Encourage One Another

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I was really blessed in reading Seoul’s thread about introverts and seeing how peacefully disagreements were handled. It made me think that with the hundreds of people on here, it truly is amazing that we are able to share and learn from one another as well as disagree with each other from time to time. I loved seeing it done with love.

I felt the Lord place it on my heart to share this blessing and to encourage everyone to keep it up.

I was thinking this would be a great time to encourage one another as a group or as individuals for different things we have seen or appreciate over the years through these threads or even in more recent interactions.

At school, we often give out “brag tags”, which are basically a way to recognize kids and encourage them to keep up their hardwork in different areas. I suppose this would be the online version.

Hopefully these shoutout won’t embarrass anyone, but rather encourage you all in your walk with the Lord.

@seoulsearch - Your posts alway push me and others to think beyond the surface. You have always gracefully brought up hot topics and issues that are important to discuss in a way that allows everyone to participate in the conversation. You truly are gifted in brining people together. Thank you for that.

@Susanna - Your posts are filled with such humor and real life. I imagine you spread joy in your everyday walk.

@BrotherMike - You always share personal experience along with your opinions or thoughts and that is such a witness to others. I think it helps people more than you realize.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The problem is, most of us will probably shrug off a compliment...

https://www.gocomics.com/cats-cafe/2019/11/23

(Transcript for people who don't like to click on links a random person posted on a forum: )
CHIPMUNK: Wow, Gator! Your art is really amazing!
GATOR: It still needs a lot of work.
CHIPMUNK: You have a lot of talent!
GATOR: I'm not as good as others.
CHIPMUNK: ... (fuming)
CHIPMUNK: (jumps at Gator) I LOVE YOUR WORK! ACCEPT MY PRAISE!
GATOR: Th-thanks Chipper.
CHIPMUNK: ^.^ You're welcome!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I would like to say thanks OnceFallen for riding herd on this room full of cats. Especially thanks for tossing out the occasional snake. And thanks for having patience as a lot of us cats call other cats snakes all the time. :whistle:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I would say something about how love_comes_softly always seems to put a lot of thought in all her posts... but I have to face her in chat every day and I don't want her to think I'm being a suck-up. So I won't mention that. :unsure: :sneaky:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
@love_comes_softly -- Thank you so much, and you are one of the most understanding, encouraging people I know. The CC community and your students are very blessed to have you!

For the people we always see greeting newcomers and posting encouragement: @Deade, @Magenta, @danja, @oyster67, @blue_ladybug, @TabinRivCA (I'm sorry for anyone I've missed) -- but I know I see these members regularly greeting new members and it is much appreciated.

@JesusLives, @tourist, @melita916, @PennEd, @mailmandan, and all our regular married friends who take the time to visit us in singles, thank you for talking with us but for not talking down to us. Thank you for letting us know what married life is really like, lest we singles let our heads get too lost in the clouds.

@calibob and all those who work so hard to help others struggling with life-long battles and for giving them a safe place for support.

@BenFTW -- Thank you for all of your insightful questions, and for replying in such a calm manner even when we don't see eye-to-eye.

@Lynx -- Thank you for not insulting or telling me I'm too stupid to understand something even when could easily do that just because you've explained it 20 times and I still ask you to explain it JUST ONE more time, in a slightly different way. And thanks for allowing me to disagree with you now and then (or every other day, whichever comes first.) :D

@Butterflyy, @MegMarch, @Kojikun, @Going_Nowhere -- Thank you for sharing your insights and perspectives! I always find your points of view to be slightly different than most I've heard and that's something I really enjoy about your posts, because it teaches me to look at things in a different way.

@Subhumanoidal -- Thank you for being willing to share some of your personal battles. You've shared lots of practical knowledge about how to deal with depression and anxiety, and it's been very helpful.

@tinkerbell, @Mel85, @Susanna, @Poinsetta -- I always appreciate your sense of humor and keen insights. Susanna, I wish you wouldn't call yourself an old lady. :( It ain't over for us yet! :D

@BrotherMike, @17Bees, @zeroturbulence, @JustEli -- I always appreciate your sense of humor and the stories you bring to the threads. Your posts are always interesting reads.

@Lanolin and @morefaithrequired -- Keep talking to us! :) The more you share, the more interested I am in your stories.

@TamLynn, @Pipp, @LittleMermaid -- I get the feeling a person could tell you the very worst about their life, and you would just hug them and say, "I'm with you! Let's pray through this together!" Thank you for being that person, because that's very rare to find.

