Eternal sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Sorry, peeps if this is on the wrong board. If it is, then I would greatly appreciate if you could move it.

Okay, I’m a bit concerned about something called the “Eternal sin” or better know as the “Unpardonable sin” (Mark 3:28-30) When I heard about it curses instantly crossed my mind, I kept having thoughts like “he’s evil” or curses calling him a demon (I don’t believe he’s evil or a demon, I know he’s good but still these things came to my mind” and more bad stuff. Have I done the unpardonable sin? I’m concerned that maybe God doesn’t love me anymore, mabye he has abandoned me, or even mabye I did it? I’ve heard stuff about the unpardonable sin like “The unpardonable sin is unbelief” I simply do not believe in that because: 1, there are lots of people who did NOT believe in God, but then turned their life around and were forgiven. Next I heard about how it’s un duplicatable today, and another how it cannot be done in your mind, and one other one about how it’s not merely words you actually must BELIEVE in your HEART that He was that. I don’t have these thoughts as much as I used to but I feel like I’m at the end of my rope and there’s no hope for me. I feel depressed and cannot get over it. I feel like I cannot be happy again. I have asked God to remove these Blasphemous thoughts, and temptations to do it from my head, but I do not feel like he’s listening. Is there hope for someone like me?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
The passage in Mark 3 gives a clear context of the "unpardonable sin", and shows us it is essentially the sin of unbelief.

If you want to ignore that, and convince yourself it's something else, and go around terrified and paranoid.... then that's a conscious choice you can make if you like.

Your choice.

If people have explained the Bible on a simple issue, and you don't want to believe it...
that's your choice.

You can choose to spend your life in abject fear is that is what you truly want.

--------

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Slow down there mate …
stumbling, wandering off track, faltering, relapses, and the like are not unpardonable
no one is perfect and so we all need to humble ourselves and seek contrition and repentance daily

BUT there is one sin described by Jesus and referred to in 1John that will not be pardoned
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the
Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaks against the Holy Ghost,
it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Matthew 12:

This is when people call the gospel and the gifts of the Holy Spirit today as being demonic / satanic.

Unfortunately this continues today and for example many people (even here on CC) call out speaking in tongues today
as demonic and that miracles and other works by the Holy Spirit as false wonders and false miracles performed by Satan.

There will be a day of reckoning.

Jun 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Slow down there mate …
stumbling, wandering off track, faltering, relapses, and the like are not unpardonable
no one is perfect and so we all need to humble ourselves and seek contrition and repentance daily

BUT there is one sin described by Jesus and referred to in 1John that will not be pardoned
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the
32 And whosoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaks against the Holy Ghost,
it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Matthew 12:

This is when people call the gospel and the gifts of the Holy Spirit today as being demonic / satanic.

Unfortunately this continues today and for example many people (even here on CC) call out speaking in tongues today
as demonic and that miracles and other works by the Holy Spirit as false wonders and false miracles performed by Satan.

does that mean i have done it?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Sorry, peeps if this is on the wrong board. If it is, then I would greatly appreciate if you could move it.

Okay, I’m a bit concerned about something called the “Eternal sin” or better know as the “Unpardonable sin” (Mark 3:28-30) When I heard about it curses instantly crossed my mind, I kept having thoughts like “he’s evil” or curses calling him a demon (I don’t believe he’s evil or a demon, I know he’s good but still these things came to my mind” and more bad stuff. Have I done the unpardonable sin? I’m concerned that maybe God doesn’t love me anymore, mabye he has abandoned me, or even mabye I did it? I’ve heard stuff about the unpardonable sin like “The unpardonable sin is unbelief” I simply do not believe in that because: 1, there are lots of people who did NOT believe in God, but then turned their life around and were forgiven. Next I heard about how it’s un duplicatable today, and another how it cannot be done in your mind, and one other one about how it’s not merely words you actually must BELIEVE in your HEART that He was that. I don’t have these thoughts as much as I used to but I feel like I’m at the end of my rope and there’s no hope for me. I feel depressed and cannot get over it. I feel like I cannot be happy again. I have asked God to remove these Blasphemous thoughts, and temptations to do it from my head, but I do not feel like he’s listening. Is there hope for someone like me?
i...,
Study scriptures....the unpardonable sin is rejection of The Holy Spirit urging us to repent and accept Christ....thus rejecting Christ as our savior until we die.

Sep 4, 2012
If you're worried about having done it, you haven't. GOD doesn't lay boobie traps for those seeking to do his will.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
The evil one is the accuser of the brethren. The voice that we talk to ourselves in, is the same voice that demons use to attack us with. They come to steal, kill, and to destroy. They use lies and deception and work at making themselves to appear as angels of light to reach their goal of our destruction.
That's where, "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ," shows us that we are both at war and that our mental focus is the battlefield. "The mind set upon the Spirit is life and peace, but the mind set upon the flesh is death." So rather than dwelling on the lies of demons accusing you by using your own inner voice against you; turn your mind to the Lord and praise him for his blessings. As the Lord inhabits our praises the evil one is being tormented and will eventually flee such resistance. Also, for example; focus on the scriptures during these times of mental attack. And you can also try memorizing some verses from the bible that stands-out to you.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Slow down there mate …

Matthew 12:

:D It is people who don't know what they do that blaspheme, don't you think people who attribute fake gifts to the Lord are also blaspheming? We have confirmed and we continue confirming these things-

A pastor who teaches and also speaks in tongues, picking up a poisonous snake because they think it is also another sign that was promised those who believe, they succumb and die. This has not happened once or twice, it has happened many times and still counting.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
The unpardonable sin is a treasonable sin/offense against the sovereignty of God. It is actually when one claims to be God with full knowledge of who God is. I think no man has this ability IMO. So far the ones that have committed this sin are satan and his demons for he said:
Isa 14: 13 I will raise my throne above the stars of God. I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north. 14I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”15But you will be brought down to Sheol to the far reaches of the Pit.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The voice that we talk to ourselves in, is the same voice that demons use to attack us with.
a voice? thought is faster than the speed of sound.
it must be, or you wouldn't know what you are saying while you say it.

Jun 20, 2018
Brisbane

What is it exactly you want God to do?

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Unpardonable sins aside from blaspheming the Holy Spirit are:

1) Knowing the Truth and sinning intentionally (Hebrews 10:25-26)

2) Violating what is written in Acts 15:20.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
There is a form of OCD that is called scrupulosity. It is when people are obsessed with losing their salvation. Google it, and if it sounds like what you are going through, see a doctor. There is medication for it.

Oh, you cannot lose your salvation, it is a gift from God. He does not take back the gifts he gives us!

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
................oh, you cannot lose your salvation, it is a gift from God. He does not take back the gifts he gives us!
A...,

While on this earth.......or.......after death?

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
When Jesus spoke of the unpardonable sin who was he addressing and what was the occasion?

I think you will find it's not something a saved person can do

Apr 15, 2017

If someone is so concerned that they committed the unpardonable sin, and it bothers them, then they did not commit it, at least that is how is appears to me.

Plus people have to understand that if a person worries so much about not wanting to think a certain thought, and they develop stress because of it, they might think that they have those thoughts, but it is only because they do not want to have those thoughts.

It is like try not thinking about an elephant for the rest of your life, for from now on you will not think of an elephant at all.

You cannot do it because you are trying so hard to not want to think of it, you will think about it, and if you try to relax your mind and think of other things, and not try to not think about it, boom, there it is.

If someone worries so much about things for an extended period of time, especially when they are trying not to think of something, and they get stressed out, it makes the mind more intense, and the thoughts intense, and that only make it worse for thoughts to come up that they think is bothersome.

Some people let something they would be so afraid to think bother them, and get stressed out, that they think they have the thoughts, but it is only because they do not want the thoughts to come up.

The Pharisees said that Jesus cast out devils by Beelzebub, the prince of the devils, and said He has an unclean spirit, so they committed blasphemy against the Spirit, when Jesus has a clean spirit by the Holy Spirit.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is attributing something evil to God when He is good.

Like saying God does not love me, or God is punishing me, or God does care about humanity, or is responsible for natural disasters to take out people, or initiates wars when God said wars come from the lust of the flesh.

The Bible says creation testifies there is a God, and of His attributes, which one of them is love, for He provided food, and the means to make clothing, and shelter, which is the universal law that God is love for even creation testifies of that without knowing the word of God.

Some people can have things go wrong in their life and blame God, which it is not His fault, and there is hypocrites, and the world, which God cannot work in their lives like He wants, and even a saint can go through problems, and persecution from the world.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2Co 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
2Co 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
2Co 6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
2Co 6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
2Co 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
2Co 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
2Co 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
2Co 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

We do not get it like the garden of Eden because of the nature of the flesh that wants to sin, so there will be problems, and it does not matter what we go through, eternal life is what matters.

We should not blame God but the flesh is only temporary.

Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

If the man Christ Jesus could go through all He went through, then we can too, which is the difference between being led of the Spirit, and not, for it is the Spirit that got Jesus through the cross, and a saint can endure anything this world has to give if led of the Spirit.

I say this for many people blame God for their problems, and some have minor problems not that big of a deal and still blame God, but we are not promised to have it good at times, although it can be true, but sometimes some people really have it rough and they live for God by the Spirit like Paul who suffered many things for the Gospel.

God is not evil, but some think that because of the problems concerning the flesh, and people that go against their flesh, but God says do not worry about it but it is only temporary on this earth, and if with God led by the Spirit you will have peace that passes all understanding, joy that no person takes from you, rest spiritually, power, love, and a sound mind, and a person in that condition will know that God is good.

The Bible says that no person says Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost, that means God called them, and the gifts and calling of God are without repentance on God's part, which many people that claim Jesus as Lord might think God is not working in their lives because of their mental condition that is not pleasant to them, but they do it to themselves because of their worrying, and their crybaby attitude, which God cannot correct it if they do it to themselves.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Reading the chapter where the Unpardonable sin "" Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit"" is revealed by Jesus should clear all uncertainty about what is and what is not Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.. The problem that has arisen is that too many people simply listen to too many different preachers and other Christians and just take their words to be the infallible word of God..

The passage where the sin is revealed is clear .. Have a read::

Mark 3: KJV
"¶ And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. {23} And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan? {24} And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. {25} And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. {26} And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end. {27} No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house. {28} Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: {29} But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: {30} Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit."

So the scribes said that the Holy Spirit that was with Jesus was Beelzebub the prince of devils, That had blasphemed the Holy Spirit by accusing the Holy Spirit of being a demon.. They called the Holy Spirit an unclean spirit.. And they where never going to be forgiven for this blasphemy..

This is so simple if someone accuses the Holy Spirit of being a demon then they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and shall not be forgiven.. People should not expand on this to include sins they think are too evil to be forgiven.. A lot of false teachings have come about by people allowing their imaginations to run wild like that..

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
post #5...timed out...cont'd......

Further, speaking or acting irreverently against The Holy Spirit is unpardonable. Doing so would be same as rejection of The Holy Spirit.

Placid

Sep 27, 2016
Hi ImOneOddooki,

Quote: Okay, I’m a bit concerned about something called the “Eternal sin” or better know as the “Unpardonable sin” (Mark 3:28-30).

In addition to the good advice given, I would like to add some verses from this account in Matthew 12:9 Now when He had departed from there, He went into their synagogue. 10 And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”—that they might accuse Him.
11 Then He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? 12 Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” 13 Then He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other. 14 Then the Pharisees went out and plotted against Him, how they might destroy Him.
15 But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all.

22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. "
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

--- The Pharisees had watched Jesus, by the Power of the Holy Spirit, heal the man with the withered arm (on the Sabbath). --- Then He healed the sick of the multitude, it said, "He healed them all." --- And the deaf mute who they said was 'demon possessed,' was also healed.

--- From the first healing He said, "It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath," therefore it is lawful to do good every day. --- When the Pharisees saw all of this evidence of the power of the Holy Spirit, and said, "He casts out by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons." --- They were aligning Jesus with Beelzebub--- They were attributing the power of God to Satan.

So the real 'blasphemy of the Holy Spirit,' is attributing the power of God to Satan or his demons.
--- The wonderful thing is that nobody who believes in God can commit a sin that cannot be forgiven. --- The thing is to go quickly to God for forgiveness, and healing.