Everything Is Made In China

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlessedLovedByGod
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
God doesn't control everything everyone does in our world. God isn't controlling the murdering done by serial murderers, for example: the devil is.

It's true that God's allows people to exercise their free will for good or evil in this world for a temporary period of time to accomplish a greater eternal good and will ultimately judge and condemn every unrepentant wicked person and their wicked acts but that doesn't equate to God controlling everything everyone does.

You need to bring your flawed best thinking into alignment with reality and God's Word. They go together. You won't find reality negatively deviating from God's Word such as in your belief that God is controlling the murdering of serial murderers, for example.


God controls everything in our world. Even when tragic events happen they are for a reason. A reason only God knows. I will pray for you.
 
God doesn't control everything everyone does in our world. God isn't controlling the murdering done by serial murderers, for example: the devil is.

It's true that God's allows people to exercise their free will for good or evil in this world for a temporary period of time to accomplish a greater eternal good and will ultimately judge and condemn every unrepentant wicked person and their wicked acts but that doesn't equate to God controlling everything everyone does.

You need to bring your flawed best thinking into alignment with reality and God's Word. They go together. You won't find reality negatively deviating from God's Word such as in your belief that God is controlling the murdering of serial murderers, for example.

Explain why when a child passes away sometimes under horrible circumstances everyone always says it was their time or that it's part of a Gods plan. No one ever says the Devil did it. Do you really believe God can't over rule evil and the Devil.
 
A friend who is about to go to china asked me what do I want to have? I told her everything here is made from China. What can u bring me that I cant buy here?
In the Philippines almost everything is made in China from a simple toy..to a fine set of dinnerware to an electronic gadget. I bought a gadget that says its made in korea but its battery is made from shenzen, China.
We have Chinatown, different Chinese Resto and a lot more of China.
I think in every country they have something that is made in China.
How about you? What do u own that is made from China?

A guy at work told me something pretty interesting the other day. Supposedly all pandas in the world are owned by China (I haven't double checked this....so I'm open to correction!). This guy is OBSESSED with pandas though, so he's pretty knowledgeable on the subject. So according to him, zoos/safari parks around the world who have pandas, have to pay an annual fee to China for the privilege of "renting" them from their country! He even went a step further to say panda babies born outside of China are still owned by China because the right of ownership is by their bloodlines. I know....crazy eh?!

He may have been stringing me on though....I'm known to be a bit gullible sometimes :D
 
engineer-funny-pictures-images.jpg


Nuf said...
 
A guy at work told me something pretty interesting the other day. Supposedly all pandas in the world are owned by China (I haven't double checked this....so I'm open to correction!). This guy is OBSESSED with pandas though, so he's pretty knowledgeable on the subject. So according to him, zoos/safari parks around the world who have pandas, have to pay an annual fee to China for the privilege of "renting" them from their country! He even went a step further to say panda babies born outside of China are still owned by China because the right of ownership is by their bloodlines. I know....crazy eh?!

He may have been stringing me on though....I'm known to be a bit gullible sometimes :D

I know Toronto Zoo (Canada eh) paid a million dollars for a years rent on two pandas from China.


Panda diplomacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
God controls everything in our world. Even when tragic events happen they are for a reason. A reason only God knows. I will pray for you.

You are mistaken. God does not control everything. That would make Him a tyrant. Not everything is God's desire either.....but that is not to say He does not use unfortunate events or decisions to further His kingdom.
 
I never said God wasn't sovereign. You need to read all my posts in this thread. I said God IS sovereign. I'll go farther and say that He uses His sovereignty to limit the effects of sin. For example, the length of a wicked person's life. They die. They can't continue to engage in wickedness for more than about a century. Some call these types of arguments in apologetics, the 'physics of sin' for God limited the ability of a wicked person to engage in wickedness. I also assert divine intervention. Deism is a false worldview.

Don't read into what I assert that which I didn't for then it's just you projecting your own assertions onto me and falsely attributing your own assertions to me.

Accurate correlation is critical in a discussion like this one.

I realize this is a complicated discussion that involves a lot of different but related areas of theology but it's important not to mix them altogether but to carefully analyze what is and what is not being asserted.

Consider the following:

God's Pure Actuality and Simplicity
God's Aseity and Necessity
God's Immutability and Eternality
God's Impassibility and Infinity
God's Immateriality and Immensity
God's Omnipotence and Omnipresence
God's Omniscience
God's Wisdom and Light
God's Majesty, Beauty, and Ineffability
God's Life and Immortality
God's unity and Trinity
God's Holiness and Righteousness
God's Jealousy and Perfection
God's Truthfulness and Goodness (Love)
God's Mercy and Wrath

Etc...

What I said was, "God doesn't control everything everyone does in our world. God isn't controlling the murdering done by serial murderers, for example: the devil is."

In other words, God isn't responsible for the evil that the devil, demons, and people choose to exercise their will to engage in simply because God has given humanity the space to make those choices and engage in behaviors for a temporary period of time.

I did NOT say that God isn't ultimately sovereign; that God doesn't spiritually convict such people; that God doesn't work through human agency toward earthly judgment and accountability; that God doesn't ultimately righteously judge them; that God never intervenes directly or indirectly through angels and Christians; etc... etc... etc...

63596080.jpg




Explain why when a child passes away sometimes under horrible circumstances everyone always says it was their time or that it's part of a Gods plan. No one ever says the Devil did it. Do you really believe God can't over rule evil and the Devil.
 
I never said God wasn't sovereign. You need to read all my posts in this thread. I said God IS sovereign. I'll go farther and say that He uses His sovereignty to limit the effects of sin. For example, the length of a wicked person's life. They die. They can't continue to engage in wickedness for more than about a century. Some call these types of arguments in apologetics, the 'physics of sin' for God limited the ability of a wicked person to engage in wickedness. I also assert divine intervention. Deism is a false worldview.

