E85 vs big oil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
As a total gearhead, hot rodding and motorized racing enthusiast I lamented emissions controls systems and the reduction of pump gas octane levels. Be that as it may, I earned a living as a California Certified automotive smog controls mechanic. I had the equipment to test the ambient air as well as tailpipe emissions. The program works!

I watch several different shows about cars and I also realize the main problem for now is fossil fuel emissions. They are poison! Automobiles don't have to run on gasoline. In fact if we boost the turbos & superchargers or significantly increase the compression ratios and convert the car to E85 only (it's about 107 octane) the efficiency & horsepower will increase dramatically while reducing the smog.

In other country's E85 is regularly available at petrol (gas) stations. I think a conspiracy is afoot to keep America hooked on petroleum. E85 is an 85% natural fuel made from ethanol. it's 15% gasoline for lubrication and to prevent people from drinking it. It is still US law that all untaxed grain alcohol must be poisoned.

Dec 12, 2013
It is all a scam.....I watched a video called gashole......it had numerous executives from Shell, BP etc.....and they were getting over a 1000 miles per gallon with 70's technology....Gas does not burn as a liquid...it must be vaporized hence Hi pressure fuel pumps.....they were heating the gas and turning it to vapor and in vehicles that weighed as much as humvees were pushing over a 1000 miles per gallon....1 gallon of liquid gas converts to about 160 gallons of vapor....do the math....

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It is all a scam.....I watched a video called gashole......it had numerous executives from Shell, BP etc.....and they were getting over a 1000 miles per gallon with 70's technology....Gas does not burn as a liquid...it must be vaporized hence Hi pressure fuel pumps.....they were heating the gas and turning it to vapor and in vehicles that weighed as much as humvees were pushing over a 1000 miles per gallon....1 gallon of liquid gas converts to about 160 gallons of vapor....do the math....
Oh yeah. There was the Pouge carburetor which to turned liquid gasoline into fumes. It was a similar concept but before modern fuel injection systems. My beef is that gasoline and traditional Petro-diesel produces so much HC, CO and NOx while ethanol and bio diesel are so much more environmentally friendly. The USA is addicted to petroleum and nobody with real power or authority is picking up a pen to do anything about it. 10% ethanol in our gas is like going from 100 proof to 90 proof whiskey for health reasons. Cars will run on 15% gasoline NOW!

How can people not see the culminated ruins are about do domino?

Dec 12, 2013
Oh yeah. There was the Pouge carburetor which to turned liquid gasoline into fumes. It was a similar concept but before modern fuel injection systems. My beef is that gasoline and traditional Petro-diesel produces so much HC, CO and NOx while ethanol and bio diesel are so much more environmentally friendly. The USA is addicted to petroleum and nobody with real power or authority is picking up a pen to do anything about it. 10% ethanol in our gas is like going from 100 proof to 90 proof whiskey for health reasons. Cars will run on 15% gasoline NOW!

How can people not see the culminated ruins are about do domino?
Part of God's wrath is to destroy those who are actively destroying the earth.....and remember....ALL OF LOST humanity is under Apollyon, Abaddon <--the destoyer....

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
As a total gearhead, hot rodding and motorized racing enthusiast I lamented emissions controls systems and the reduction of pump gas octane levels. Be that as it may, I earned a living as a California Certified automotive smog controls mechanic. I had the equipment to test the ambient air as well as tailpipe emissions. The program works!

I watch several different shows about cars and I also realize the main problem for now is fossil fuel emissions. They are poison! Automobiles don't have to run on gasoline. In fact if we boost the turbos & superchargers or significantly increase the compression ratios and convert the car to E85 only (it's about 107 octane) the efficiency & horsepower will increase dramatically while reducing the smog.

In other country's E85 is regularly available at petrol (gas) stations. I think a conspiracy is afoot to keep America hooked on petroleum. E85 is an 85% natural fuel made from ethanol. it's 15% gasoline for lubrication and to prevent people from drinking it. It is still US law that all untaxed grain alcohol must be poisoned.
I respect someone who can put his own desires and interests aside for the good of the planet. It shows a fair mind.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Only one problem with your hypothesis Calibob, Ethanol is a negative net gain in energy. It take more energy to produce ethanol (between the fuels burned tilling, planting, and harvesting the crop and the energy consumed processing the corn into fuel) than what it produces. The only reason it is financially viable (think cost at the pump) is because of huge government payments into corn farmers and ethanol producers.

There are actually other plants that can be turned into biofuels more efficiently, they just don't have as powerful of a lobby as the corn producers.

The humorous thing is that Rudolf Diesel (the inventor of the diesel engine) was a man with an idea ahead of technology. He was trying to develop a motor that would run on peanut oil but had to resort to a petroleum based fuel because the technology did not yet exist to refine plant based oils into a reliable (think year round regardless of temperature) fuel.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Only one problem with your hypothesis Calibob, Ethanol is a negative net gain in energy. It take more energy to produce ethanol (between the fuels burned tilling, planting, and harvesting the crop and the energy consumed processing the corn into fuel) than what it produces. The only reason it is financially viable (think cost at the pump) is because of huge government payments into corn farmers and ethanol producers.