@Dino and @cinder -- Thanks for some of the punniest puns the forum has to offer! :D

@OneOfHis -- Thanks for not deleting ALL of what you have to say -- and letting us get to know you!

OK, I know I'm overlooking some people here and I'm SORRY for that... but I was trying to include everyone I've seen in the threads lately.

The bottom line is, every time a post is made in the mind frame of sharing/helping others, it always blesses SOMEONE here, even if it's someone who never says (types) a word, so everyone is needed here, and everyone's posts reach out to someone, so keep on posting! :cool:

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Of course, you left out Seoulsearch herself! The Grand Poobah of opening threat... I mean threads. If you ever go missing again I'm writing a strongly worded letter to the central intelligence agency and department of defense demanding your return. They always try to hide angels like yourself from the general public. Makes them look bad.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
For everyone : Be encouraged.

1577661208654.jpeg

Hebrews 12:1-2

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
@love_comes_softly -- Thank you so much, and you are one of the most understanding, encouraging people I know. The CC community and your students are very blessed to have you!

For the people we always see greeting newcomers and posting encouragement: @Deade, @Magenta, @danja, @oyster67, @blue_ladybug, @TabinRivCA (I'm sorry for anyone I've missed) -- but I know I see these members regularly greeting new members and it is much appreciated.

@JesusLives, @tourist, @melita916, @PennEd, @mailmandan, and all our regular married friends who take the time to visit us in singles, thank you for talking with us but for not talking down to us. Thank you for letting us know what married life is really like, lest we singles let our heads get too lost in the clouds.

@calibob and all those who work so hard to help others struggling with life-long battles and for giving them a safe place for support.

@BenFTW -- Thank you for all of your insightful questions, and for replying in such a calm manner even when we don't see eye-to-eye.

@Lynx -- Thank you for not insulting or telling me I'm too stupid to understand something even when could easily do that just because you've explained it 20 times and I still ask you to explain it JUST ONE more time, in a slightly different way. And thanks for allowing me to disagree with you now and then (or every other day, whichever comes first.) :D

@Butterflyy, @MegMarch, @Kojikun, @Going_Nowhere -- Thank you for sharing your insights and perspectives! I always find your points of view to be slightly different than most I've heard and that's something I really enjoy about your posts, because it teaches me to look at things in a different way.

@Subhumanoidal -- Thank you for being willing to share some of your personal battles. You've shared lots of practical knowledge about how to deal with depression and anxiety, and it's been very helpful.

@tinkerbell, @Mel85, @Susanna, @Poinsetta -- I always appreciate your sense of humor and keen insights. Susanna, I wish you wouldn't call yourself an old lady. :( It ain't over for us yet! :D

@BrotherMike, @17Bees, @zeroturbulence, @JustEli -- I always appreciate your sense of humor and the stories you bring to the threads. Your posts are always interesting reads.

@Lanolin and @morefaithrequired -- Keep talking to us! :) The more you share, the more interested I am in your stories.

@TamLynn, @Pipp, @LittleMermaid -- I get the feeling a person could tell you the very worst about their life, and you would just hug them and say, "I'm with you! Let's pray through this together!" Thank you for being that person, because that's very rare to find.

@Dino and @cinder -- Thanks for some of the punniest puns the forum has to offer! :D

@OneOfHis -- Thanks for not deleting ALL of what you have to say -- and letting us get to know you!

OK, I know I'm overlooking some people here and I'm SORRY for that... but I was trying to include everyone I've seen in the threads lately.

The bottom line is, every time a post is made in the mind frame of sharing/helping others, it always blesses SOMEONE here, even if it's someone who never says (types) a word, so everyone is needed here, and everyone's posts reach out to someone, so keep on posting! :cool:
Thank you for mentioning me ❤️🙂

S

Susanna

Well, I’m just saying that to make people say “Nooo, you’re not old etc😂😁”, but some guy out in some political thread took that very literally and called me an old hag😂. That sure didn’t unfold as planned😂.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Of course, you left out Seoulsearch herself! The Grand Poobah of opening threat... I mean threads. If you ever go missing again I'm writing a strongly worded letter to the central intelligence agency and department of defense demanding your return. They always try to hide angels like yourself from the general public. Makes them look bad.
Would you believe I left because I was in search of a boyfriend?

Nah. I wouldn't believe that either. :geek:

Sometimes life gets rocky... and being the Grand Poobah of the opening threat is a nice way to escape for a while. :)

Thanks very kindly and it's great to see you back, Bees. You have a writing style unlike anything I've ever read -- you could make a story about grocery shopping into a full-blown nail-biter of a suspense novel -- and the forum is greatly uplifted every time you come back.

