Epidemic of childless and miserable 40+ women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Yes! It's really in those moments when you are just absolutely exhausted from chasing a 3 year old while trying to stay on a newborn's feeding schedule that you can be tempted to be jealous. Those are truly long days, weeks, and months that probably only stay at home mom can truly understand, but we get through it with the Lord's help and having a good family structure. It gets easier after that and easier to see how rewarding our sacrifices are.
I've never regretted it. There is no more important job on this earth.

Jan 16, 2011
But what happened to the relationship? If u don't mind me asking...

I just started a new chapter... I turned a van into a camper and I'm on the road...😆😆😆
Eh yolo... U know what im saying...
I always wanted to do it and covid kind of pushed me further into it...
Why did the relationship end? I was debating whether to answer this on such a public thread. I wasn’t living a very Christian life at the time when we met, and in the end our beliefs just didn’t align. I started reconnecting with God. We hung in there longer than we should have. I was looking for someone to encourage me to be more Christ like... he was looking for someone to encourage him to be the man he wanted to be. In the end we couldn’t do that for each other. It was amicable but sad... we remain friends.
Did you convert a van into a camper yourself? Very cool. Hope you are having loads of fun so far. 😀😀

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Why did the relationship end? I was debating whether to answer this on such a public thread. I wasn’t living a very Christian life at the time when we met, and in the end our beliefs just didn’t align. I started reconnecting with God. We hung in there longer than we should have. I was looking for someone to encourage me to be more Christ like... he was looking for someone to encourage him to be the man he wanted to be. In the end we couldn’t do that for each other. It was amicable but sad... we remain friends.
Did you convert a van into a camper yourself? Very cool. Hope you are having loads of fun so far. 😀😀
Ye fair enough. We all have our own paths to take and crosses to carry... But there was no hard feelings which I think helps going forward... Hopefully you will find the right guy one day...

As for my life on the road... @saintrose asked as well...

Iv been here a month and I'm thinking of staying here... Tasmania... It reminds me of Victoria 20 years ago. The government still works for the communities. Not the other way around. People care about people.

If there was a person lying in the gutter in Melbourne or Sydney, how many people would pass by before someone asked if they were OK? Too many. People walk by the homeless without even a thought. Last time I was in Melbourne I bought food and sat with a homeless person to eat and talk for about 30mins.. There was nothing wrong with this soul and I felt good about just helping him in a small way. The talk was more helpful than the food I think. Just so they know that not everyone in the world is so cold...

It's a rat race in the city... It's darkness pentrares the hearts of people... Out here... Man... Strangers wave to you and say hi... I thought this was abnormal behaviour at first... "Don't talk to strangers" we're taught in the city... Why not. Cos one in every 50,000 person is a psycopath... BS

Só if we can't talk to strangers how are we ever meant to even meet people... It's such a stupid paradox that goes against Christ's most imprtant command after love God... Love each other. Just a simple hello to a stranger is an expression on love, respect...

IV been pulled over twice by cops and they don't know my "police history" here. I'm not branded like I am in Vic which is sweet.

I'll post some pretty pics when I'm on my laptop next time

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Ye fair enough. We all have our own paths to take and crosses to carry... But there was no hard feelings which I think helps going forward... Hopefully you will find the right guy one day...

Iv been here a month and I'm thinking of staying here... Tasmania... It reminds me of Victoria 20 years ago. The government still works for the communities. Not the other way around. People care about people.

If there was a person lying in the gutter in Melbourne or Sydney, how many people would pass by before someone asked if they were OK? Too many. People walk by the homeless without even a thought. Last time I was in Melbourne I bought food and sat with a homeless person to eat and talk for about 30mins.. There was nothing wrong with this soul and I felt good about just helping him in a small way. The talk was more helpful than the food I think. Just so they know that not everyone in the world is so cold...

It's a rat race in the city... It's darkness pentrares the hearts of people... Out here... Man... Strangers wave to you and say hi... I thought this was abnormal behaviour at first... "Don't talk to strangers" we're taught in the city... Why not. Cos one in every 50,000 person is a psycopath... BS

Só if we can't talk to strangers how are we ever meant to even meet people... It's such a stupid paradox that goes against Christ's most imprtant command after love God... Love each other. Just a simple hello to a stranger is an expression on love, respect...

IV been pulled over twice by cops and they don't know my "police history" here. I'm not branded like I am in Vic which is sweet.

Lake St Clair is a beautiful place to visit in Tassie as well as Craddle Mountain. It is truly beautiful and so peaceful, worth a visit if you have not already done so.

saintrose

May 9, 2020

I have actually thought of leaving America - which has become a police state. Police shot to death our neighbor's unarmed grandson and then railroaded the family. They beat up and robbed my brother. They sexually molested my friend's daughter. It was right on video and nothing was done to the cops. It is unsafe in America now not because of criminals but because of police.

It's getting worse with Fusion centers and tightening the noose around us so that every action is surveilled. It's sickeningly CREEPY to have some psychopath sticking their nose up your backside watching your every move trying to catch you do "something." And if you don't do "something" they'll invent it.

Police pulled over our neighbor's son and searched his car. The cop sneered "I'll just say i found drugs in the roof of your car. Who do you think the judge is going to believe you or me?" So the young guy got scared he was being set up and ran. When he ran he brushed the cop and they charged him with assault on a cop. It's insane. You have the fox guarding the henhouse. People with psychological bullying issues given authority and a gun and this is what you get: an oppressed, frightening populace.

The entire gang of cops beat Freddy Gray so badly the SEVERED HIS SPINE! ONLY ANIMALS DO THAT! RABID ANIMALS.

I saw how rotten society has become when I went to a ballgame. Those kids were VULGAR. What was worse was that NO ONE STOPPED OR CORRECTED THEM. They said the worst, most filthy things to one another and all the parents and coaches sat around like dumbbells! I truly felt I was in some dystopian nightmare. The pitcher was the worst! A skinny, pimply-faced BIG MOUTH who stood screaming at all the other kids for dropping the ball when he flubbed the ball many times. His parents were two school teachers who sat behind me and said NOT ONE WORD as their kid shouted obscenities to other kids.

He then yelled at someone I know and I cut loose. I yelled at that boy. My family sat there shushing me like cowards. Then I yelled at the coach - who I knew - and told him to control the kids. It wasn't his fault though. These are generations of little HELLIONS raised on Beevis and Butthead and Simpsons, Madonna, JLo and all the other paid puppets. It's so very sad that this has happened and Americans sit back like lunks doing nothing.

America would be far better off if everyone threw their TV's out.

So I want to get out of the country. I do not feel safe here anymore. It's corrupt.

I've heard of Tasmania - I'm going to look into it. I don't know that i can leave but if God ordains it I will. I told Him I don't want to live in this sinful filth anymore. They're going after CHILDREN for God's sake!

T

TheIndianGirl

Married 27 years is a feat to accomplish in today's society! You are wise in treasuring your wife and kudos to her for treating you like a king! It's good to hear that as it motivates me to want to do better. We're about 42 years. Congrats on the grandchild!!!!!! There is NOTHING on this earth more precious! So good to hear that!

*I really hope that someone on here is inspired to adopt. You are needed much more than you know. Many children fall into the wrong hands - I saw this in our old neighborhood - and by you adopting you could save that child. Our neighbor adopted a young boy who is now a teen and he's such a nice kid. I was in a bad way one day and he spotted me and came over and carried all of my groceries in the house.

I hope that if you've thought about it you take the next step because you are needed.
Adoption today presents new challenges. It's not like the old days where one adopted a lonely orphan and you feel like the child is truly your own. Nowaways adopted children come with a lot of string attached such as birth parents who want to keep in touch with the child, and the adopted children who later contact birth parents via social media and form a relationship with them. Nowadays adoptions cause a lot of heartbreak and possible drama with the child's birth family; parents who plan to adopt should prepare for this.

Jan 16, 2011

It sounds like just what you needed...a fresh start in a new town.

Tassie is beautiful... can’t wait to see pictures. 😀

Jul 9, 2020
I have actually thought of leaving America - which has become a police state. Police shot to death our neighbor's unarmed grandson and then railroaded the family. They beat up and robbed my brother. They sexually molested my friend's daughter. It was right on video and nothing was done to the cops. It is unsafe in America now not because of criminals but because of police.

It's getting worse with Fusion centers and tightening the noose around us so that every action is surveilled. It's sickeningly CREEPY to have some psychopath sticking their nose up your backside watching your every move trying to catch you do "something." And if you don't do "something" they'll invent it.

Police pulled over our neighbor's son and searched his car. The cop sneered "I'll just say i found drugs in the roof of your car. Who do you think the judge is going to believe you or me?" So the young guy got scared he was being set up and ran. When he ran he brushed the cop and they charged him with assault on a cop. It's insane. You have the fox guarding the henhouse. People with psychological bullying issues given authority and a gun and this is what you get: an oppressed, frightening populace.

The entire gang of cops beat Freddy Gray so badly the SEVERED HIS SPINE! ONLY ANIMALS DO THAT! RABID ANIMALS.

I saw how rotten society has become when I went to a ballgame. Those kids were VULGAR. What was worse was that NO ONE STOPPED OR CORRECTED THEM. They said the worst, most filthy things to one another and all the parents and coaches sat around like dumbbells! I truly felt I was in some dystopian nightmare. The pitcher was the worst! A skinny, pimply-faced BIG MOUTH who stood screaming at all the other kids for dropping the ball when he flubbed the ball many times. His parents were two school teachers who sat behind me and said NOT ONE WORD as their kid shouted obscenities to other kids.

He then yelled at someone I know and I cut loose. I yelled at that boy. My family sat there shushing me like cowards. Then I yelled at the coach - who I knew - and told him to control the kids. It wasn't his fault though. These are generations of little HELLIONS raised on Beevis and Butthead and Simpsons, Madonna, JLo and all the other paid puppets. It's so very sad that this has happened and Americans sit back like lunks doing nothing.

America would be far better off if everyone threw their TV's out.

So I want to get out of the country. I do not feel safe here anymore. It's corrupt.

I've heard of Tasmania - I'm going to look into it. I don't know that i can leave but if God ordains it I will. I told Him I don't want to live in this sinful filth anymore. They're going after CHILDREN for God's sake!
What state are you in?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Lake St Clair is a beautiful place to visit in Tassie as well as Craddle Mountain. It is truly beautiful and so peaceful, worth a visit if you have not already done so.
Ah so uv been here... The problem is that there are too many places to visit... LoL

Im sure iv seen Lake St Clair on a sign somewhere. I did go to cradle mountain, did a medium length hike, got some nice shots.

When it rains, i try and head to a waterfall. There are tons of them

There is a 1MB limit on uploading pics so iv had to reduce size and quality but these are some of the places of been to...
Im actually juggling too many cameras. A Canon camcorder holds my best shots. Iv got a Gopro that i use when mountain biking. And my Old Galaxy phone which these are off.

Montezuma falls... Tallest is Tassie at over 400m. Truly spectacular
20210330_142614s.jpg

Sunset over Lake Pedder
20210402_193640s.jpg

The beautiful cascades of dip falls are probably my 2nd fave...
20210328_110412s.jpg

Iv been all around but there just 3 cool pics that i thought id share

U know Job 38 where God is telling him all those wonderful things.
Where does this water come from?
Who sent it down this cliff?
Who keeps feeding it?
Who sets the suns and picks it up again?

I love that chapter, its so humbling

Actually is Lake St Clare next to Cradle Mountain? It might be the lake in the foreground of my best pics of it

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Ah so uv been here... The problem is that there are too many places to visit... LoL

Im sure iv seen Lake St Clair on a sign somewhere. I did go to cradle mountain, did a medium length hike, got some nice shots.

There is a 1MB limit on uploading pics so iv had to reduce size and quality but these are some of the places of been to...
Im actually juggling too many cameras. A Canon camcorder holds my best shots. Iv got a Gopro that i use when mountain biking. And my Old Galaxy phone which these are off.

View attachment 226942

Sunset over Lake Pedder
View attachment 226943

View attachment 226944

Who keeps feeding it?

Actually is Lake St Clare next to Cradle Mountain? It might be the lake in the foreground of my best pics of it
Yes I went there a few years ago. My friend was working at Cradle Mountain at the time so I visited. It is a very nice place and very peaceful. Nice to spend if we are indeed approaching the end times. At this stage I am unsure if we are. I guess time will tell.

Nice photos. I love water falls too. Tassie is beautiful but probably a bit too cold for me. Enjoy your travels.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
My younger sister was not able to have children, it turned out to be her husband was the problem. My sister was relieved to find out it wasn't caused by her.

