Elect according to the foreknowledge of God. 1 Peter 1:2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Go back and read. Abraham, being fully convinced god would do what he promised, had faith, and because of that God imputed Him with righteousness,

E

eternally-gratefull

I'm literally responding to what people believe. Is it a coincidence that what people believe lines up with calvinistic thinking ?
No, your not, you keep putting calvinist twists in what they say when their are non.

if this is what you are going to continue to do, I will just have to cease and desist all conversation with you, because you not being honest

E

eternally-gratefull

There are some on here also responding who are not holding to calvinistic thinking . I'm not on my own in seeing this .
There is one other person that I see, and she is just like you, on the same war path as you.

E

eternally-gratefull

What has that Got to do with the Holy Spirit?
It shows that faith comes because we are fully convinced, persuaded.

yoour not going to come to faith unless yu are convinced

E

eternally-gratefull

Until you see the problem you will defend it .
I am not defending anything, I am calling you out for wrongly accusing people and trying to put them all in the same shoe

been here done that for over a year now. Your not the only one doing this,

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I think the scriptures teach that the Holy Spirit’s power is absolutely essential to evangelism.
Rom 1 .16
16¶For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1 cor 1.21 .
21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

E

EleventhHour

Conviction of the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation, but occurs to sinners alike, regardless of consequent faith or unbelief. It is not irresistible or unconditionally selective. (Jn. 16:7-11)
7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9Of sin, because they believe not on me ;
10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12¶I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Thank you ... I think you grasped the reason for my question.

Convince and conviction are two words with different meanings.

I read conviction not convince.

E

EleventhHour

There are some on here also responding who are not holding to calvinistic thinking . I'm not on my own in seeing this .
When one really understands the flaws inherent in the tenets of Calvinism, it becomes very apparent how one has also adopted some of those ideas that are not biblical,
It take time and effort to weed it out ... Even the un-biblical tenets of Calvinism are pervasive, most writers, commentators are from that point of view.

E

EleventhHour

It is possible to resist the Holy Spirit. That is taught in scripture. As far as power being in scripture, I agree. But the fact remains that the Holy Spirit was sent to empower the apostles. And btw, WHO do you think inspired the scriptures?
You introduced the term "convinces" in this post

https://christianchat.com/threads/e...wledge-of-god-1-peter-1-2.195073/post-4384908

You have gone in a different direction.
I read "conviction" in scripture...anyway I wish you had elaborated.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
The golden chain is not a biblical phrase .
So what? It refers to the passage in Romans 8:28-30. Which states that those who God Forekew, He also predestinated, and those who He predestinated, He called, and then justified and glorified. The order is clear. But you have JUSTIFICATION BEFORE PREDESTINATION.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
How is that ' drawing ' ?

8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Jews reaching Jews. Signs accompanying them .
By what power were the signs done? Did some believe because of them?