Eat My Flesh <> Drink my Blood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 9, 2020

. . .Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of The Lord in an
unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the
Lord.
Isn't this kind of another argument that it's real and not symbolic? How would defiling a piece of bread be a sin against the body of Jesus? But if the Eucharist is real, then it's very easy to see how defiling it would be a sin against Jesus' body and blood.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Isn't this kind of another argument that it's real and not symbolic? How
would defiling a piece of bread be a sin against the body of Jesus? But if the
Eucharist is real, then it's very easy to see how defiling it would be a sin
against Jesus' body and blood.

Opinion is divided as to whether the Lord's body and blood are spiritually
present in the species or really present. Either way there's a presence to
reckon with, and both sides of the aisle take it seriously enough to consider
it an assault upon the Lord's person when the Eucharist is taken
sacrilegiously.
_

E

eternally-gratefull

The eucharist is not found in John 6.

Its sad that people try to make a ceremony out of what Jesus was trying to tell the people. Especially since the Eucharist does not even grant anyone the promise that Jesus gave.

John 6 is about the food which ENDURES to eternal life

Not about a weekly mass, which does not endure even a week.

Jul 28, 2021

sacrilegiously.
_
Your "eucharist" is an abomination.

Jul 9, 2020

sacrilegiously.
_
ok. So you think there is some sort of presence of Jesus in the communion bread? So it's more than just symbolism? I had always thought it was totally symbolic.

Jul 28, 2021
ok. So you think there is some sort of presence of Jesus in the communion bread? So it's more than just symbolism? I had always thought it was totally symbolic.
Catholics believe that the wafer and wine IS Jesus. It's quite disturbing.

Jul 9, 2020
Catholics believe that the wafer and wine IS Jesus. It's quite disturbing.
Yes, all the people that departed Jesus in John6 thought the same thing.

I think @Webers.Home is protestant and he's saying he thinks there is a spiritual presence of Jesus in the communion bread. I have always thought that the communion bread was strictly symbolic. What do you think? I thought all protestants basically agreed that it's symbolic, but I guess I was wrong on that.

Jul 28, 2021

I think @Webers.Home is protestant and he's saying he thinks there is a spiritual presence of Jesus in the communion bread. I have always thought that the communion bread was strictly symbolic. What do you think? I thought all protestants basically agreed that it's symbolic, but I guess I was wrong on that.
A Protestant is just the opposite side of the coin to a Catholic. There is really no such thing as a Protestant. The Catholic church coined the phrase and it simply means people who are protesting against the Catholic religion. Christians don't do that. We have no relation to that cult, period.

Breaking bread together in remembrance of Jesus IS 100% symbolic. We do it to remember.

Jul 9, 2020
A Protestant is just the opposite side of the coin to a Catholic. There is really no such thing as a Protestant. The Catholic church coined the phrase and it simply means people who are protesting against the Catholic religion. Christians don't do that. We have no relation to that cult, period.

Breaking bread together in remembrance of Jesus IS 100% symbolic. We do it to remember.
So you're saying @Webers.Home is wrong? I've always thought that it was 100% symbolic. Now I'm starting to rethink the issue. And now I'm finding that there is a range of opinion on this. Some think it's symbolic, some think there is a spiritual presence, and some think there is a spiritual and physical presence.

So let me ask you the same question...if it is just symbolic, then how/why would it be a sin to eat it in the wrong manner? How would it be a sin against the body and blood of Jesus? I don't see the connection.

Jul 28, 2021
So you're saying @Webers.Home is wrong? I've always thought that it was 100% symbolic. Now I'm starting to rethink the issue. And now I'm finding that there is a range of opinion on this. Some think it's symbolic, some think there is a spiritual presence, and some think there is a spiritual and physical presence.

So let me ask you the same question...if it is just symbolic, then how/why would it be a sin to eat it in the wrong manner? How would it be a sin against the body and blood of Jesus? I don't see the connection.
Webers.Home is wrong about pretty much everything.

If you do not recognize the purpose of remembering what He did on the cross it is like saying that Jesus was wounded for nothing and that I am not healed by His wounds. The bread represents His broken body, for me. The cup, His blood. We acknowledge that He was wounded for our transgressions and that we are healed by His wounds. If you don't, you are partaking in an unworthy manner.

E

eternally-gratefull

Catholics Are not the only ones who take a Eucharistic bread and wine..

Jul 9, 2020
ok. so various sects of Christianity having varying beliefs about communion. Some think it's totally real. Some think it's totally symbolic. Some are sort of in between. Everyone basically thinks everyone else is wrong.

What I'm trying to figure out is why, if it's totally symbolic, would it be a sin against the body and blood of Jesus. To me that only makes sense if it is the actual body and blood of Jesus. Right? How does that not make sense? I mean if it's just a symbol, then why would it be a sin specifically against His body and blood? I mean if you take Eucharist in an unworthy manner, and that is the body and blood of Jesus, then you are obviously sinning against His body and blood. That's so simple and easy to understand. It's very compelling to me.

Now here's another thing that's bugging me about the Eucharist. If it's just a symbol, then why do satanists take such pains to get a consecrated host for their black masses?

Jul 28, 2021
ok. so various sects of Christianity having varying beliefs about communion. Some think it's totally real. Some think it's totally symbolic. Some are sort of in between. Everyone basically thinks everyone else is wrong.

What I'm trying to figure out is why, if it's totally symbolic, would it be a sin against the body and blood of Jesus. To me that only makes sense if it is the actual body and blood of Jesus. Right? How does that not make sense? I mean if it's just a symbol, then why would it be a sin specifically against His body and blood?

Now here's another thing that's bugging me about the Eucharist. If it's just a symbol, then why do satanists take such pains to get a consecrated host for their black masses?
There are no sects in Christianity. There are many sects in the world of religions, but not a one in THE CHURCH.

Satanists take pains to steal the eucharist because it is one of their own. A mass and a black mass are two steps from each other.

If you are actually considering believing that the eucharist IS Jesus Himself, please do some research into what other heresies these religions teach.

Jul 9, 2020
There are no sects in Christianity. There are many sects in the world of religions, but not a one in THE CHURCH.
ughhhh ok. So which one is "THE CHURCH"?

Satanists take pains to steal the eucharist because it is one of their own. A mass and a black mass are two steps from each other.
I have not attended a black mass, but my understanding is that they try to do everything the opposite of God's order. That doesn't sound like any mass I've been to. But then again the only mass I go to is the traditional latin variety.

If you are actually considering believing that the eucharist IS Jesus Himself, please do some research into what other heresies these religions teach.
I'm looking into all of it.

Jul 28, 2021
ughhhh ok. So which one is "THE CHURCH"?
The actual church, the bride, is comprised of all born-again believers.

I have not attended a black mass, but my understanding is that they try to do everything the opposite of God's order. That doesn't sound like any mass I've been to. But then again the only mass I go to is the traditional latin variety.
The MASS has literally nothing to do with God or His order. The Catholic mass is just as satanic as a black mass. They are brothers of the same mother, literally.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Isn't this kind of another argument that it's real and not symbolic? How would defiling a piece of bread be a sin against the body of Jesus? But if the Eucharist is real, then it's very easy to see how defiling it would be a sin against Jesus' body and blood.
I am curious what happens to Jesus in our digestive system?