Everything pumpkin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Hey all
how do you cook or bake with pumpkin
I tried a soup and a cheesecake and both were so bad I had to throw it away lol.
tell meeeh your secrets :p

Mar 23, 2016
try pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.

deee-licious ... i'd post a recipe but i lost mine. :(

you can find lots of recipes online though.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I first turned off to pumpkin donuts. Ecky. Then I tried pumpkin eggnog. Ecky again. I am beginning to think pumpkin does not lend itself to flavor enhancement. I tried pumpkin muffins, not bad; but not exceptional. I prefer sweet-potato pie over pumpkin pie because the pumpkin is usually overspiced and upsets my tummy. :cool:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have baked a whole one after venting , yields a bunch.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I first turned off to pumpkin donuts. Ecky. Then I tried pumpkin eggnog. Ecky again. I am beginning to think pumpkin does not lend itself to flavor enhancement. I tried pumpkin muffins, not bad; but not exceptional. I prefer sweet-potato pie over pumpkin pie because the pumpkin is usually overspiced and upsets my tummy. :cool:
Pumpkin is a good source of fiber but the problem is that it really doesn't taste very good. That's why people use Cool Whip or Redi-Whip on their pumpkin pie because it makes it more palatable.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Can we have everything ham now??
Yes, by all means. I took a ham sandwich to work last week. Perhaps we can talk bacon too. I heard that it's bad for you but that's only 'cause it tastes good. If you put lettuce and tomato with it on a sandwich with a little mayo it will counter the unhealthy effects and will make you feel good about taking care of yourself. Everyone will feel better with proper nutrition.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes! All we Americans for sure, the Standard American Diet is just that -S.A.D.!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Yes, by all means. I took a ham sandwich to work last week. Perhaps we can talk bacon too. I heard that it's bad for you but that's only 'cause it tastes good. If you put lettuce and tomato with it on a sandwich with a little mayo it will counter the unhealthy effects and will make you feel good about taking care of yourself. Everyone will feel better with proper nutrition.
I never liked bacon very much. To me it is fatty, greasy and non filling. I guess that is from the Jew in me. Hahaha... I eat turkey ham and turkey sausage occasionally. I figure it was Jesus that gave them the meat ordinances and He doesn't change (Heb. 13:8). It must have been for our good health, right? giggle.gif

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Where I came from we cook pumpkin like this :love: pumpkin is one of my favourite vegetables yayy take note: if you are not a vegetarian you can add fresh shrimps or minced fried fish and you can cook also without adding beans just pumpkin and shrimps or minced fried fish 😍 I had like this last week ❤

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Where I came from we cook pumpkin like this :love: pumpkin is one of my favourite vegetables yayy take note: if you are not a vegetarian you can add fresh shrimps or minced fried fish and you can cook also without adding beans just pumpkin and shrimps or minced fried fish 😍 I had like this last week ❤

Are you vegan or vegetarian? Is Filipino squash pumpkin? :cool:

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Are you vegan or vegetarian? Is Filipino squash pumpkin? :cool:

Oh yay! I didn't know that :oops: sir Deade could you please tell me what's the difference between the two? :oops: thank you so much 😊 I thought they were the same :oops: vegetarian/vegans are people who eat vegetables only and no meat in their meals. I am not sir Deade I love vegetables but I love fish 😂

I am not sure but the pumpkin you all are talking about looks like a squash 😄 maybe they are the same 😄

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Oh yay! I didn't know that :oops: sir Deade could you please tell me what's the difference between the two? :oops: thank you so much 😊 I thought they were the same :oops: vegetarian/vegans are people who eat vegetables only and no meat in their meals. I am not sir Deade I love vegetables but I love fish 😂

I am not sure but the pumpkin you all are talking about looks like a squash 😄 maybe they are the same 😄
A vegetarian will eat dairy products and sometimes eggs. A vegan does not eat any animal based products. I don't think either eats fish. :cool:

S

Sweetmorningdew78

A vegetarian will eat dairy products and sometimes eggs. A vegan does not eat any animal based products. I don't think either eats fish. :cool:

That is interesting sir Deade 😊 I hope vegetarians will include fish 😉 hehehe thank you so much I learned something today ❤

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Here is a picture of all varieties of pumpkin, which is in the squash family.

I love the names 😂 I would not want to eat them I will feel bad 😂

Thank you sir Deade 😊

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I never liked bacon very much. To me it is fatty, greasy and non filling. I guess that is from the Jew in me. Hahaha... I eat turkey ham and turkey sausage occasionally. I figure it was Jesus that gave them the meat ordinances and He doesn't change (Heb. 13:8). It must have been for our good health, right? View attachment 192879
I love bacon but rarely eat it because my wife wants to eat turkey bacon. I can buy it if I want to but don't really bother anymore. I actually like the turkey sausage, not as quite as good as regular sausage but not to bad either. It does say in the bible in the NT that all food is now acceptable to eat but I am sure that the particularly fatty foods should be consumed moderately. You are right in saying that Jesus doesn't change. I find that comforting because He is my Rock and Salvation.