Drinking and depressed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I am drinking a lot and feeling really depressed. I cut my stomach up and leg a bit one night. I want to kill myself more lately.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
i suggest seeing a psychiatrist .It will help you .I will pray for you.You are not alone .God is with you.Pray to him,cry to him ,he is close to you

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless umzza, in this matter. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
umzza, Your Heavenly Father loves You! He is waiting for You to trust Him completely with your life. I just want to encourage you to take a stand against the spirit of defeat! Depression, can lead to despair, especially if you are isolating yourself. Its really important that you talk with a counselor or the psychiatrist. Wanting to take your life is not the Lords plan for your life . He will take you by the hand & hold you close, and build strength within your spirit. Your never alone!
Lord Jesus, I lift up umzza to you in prayer! strengthen, protect, rebuild this life, for your Glory Lord! In Jesus name!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Here's a powerful song, that will minister to you from the Lord! by Jordan Feliz "Beloved"

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
"What a beautiful name" by Hillsong...

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry you’re feeling that way, umzza. My heart ached as I read your post, and I wish I could give you a hug. Please don’t to be hard on yourself. Putting an end to your life is not the solution for your problems. Such a decision would be tragic beyond words. Are you seeing a therapist? I believe it’s necessary for you to get help without any delay. Have you tried contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline? They operate toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). I said a prayer for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His healing presence in a special and powerful way, filling you with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can always come here to share and you have our support and prayers. Stay strong. Hugs!

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray for umzza. Help him/her to experience thy love. Let them come out of drinking and be depressed. In the precious name of Jesus.Amen

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles, Umzza. How old are you? Remember that your life is precious no matter what struggles you are facing. As you may have already realized, cutting may seem a way to express or maybe even release some of the deep emotions by purposely causing physical injury. Unfortunately, this way of handling feelings always results in even greater hurt. And, this is not an issue you should try to handle alone.

Know that I’m praying, asking God to provide comfort, encouragement and help to you at this time. Also, it might be helpful to reach out to your loved ones and consult a counselor. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433.

Additionally, you may try some practical steps by looking for things to do to keep your mind off your negative feelings. Maybe you could pursue an activity, sport, or hobby that you enjoy and that makes you feel good. Physical exercise has the added benefit of helping to relieve negative emotions naturally, too. Hang in there, friend.

Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Aug 24, 2018
I am drinking a lot and feeling really depressed. I cut my stomach up and leg a bit one night. I want to kill myself more lately.
Get yourself into an AA group. Trust me your not alone in these battles. Put yourself around the right people and things will take a better turn. You have to be willing to put the work in. Sacrifice is key. God bless you and your in my prayers.

Sep 19, 2017
Are you drinking because your depressed or are you depressed because your Drinking: I fell into the later category. Suicidal thoughts also seemed to come as a result of drinking, not the other way around. I know Jesus will never leave you if you have given your heart to him, and if you have not... its the only place to start healing from my friend. Im praying for you.