Thank you for mentioning me ❤️🙂
You're most welcome, Poinsetta. I enjoy your mems and gifs, but most of all, I enjoy it most when you share something about you!

For everyone who wasn't mentioned but frequents the Singles forum, please drop a post to wave and say, "Hey, I'm over here! Let me tell you some things about me so that I can be included in these threads, too!"

Speaking of which, @kinda, you speak the words of heaven, but you have a devil of a sense of humor, lol. :devilish: I especially enjoyed your disclaimer in a previous post.

Please keep on going. :)

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Bible does say to uplift and encourage each other. This world is a crazy place to live in!

As far as encouragement, one thing comes to mind and that is how much our Father loves us. Every gift, ability, talent, or anointing comes from Him. It's so passionate, powerful, and personal and there is no greater love than His. He is always good, all the time, even in our darkest hour or question why this was allowed to happen. Have faith and trust in Him He wants what's best for us. Isn't it amazing how we were chosen from Him? It's a humble feeling to think about.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018

Wow, I didn’t receive a notification for this, but glad I popped through - Kim, you’ve always been a super independent strong figure on CC who always brings interesting ideas/concepts in threads. You’re those types of people who make anyone and everyone included and that’s one thing I admire about you ☺️❤️

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
aw thanks for mentioning me. I thought not many people would be interested in my stories. maybe could make a thread called Storytime with Lanolin and Morefaithrequired.

I remember one time I had a class in the library, and I asked the class if they wanted to hear a story and only two children put their hands up. So I said well the rest of you can go off and find your books, Im going to a read a story with these two.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018

Do you believe we are a move of God?

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I was really blessed in reading Seoul’s thread about introverts and seeing how peacefully disagreements were handled. It made me think that with the hundreds of people on here, it truly is amazing that we are able to share and learn from one another as well as disagree with each other from time to time. I loved seeing it done with love.

I felt the Lord place it on my heart to share this blessing and to encourage everyone to keep it up.

I was thinking this would be a great time to encourage one another as a group or as individuals for different things we have seen or appreciate over the years through these threads or even in more recent interactions.

At school, we often give out “brag tags”, which are basically a way to recognize kids and encourage them to keep up their hardwork in different areas. I suppose this would be the online version.

Hopefully these shoutout won’t embarrass anyone, but rather encourage you all in your walk with the Lord.

@seoulsearch - Your posts alway push me and others to think beyond the surface. You have always gracefully brought up hot topics and issues that are important to discuss in a way that allows everyone to participate in the conversation. You truly are gifted in brining people together. Thank you for that.

@Susanna - Your posts are filled with such humor and real life. I imagine you spread joy in your everyday walk.

@BrotherMike - You always share personal experience along with your opinions or thoughts and that is such a witness to others. I think it helps people more than you realize.
@love_comes_softly I must admit, I have not read much that you have shared. But I will say that it is such a blessing that you followed God for this thread.
In this life, there are a long line of people who will try to tear people down. To have a thread devoted to the building up of others is truly a blessing. Thank God he placed this on your heart and the desire to share it with others....🤗

L

LordsHandmaiden

We are not alone in our walk with God yet we stand before Him as individuals.

He collectively see us ( those who are redeemed) as His bride.

His kingdom is not a place of jealousy,strife,vanity,anger, nor lack of love.

We act so like roaches in a glass at times trying to climb over one another.

We are to love the brethren ,bear one another's burdens, lift up even pull from the fire those that are His.

Without rain a garden dries up and dies.
Without encouragement a person falters and falls.

Let us rejoice in the unity of His Spirit,let us love to the sacrifice of ourselves to one another for greater love has no man than this!

May we encourage and be encouraged in Him! Amen!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
We are not alone in our walk with God yet we stand before Him as individuals.

He collectively see us ( those who are redeemed) as His bride.

His kingdom is not a place of jealousy,strife,vanity,anger, nor lack of love.

We act so like roaches in a glass at times trying to climb over one another.

We are to love the brethren ,bear one another's burdens, lift up even pull from the fire those that are His.

Without rain a garden dries up and dies.
Without encouragement a person falters and falls.

Let us rejoice in the unity of His Spirit,let us love to the sacrifice of ourselves to one another for greater love has no man than this!

May we encourage and be encouraged in Him! Amen!
Well said🤗!