She got into animals and exercise. I had 4 children, watching them grow up was such a rewarding, rich time in my and my husband's lives. Now we have 6 1/2 grandchildren. One is due in April 21.

I always felt sorry my sister was not able to have children. Although it was a worry to her, especially in her late 30s and early 40s, she seemed to get stuck. I find she is not able to cope with much, never having had to cope with sick and injured kids, let alone scheduling them for church and music lessons and sports. She was never exposed to the problems and solutions needed to raise 4 healthy, happy kids. I put my life into my children, and got back so much more! Whereas my sister is overwhelmed by simple issues. I think women, for sure, maybe men, don't grow up until they are raising children. At 67 my life is so happy and calm, and lots of that was from being a busy mother, who worked part time teaching, for the extra money we needed to raise them.

I know there are people that can't have children, and others that don't want children. But I think they are missing out on some of the most joyful times of life. For those that can't have children, but want them, it is a tragedy. God has been so good to my husband and I, giving us healthy, ambitious and hard working children, who have grown to be good parents to their children!!

Jan 16, 2011

View attachment 226942

Sunset over Lake Pedder
View attachment 226943

View attachment 226944

Who keeps feeding it?

Nothing like nature to appreciate God’s awesomeness....
Stunning pictures. Thanks for sharing.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
I hope that this post does not offend anyone who has chosen to be childless. I had an experience where my sister chose to be childless and I made the mistake of sharing my children's phone numbers with her. She actually tried to take over my family. It was a battle to get her out of their lives when she began causing trouble. She made the mistake of running me down to one of my children who went back at her when they saw what she was doing. She reminded me of that bird that goes around sitting on any nest of eggs it finds and sits in the nest of another bird's eggs.

It got me thinking about the number of young women who have chosen a career over a family. I looked it up and was shocked that psychologists have found great misery in 40 - something's who chose career instead of a family. That describes my sister. I tried to get her to adopt several times but she refused. I don't know why. I think she was in denial about it.

Has anyone else encountered these women or this type of situation?

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/feminist-lies-that-are-making-women-miserable.8578/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...atable-reason-career-women-end-childless.html

https://www.returnofkings.com/116603/20-reasons-why-modern-women-are-so-unstable-and-miserable
Not personally encountered this. Am childfree by choice and happy myself and I have another friend who is like me. Most of my friends do have children. I have heard about this so no doubt it happens.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
God ordained families and children for women (as well as men). Therefore Paul encouraged the younger widows to get married, bear children, and manage their households.

The single state is an anomaly, and celibacy is an abomination when you look at the results. Genesis 1 tells us what humanity is expected to do. John 3 tells us that all must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ in order to be rightly related to God.
I may be an abomination but God calls me
His own dear child! 😀😁😂

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Im actually juggling too many cameras. A Canon camcorder holds my best shots. Iv got a
Gopro that i use when mountain biking. And my Old Galaxy phone which these are off.
If you use postimages.org (which is an image hosting site) you can resize on upload to 640 pixels wide, which is plenty large enough, and then select the direct link from the second line of links provided, to copy and paste into the appropriate image tags. I save the image file urls in a document for such, so that if I want to post the same image again, I simply search the document for it by name. Another plus to using urls -as opposed to posting directly from your device- is that images posted by url transfer if/when your post is quoted, whereas images straight from your computer do not (a link to the image is provided). You do not need to register to use postimages, nor will they delete your images at any time, though you can if you also save the page link when you upload it. The delete option is right at or near the bottom of links provided :)

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
More and more people i know are deciding to live a full life without having a family or a partner.
Naturally they have challenges and quieter days.
But, overall, they seems to be way happier than those in a relationship or with children. They also seem to be more willing to do volunteering and keep themselves in great shape by attending more sports events.
Society seems to think it is ok to comment on women's bodies and life choices in a very patronizing way.

K

kaylagrl

More and more people i know are deciding to live a full life without having a family or a partner.
Naturally they have challenges and quieter days.
But, overall, they seems to be way happier than those in a relationship or with children. They also seem to be more willing to do volunteering and keep themselves in great shape by attending more sports events.
Society seems to think it is ok to comment on women's bodies and life choices in a very patronizing way.

Can you be a little more clear what you mean here?