Don't read into what I assert that which I didn't for then it's just you projecting your own assertions onto me and falsely attributing your own assertions to me.

Accurate correlation is critical in a discussion like this one.

I realize this is a complicated discussion that involves a lot of different but related areas of theology but it's important not to mix them altogether but to carefully analyze what is and what is not being asserted.

Consider the following:

God's Pure Actuality and Simplicity
God's Aseity and Necessity
God's Immutability and Eternality
God's Impassibility and Infinity
God's Immateriality and Immensity
God's Omnipotence and Omnipresence
God's Omniscience
God's Wisdom and Light
God's Majesty, Beauty, and Ineffability
God's Life and Immortality
God's unity and Trinity
God's Holiness and Righteousness
God's Jealousy and Perfection
God's Truthfulness and Goodness (Love)
God's Mercy and Wrath

Etc...

What I said was, "God doesn't control everything everyone does in our world. God isn't controlling the murdering done by serial murderers, for example: the devil is."

In other words, God isn't responsible for the evil that the devil, demons, and people choose to exercise their will to engage in simply because God has given humanity the space to make those choices and engage in behaviors for a temporary period of time.

I did NOT say that God isn't ultimately sovereign; that God doesn't spiritually convict such people; that God doesn't work through human agency toward earthly judgment and accountability; that God doesn't ultimately righteously judge them; that God never intervenes directly or indirectly through angels and Christians; etc... etc... etc...

63596080.jpg

You seem to have a lot if anger in you, I will pray for you friend.
 
You are mistaken. God does not control everything. That would make Him a tyrant. Not everything is God's desire either.....but that is not to say He does not use unfortunate events or decisions to further His kingdom.

Partly agree. God has given us our own free will to make our own decision, whether it is good or bad. He will only intervene if we call Him or seek His help indirectly. And this applies to those who are saved and worthy of His attention. He can do whatever He wants and whenever He wants. That's why He is God and is totally in control of all things & matter. To a lesser degree, He is on the sideline watching our moves.
 
[h=1]How does God's sovereignty work together with free will?[/h]
​
​
Question: "How does God's sovereignty work together with free will?"

Answer:
It is impossible for us to fully understand the dynamics of a holy God molding and shaping the will of man. Scripture is clear that God knows the future (Matthew 6:8;Psalm 139:1-4) and has total sovereign control over all things (Colossians 1:16-17; Daniel 4:35). The Bible also says that we must choose God or be eternally separated from Him. We are held responsible for our actions (Romans 3:19; 6:23; 9:19-21). How these facts work together is impossible for a finite mind to comprehend (Romans 11:33-36).

People can take one of two extremes in regard to this question. Some emphasize the sovereignty of God to the point that human beings are little more than robots simply doing what they have been sovereignly programmed to do. Others emphasize free will to the point of God not having complete control and/or knowledge of all things. Neither of these positions is biblical. The truth is that God does not violate our wills by choosing us and redeeming us. Rather, He changes our hearts so that our wills choose Him. “We love Him because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19), and “You did not choose me, but I chose you” (John 15:16).

What are we to do then? First, we are to trust in the Lord, knowing that He is in control (Proverbs 3:5-6). God’s sovereignty is supposed to be a comfort to us, not an issue to be concerned about or debate over. Second, we are to live our lives making wise decisions in accordance with God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:5). There will be no excuses before God for why we chose to disobey Him. We will have no one to blame but ourselves for our sin. Last but not least, we are to worship the Lord, praising Him that He is so wonderful, infinite, powerful, full of grace and mercy—and sovereign.
​
​
 
I think you are very foolish if you think anything happens in this world without Gods knowledge. I pray that God can see past your ignorance.
 
dafen village here in shenzhen, is the worlds largest art copying factory. there are thousands of bad copies of paintings that should never have been painted than in any other place in the world. at least one mona lisa looks out of every shop window. some have a smile that could be called mysterious and others look like shes watching old monty python movies. its a great place to visit. (someday when i have an extra 50 usd im going to have a nude mona lisa on black velvet done there.
 
A friend who is about to go to china asked me what do I want to have? I told her everything here is made from China. What can u bring me that I cant buy here?
In the Philippines almost everything is made in China from a simple toy..to a fine set of dinnerware to an electronic gadget. I bought a gadget that says its made in korea but its battery is made from shenzen, China.
We have Chinatown, different Chinese Resto and a lot more of China.
I think in every country they have something that is made in China.
How about you? What do u own that is made from China?
This OP is about 1 1/2 yr old. But i read thru posts and think this could be a starting point. While an Asian neighbor, the world's most populous nation, the 2nd largest by land mass, and as some know a country that has seized a reef from the Philippines almost 4 yr ago, China is really a foreign country to me. i perhaps know more about the US incl. its language than China. Sure there are chinese filipinos, and Christian chinese, but i noticed in this site that there doesnt seem much on them, and also only a few chinese members.

Anyway, once i thought where is china in prophecy? Once also, i watched a vid that told how islam is growing fast in parts of china. Can some here share what they know, chinese ppl they associated with, what they think fo this large race of ppl, who knows some chinese or mandarin at least? tnx.
 
You said it. EVERYTHING is made in China...What really cracks me up is the directions that were written by someone who cannot write English, or maybe they were translated by Google or something. I mean, if it is someone LEARNING the language, I actually think its kind of sweet that they sometimes get the word order confused, but if they write it for a living? C'mmon. :)
 
This older, but interesting.

[video=youtube;vQIxjIkRv8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIxjIkRv8Y[/video]

Still waiting to hear more from Chinese Christians, whether in china or elsewhere.
 
Last edited: