar with the United Bible Society. This causes me to really take a step back.

Jul 14, 2019
Better to stick with the good old kjv which has the divinity of Christ though I enjoyed reading the niv.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
[QUOTE="Katia, post: 4956545, member: 310231"]There has been so much tampering and otherwise clandestine "editing" of what we call the Bible that sometimes I cast a jaundiced eye on the whole business. [/QUOTE]

If you feel there has been "clandestine editing" of the Bible... please present us with some verifiable evidences.

We would all love to see them.

. .

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Dragons were a kind of dinosaur, or extinct reptile. Their ability to expell fire was likely similar to other creatures that God the Creator gave to emit energy. Tiny examples are the glow worms in my back yard. Earlier in the summer are fire flies/ lightning bugs. There are bombardier beetles that expel a mixture of two in dependently innocuous compounds, when combined have an explosive reaction. Multiple that many times and it could do damage to large animals. There are electric emitting catfish and eels that harm others in the water . There are a long list of creatures that still exist that exhibit lethal power from chemical compounds. It's not hard to believe that extinct animals were hunted to extinction if they threatened a community. That still occurs where possible, with the exception of where they are protected by law.

Dinosaurs were living with man throughout history. Most became extinct. The largest which survived the cool period following the flood, were likely hunted to extinction.
God Himself describes two major sized dinosaurs in His Book of Job. He goes into extreme details. There's no clandestine editing except in the sermons of liberal ministers who try to undermine the faith of those in the audience. Government public schools also have the goals to undermine faith of children in the God Who can create such amazing creatures. They have been effective at doing so to way too many. That goes for the fake ministers too.

There's lots of history about now extinct dinosaurs throughout the world. Those that expell fire are not hard to believe from a biblical and an historical point of view.
There are still some giant reptiles that would be considered dinosaurs if they were extinct. Thousands today get very large and even feed on people when opportunity exists.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There has been so much tampering and otherwise clandestine "editing" of what we call the Bible
That's a grand claim. Grand claims require evidence.

Or, to put it bluntly,

Prove it!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There has been so much tampering and otherwise clandestine "editing" of what we call the Bible that sometimes I cast a jaundiced eye on the whole business.
This is what the Muslims have taught you. But it is another false narrative meant to elevate the Koran.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There has been so much tampering and otherwise clandestine "editing" of what we call the Bible that sometimes I cast a jaundiced eye on the whole business. One reference in the "Hebrew Bible" casts Yahweh (God ?) as a fire breathing Dragon (Journals.Sage Pub.org), yet the book of Revelations casts the Dragon as Evil. I am unfamiliar with the United Bible Society. This causes me to really take a step back.
2 Samuel 22:7-11 and Psalm 18:7-11 are the same

“In my distress I called to the Lord;
I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.
8 The earth trembled and quaked,
the foundations of the heavens[c] shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
9 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.
10 He parted the heavens and came down;
dark clouds were under his feet.
11 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
he soared on the wings of the wind.

Not sure how you make that out to be a dragon. No such thing is implied, inferred, hinted at or said.

Same for Isaiah 30:27–33

27 Behold, the name of the Lord comes from afar,
Burning with His anger,
And His burden is heavy;
His lips are full of indignation,
And His tongue like a devouring fire.
28 His breath is like an overflowing stream,
Which reaches up to the neck,
To sift the nations with the sieve of futility;
And there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people,
Causing them to err.

29 You shall have a song
As in the night when a holy festival is kept,
And gladness of heart as when one goes with a flute,
To come into nthe mountain of the Lord,
To the Mighty One of Israel.

30 The Lord will cause His glorious voice to be heard,
And show the descent of His arm,
With the indignation of His anger
And the flame of a devouring fire,
With scattering, tempest, pand hailstones.
31 For through the voice of the Lord
Assyria will be beaten down,
As He strikes with the rrod.
32 And in every place where the staff of punishment passes,
Which the Lord lays on him,
It will be with tambourines and harps;
And in battles of brandishing He will fight with it.

33 For Tophet was established of old,
Yes, for the king it is prepared.
He has made it deep and large;
Its pyre is fire with much wood;
The breath of the Lord, like a stream of brimstone,
Kindles it.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
This is what the Muslims have taught you. But it is another false narrative meant to elevate the Koran.
I am not confused about the Koran and know it and the Bible well enough to know the difference. The site I originally quoted was Christian.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I am not confused about the Koran and know it and the Bible well enough to know the difference. The site I originally quoted was Christian.
Well if a "Christian" site viciously attacks the Bible without any basis, then it is NOT a Christian site. However, the Muslims love to tell us how corrupt the Bible is. Yet the Koran has copied large chunks of the Bible and perverted them. According to the Koran Abraham and Ishmael built the Ka'aba in Mecca. Can you believe such nonsense?

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Well if a "Christian" site viciously attacks the Bible without any basis, then it is NOT a Christian site. However, the Muslims love to tell us how corrupt the Bible is. Yet the Koran has copied large chunks of the Bible and perverted them. According to the Koran Abraham and Ishmael built the Ka'aba in Mecca. Can you believe such nonsense?
But WORST OF ALL, and what makes ISLAM WORTHLESS is their claim the Jesus (Isa) never died on the cross, eliminating the SAVIOR OF MANKIND, and demoting Him to nothing more than a prophet.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
But WORST OF ALL, and what makes ISLAM WORTHLESS is their claim the Jesus (Isa) never died on the cross, eliminating the SAVIOR OF MANKIND, and demoting Him to nothing more than a prophet.
Yes, you are absolutely right. That is a direct attack on Christ and the Gospel. Therefore the Koran is "antichrist". At the same time the Koran consigns Christians and Jews to Hell. Not to mention endless Jihad against the infidels. The history of Islam in Europe has been totally suppressed or totally forgotten by the stupid Western politicians. As a result Jihad by mass migrant invasion has taken place.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Yes, you are absolutely right. That is a direct attack on Christ and the Gospel. Therefore the Koran is "antichrist". At the same time the Koran consigns Christians and Jews to Hell. Not to mention endless Jihad against the infidels. The history of Islam in Europe has been totally suppressed or totally forgotten by the stupid Western politicians. As a result Jihad by mass migrant invasion has taken place.
I choose to look at this phenomenon from a perspective of God drawing leviathan with a hook to tie down his tongue with a rope, and put a chord through his nose, and pierce his jaw (Job 41: 1-2).

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
But the Jews are going to Hell. Everyone who rejects the Son rejects the Father.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
your sort of beginning with establishing that the Bible is corrupt so how can anyone trust anything it says ?

what are you basing your thought that the Bible is corrupted like that ? Is it just something you heard and decided was fact ?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Perhaps just think of a dragon as a wise thing. Satan is said to be a wise serpent, but God is so much wiser.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Better to stick with the good old kjv
Yes, you can trust the KJV. I cannot vouch for any of the others. God can and will speak to you through the KJV if you let Him. God will never mislead you. You can trust Him. He loves you. He gave the Life of His Son for you.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Everyone who rejects the Son rejects the Father.
Yes.

But the Jews are going to Hell.
Not those who come to Jesus. Many have and many more will, especially during the Tribulation Period. That is the primary purpose of the Tribulation: to bring the lost sheep home. It is not for the Church.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
It must be said that the Roman Catholic knee-jerk reactions of the past did us no favor either.