End Times Timeline

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I know you can't see this, but the purpose of Jacobs trouble was to separate the wheat from the chaff. The wheat, Christ gathered into his barn, the church. The chaff, he burnt in the fire of AD 70.

The WHOLE end times scenario in the bible is about the END OF ISRAEL, not the end of this planet. The kingdom was TAKEN from the Jews and given to Heavenly Jerusalem, a people made up of all races including Jews.

(Amo 8:2) And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.

There are no if's, and's, or but's about it. God CLEARLY says in Amos that he is done with the nation of Israel and will NEVER PASS BY THEM AGAIN.

All of that happened during the time of Jacob's trouble when SUMMER came and the SUMMER FRUIT was gathered.
Your right I cant see it, I see however what the word says.

3 For behold, the days are coming,’ says the Lord, ‘that I will bring back from captivity My people Israel and Judah,’ says the Lord. ‘And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.’ ” 4 Now these are the words that the Lord spoke concerning Israel and Judah.

Alas! For that day is great,
So that none is like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble,
But he shall be saved out of it.

8 ‘For it shall come to pass in that day,’
Says the Lord of hosts,

That I will break his yoke from your neck,
And will burst your bonds;
Foreigners shall no more enslave them.
9 But they shall serve the Lord their God,
And David their king,
Whom I will raise up for them.

10 ‘Therefore do not fear, O My servant Jacob,’ says the Lord,
‘Nor be dismayed, O Israel;

For behold, I will save you from afar,
And your seed from the land of their captivity.
Jacob shall return, have rest and be quiet,

And no one shall make him afraid.
11 For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you;
Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you,
Yet I will not make a complete end of you.
But I will correct you in justice,
And will not let you go altogether unpunished.’

See, What you said above, and what I read in Jeremiah 30 do not match up. I must go with scripture

E

eternally-gratefull

The people of the Prince was Babylon, nebuchadnezzar they came in to destroyed the sanctuary & Jewusalem.
Daniel wrote the prophecy after that event took place. he was already enslaved in babylon

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I'm pretty sure he has me on ignore lol.

It's straight forward verses like in Amos that lead us to truth. Amos is clear that earthly Jerusalem and the Jewish people would come to an end. One reason there is so much confusion around end times is because people don't recognize that it's the end times of the nation of Israel.

If the last days were the last days of earth, why would the writer of Acts say that those were the last days?

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Peter called his time the last days, so did Paul and James. They knew it was the last days for the kingdom of Israel.
In Early Acts, the kingdom was still at hand. If the Jews would have received Peter’s preaching, Daniel’s 70th week would have resumed and the Lord’s second coming.

Let me look at Amos a bit.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
I'm pretty sure he has me on ignore lol.

It's straight forward verses like in Amos that lead us to truth. Amos is clear that earthly Jerusalem and the Jewish people would come to an end. One reason there is so much confusion around end times is because people don't recognize that it's the end times of the nation of Israel.

If the last days were the last days of earth, why would the writer of Acts say that those were the last days?

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Peter called his time the last days, so did Paul and James. They knew it was the last days for the kingdom of Israel.
When Steven was stoned. was the end of the Jewish nation.
Jesus was killed in the middle of the week in 3 and a half years later Steven was stone, Jesus was cut off in the middle of the week, and 3 & half years later Steven was stoned, this was the end of the Jewish nation as god's people, when JESUS was killed it stopped the sacrifice & oblation , and it tells us that he was not cut off for HIMSELF, HE was cut off for us. Daniel 9:25-26

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Thessalonians 2:3-9
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

revelation 13

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

_____

Is this not the same to you @KJV1611

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Lol no. Not to us gentiles. Dietary laws given to the Jews do not apply to us today.
That was not the law that was done away with, It was only the things that was against us, JESUS DIEING on the cross did not make the unclean animal clean,

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
That was not the law that was done away with, It was only the things that was against us, JESUS DIEING on the cross did not make the unclean animal clean,
Ok well maybe I misunderstand your point.

Do you believe it is sin to eat pork?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Ok well maybe I misunderstand your point.

Do you believe it is sin to eat pork?
If you know the truth about them, & know that they are unclean , YES ,But GOD is ONLY going to judge us for what we know, Unless HE sends us truth & we don't want it, Then yes again

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
If you know the truth about them, & know that they are unclean , YES ,But GOD is ONLY going to judge us for what we know, Unless HE sends us truth & we don't want it, Then yes again
So you don't believe God can clean an "unclean" animal through prayer?

I happen to pray over all my meals and not be convicted for eating pork.

There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:

He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.

And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that waited on him continually;

And when he had declared all these things unto them, he sent them to Joppa.

On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

^

Apr 3, 2019
John in his revelation places the time of the sixth plague in the days of the women who wept for him when he was being led to his crucifixion:

(Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood)

(Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb)

John is obviously in the above referring back to Jesus' statement in Luke as a time indicator for his readers:

(Luke 23:28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.)

(Luke 23:29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.)

(Luke 23:30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.)

The above therefore places the sixth seal in the lifetimes of the women in Luke. And the seventh would follow in the same time frame.

Nov 23, 2013
Your right I cant see it, I see however what the word says.

3 For behold, the days are coming,’ says the Lord, ‘that I will bring back from captivity My people Israel and Judah,’ says the Lord. ‘And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.’ ” 4 Now these are the words that the Lord spoke concerning Israel and Judah.

Alas! For that day is great,
So that none is like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble,
But he shall be saved out of it.

8 ‘For it shall come to pass in that day,’
Says the Lord of hosts,

That I will break his yoke from your neck,
And will burst your bonds;
Foreigners shall no more enslave them.
9 But they shall serve the Lord their God,
And David their king,
Whom I will raise up for them.

10 ‘Therefore do not fear, O My servant Jacob,’ says the Lord,
‘Nor be dismayed, O Israel;

For behold, I will save you from afar,
And your seed from the land of their captivity.
Jacob shall return, have rest and be quiet,

And no one shall make him afraid.
11 For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you;
Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you,
Yet I will not make a complete end of you.
But I will correct you in justice,
And will not let you go altogether unpunished.’

See, What you said above, and what I read in Jeremiah 30 do not match up. I must go with scripture
If you continue to read that story, you will come to the verse that gives the time frame of Jacob's trouble. Jacob's trouble and the restitution of Israel HAPPEN when "Rachel weeps for her children because they WERE MURDERED by Herod".

(Jer 31:15) Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.

Jeremiah 30 and 31 were fulfilled when Herod killed the babies... that my friend was the start of Jacob's Trouble.

(Mat 2:17) Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,
(Mat 2:18) In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

That's why I participate in these discussions. I've been looking for years to find something concrete in the bible that ties the day of the Lord to the first coming of Christ.

Thank you!