Does that even exist? Would anger be considered an impure emotion? If so, anyone that ever gets angry is emotionally impure (AKA all of us). What is the definition of emotional purity?
The emotional purity i know is controlling your heart to fall in love to a person easily when you are not yet ready for a marriage commitment. it is like one step higher from sexual purity.
Songs 2:7b Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Ah, I was wondering that. Your original post was very vague so I was wondering if you were talking about agape love, romantic love, emotions in general or a specific set of emotions.
We are talking about romantic love here.
I don't know that falling in love, even when we probably shouldn't, makes us impure. It may not be wise, but I don't believe it is sinful in and of itself.
I think that may have something to do with it right there - language.
We throw around the word "love" and the term "falling in love" so casually; how many times have you heard someone talk about "falling in love" with someone they'd only known for a few weeks? That's not love - not true emotional love. That's infatuation, or even just flat out lust in some cases.
Pure love is pure love, and not infatuation or lust. That's not to say that you aren't able to both love purely and lust simultaneously; Song of Solomon certainly bears that out, and quite honestly, I hope that should the Lord bless me with a wife who loves me truly, she also lusts after me, too. *smirk* But love, man...love is far, far deeper than this shallow world often gives it credit for.
What is pure love? Think of someone you say you love.
They're dying.
But they can be saved.
But only if you allow yourself to be flogged to the point that your ribs are exposed. And then nailed to hunk of wood, and hung to bleed, and die.
Are you actually going to do that to save that person?
THAT'S LOVE, in purity.
I honestly believe I would take a bullet for my family members. I honestly believe I'd take a bullet for some of you here. I'd like to believe I'm a strong enough Christian to take a bullet for ANYONE, but I know the strength of my flesh. I know I'd hesitate in some cases.
How sad is that?
I think there is a big difference between love in emotional purity, and lustful thinking.
There have been instances in the past when it didn't seem that different, but with age and living in Christ, it becomes obvious.
If you need a clue, watch your older church people sometimes. You'll get it.
Well now that I know you're talking about romantic love specifically I can answer. I have no views on this, as I have never so much as been on a date before. Not because I avoid the female of the species but because I simply have not bothered trying to find THE ONE for me. So I can't really say that I know much about what it means to me.Yip! hehe. me too. i realized it was vague. so, for u @lynx, what's the implication of emotional purity?
We are talking about romantic love here.
Well now that I know you're talking about romantic love specifically I can answer. I have no views on this, as I have never so much as been on a date before. Not because I avoid the female of the species but because I simply have not bothered trying to find THE ONE for me. So I can't really say that I know much about what it means to me.
I think that term extends even to romantic love. However, you have to keep in mind what Shour said, there's a difference between infatuation, lust, and romantic love.