Eggs.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

I'm curious as to why eggs prepared runny bother me?
I don't feel stomach cramps or upset stomach or anything negative when I eat hard, or scrambled eggs. However my favorite has always been soft whites and gooey, runny yellows.
I was thinking back to when I was a kid and most days I had for breakfast before school either toast with the gooey yolk egg on top and a big glass of milk, or pancakes/sausage/syrup and big glass of milk.
I would get to school and within a few hours have very upset stomach, never thought about or talked about as a kid, but sticks out in my mind now that I'm paying attention to food/health. I hardly ever touch pancakes anymore and when I do I go light on syrup (and use a different type than mom bought). I've cut out milk MOST of the time. I have noticed upset stomach SOMETIMES after to much milk. I've tried my egg breakfast combo with milk, had upset tummy and without milk and STILL had upset tummy.
SO I have come to the conclusion that runny egg yolk is a thing that upsets my body. I have been sticking to hard cooked and scrambled, but miss the runny stuff. Can anyone help me understand why runny yolks upset me and fully cooked do not?
Thanks so much!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Maybe because the yolks are raw, whereas scrambled and hard boiled are not.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
eggnog has raw egg, does that bother?
the milk thing, many have a gene that clicks "off" and cannot allow them to use milk as they grow up.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
the milk thing, many have a gene that clicks "off" and cannot allow them to use milk as they grow up.
Bought two one-half gallons of whole milk from Walmart yesterday and a carton of eggs too. I opened the container to check for broken ones. It's all good.

G

Godsgirl83

Bought two one-half gallons of whole milk from Walmart yesterday and a carton of eggs too. I opened the container to check for broken ones. It's all good.
But did you get the M&M's???

G

Godsgirl83

not a big eggnog fan, so couldn't say. But RAW cookie dough has never bothered me, lol.
I'm finding if I go a day or two w/o cow milk then I can indulge once in a while (like with those evil cookies, lol) w/o being bothered by it.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Watermelon season here, I love this time of year.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
That's why I like eggs over-easy, scrambled or hard boiled. The sight of the runny white part makes me sick and I can't eat them. Kinda psychosomatic with me.

G

Godsgirl83

That's why I like eggs over-easy, scrambled or hard boiled. The sight of the runny white part makes me sick and I can't eat them. Kinda psychosomatic with me.
I don't like the whites runny :sick: just the yellow..... but that seems to be upsetting my tummy:cry:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
we have these folks, they are awesome, just opening this weekend, been a very late year for growing, www.stoutsmarket.com

G

Godsgirl83

They look awesome. Gonna go get me a nice melon or 2 today.... and more bananas.
I was going to try Rosemary's mock chocolate ice cream...… only I forgot when freezing bananas to peel them first!!!!! :ROFL: before leaving for our trip I was half awake and threw the bananas in the freezer peels on. Gotta get some more and try again.