There are actually other plants that can be turned into biofuels more efficiently, they just don't have as powerful of a lobby as the corn producers.

The humorous thing is that Rudolf Diesel (the inventor of the diesel engine) was a man with an idea ahead of technology. He was trying to develop a motor that would run on peanut oil but had to resort to a petroleum based fuel because the technology did not yet exist to refine plant based oils into a reliable (think year round regardless of temperature) fuel.
I'm not attached to ethanol. Most any bio fuel would be a more healthy, environmentally friendly, alternative to petro chemical burning & refinement if we take water, air and soil pollution into the equation.

Believe the Lord expected us to be better stewards of the planet he made us to take care of so long ago, not pillagers of it. We shall see...

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'm not attached to ethanol. Most any bio fuel would be a more healthy, environmentally friendly, alternative to petro chemical burning & refinement if we take water, air and soil pollution into the equation.

Believe the Lord expected us to be better stewards of the planet he made us to take care of so long ago, not pillagers of it. We shall see...
in a place called Eden,

Dec 12, 2013
I was reading up on fuel consumption....guess who the biggest consumer of fuel is in the world.....the U.S. Department of Defense.......the U.S. military uses more fuel in 6 months than the whole German Military did in the entirety of WW2....12,600,000 gallons a day........crazy....!!!

Over 4.5 billion gallons a year....with like 71% of that going into planes, choppers, jets etc......

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I thank God for fossil fuels, and don't think we should be burning our food for energy.

Dec 12, 2013
I thank God for fossil fuels, and don't think we should be burning our food for energy.
What blows my mind is that in the U.S. at one time we grew enough food that wo could feed the world and then the government stepped in and began to pay farmers to NOT PLANT (CRP ground) to keep prices high........now we have millions of acres that set, growing up in weeds, brush, trees etc.....Imagine if we as a nation would grow and supply the world with corn, wheat, soy beans etc. instead of bombs to keep the oil flowing...................just saying

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

I read an article on switch-grass which was high-yield and easy to grow source for ethanol. It is a shame to turn corn into fuel especially because of the subsidies. They tax us to pay the corn farmers. Our government has been broken for some time. :cry:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I read an article on switch-grass which was high-yield and easy to grow source for ethanol. It is a shame to turn corn into fuel especially because of the subsidies. They tax us to pay the corn farmers. Our government has been broken for some time. :cry:
And saw grass too.

U

UnderGrace

Agree, the use of fossil fuels has helped create prosperity and advancement. It is a very stable (molecular) source of energy.

J

jaybird88

the news media tries to detract everyone by explaining how much corn it takes to make a galleon of ethanol, and their correct, its incredibly unefficient, what they dont tell you is you can make 20 times the ethanol with sugar, you can even make it from grass if you want. any ole country boy that knows about moonshine can tell you that.
the car and oil companies are so corrupt, i remember reading about the electric car / emissions scandle in california back in the early 90s, they leased a bunch of them to people, distracted everyone as if they were doing something about the issue, in the meantime they bought the politicians needed, refused to renew the leases, yanked all the cars, crushed them all, and in the end everyone was back on gasoline.

J

jaybird88

What blows my mind is that in the U.S. at one time we grew enough food that wo could feed the world and then the government stepped in and began to pay farmers to NOT PLANT (CRP ground) to keep prices high........now we have millions of acres that set, growing up in weeds, brush, trees etc.....Imagine if we as a nation would grow and supply the world with corn, wheat, soy beans etc. instead of bombs to keep the oil flowing...................just saying
what makes it worse is the food companies are the most heavily subsidized industry in the nation, the subsidies are used to manipulate foreign economies, thats why every latin country south of us is so dirt poor.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
the news media tries to detract everyone by explaining how much corn it takes to make a galleon of ethanol, and their correct, its incredibly unefficient, what they dont tell you is you can make 20 times the ethanol with sugar, you can even make it from grass if you want. any ole country boy that knows about moonshine can tell you that.
the car and oil companies are so corrupt, i remember reading about the electric car / emissions scandle in california back in the early 90s, they leased a bunch of them to people, distracted everyone as if they were doing something about the issue, in the meantime they bought the politicians needed, refused to renew the leases, yanked all the cars, crushed them all, and in the end everyone was back on gasoline.
I remember that. Ford even built I think about 400 hydrogen powered cars And gave them to politicians in DC. Water was the main source of hydrogen but that was quickly squashed.

Jun 10, 2019
I remember that. Ford even built I think about 400 hydrogen powered cars And gave them to politicians in DC. Water was the main source of hydrogen but that was quickly squashed.
It’s trying to come back, California is the only one with hydrogen fill up, Toyota, Hyundai are some manufactures.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It’s trying to come back, California is the only one with hydrogen fill up, Toyota, Hyundai are some manufactures.
I hope it gains quick success and becomes national quickly. The problem I can foresee now is that Cali has an abundance of crude oil and a water shortage. It may be the worst pilot state unless it goes back to the water desaltation plan but I can remember when the only working desaltation plant in Chula Vista was sold to Iran.