Evolution theory vs God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ballaurena

May 27, 2024
Hi @Ballaurena

That's a totally false statement, if we believe the Scriptures. God's word says that there was evening and there was morning each day. If that is true, and I believe that it is because God's word says so, then time passed. For a day to transform from evening to morning, then time is involved.
Obviously I disagree. God's interpretation is the only one that really matters. Prophecy must be vetted - I don't expect you to take my word for it, but who are you to reject it outright without testing?

"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." Acts 17:11
"Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good." 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
You kinda missed the point of my post. But you do make some good points in the posts following your response to my post.

In the scriptures of Genesis 1, the term 'create' has a distinct meaning that is different than the meaning given it in its common
usage.

For example, the term 'create' as used in Genesis 1 infers by implication a divine act that brings into existence something that has
never existed in either substance or form prior to being brought into existence. And except but for that divine act , that which is brought it into existence, that which was created could not have came into existence by any natural process.
The term also infers by implication that it is not the bringing into existence something new as a result of the transformation of some
pre-existing, or primordial matter into a new substance or form. Thus, the term means that it didn't proceed a natural process that had been given time would have resulted into its coming into existence.

Now the term 'made' does not infer by implication or otherwise that it was 'created'. The term 'made' does imply that it that it came into existence
either into a new substance or form from something that was in existence at the time it was made.

The two term 'create' and 'made' are not interchangeable in Genesis 1, or in the Torah actually since each term has its own specific
meaning. This is exemplified in Genesis 2:3 wherein it is written, "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

So it takes billions of years for things to evolve? (By evolve I mean the act of changing from a lesser state to another more advanced or complex state.)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
2 Cor 5:17
"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Cor 15:52

Don't confuse the term 'evolve' with the theory of evolution of the species which twists the term to try to validate their opinion that mankind originated from primates.
"Evolve" has a number of meanings. In the context of the post, I assumed it meant evolution in the Darwinian sense.

Jul 25, 2024
Obviously I disagree. God's interpretation is the only one that really matters. Prophecy must be vetted - I don't expect you to take my word for it, but who are you to reject it outright without testing?
Hi @Ballaurena

That's ok. And it's likely in our definitions of time. You see, for me, time is defined as the space between events. If something happens and then something else happens, or even the first something happens again, there is time passing. The space between the events. Perhaps it would help if you'd throw out your definition of time. And of course, when the event is not some instantaneous event, then an amount of time passes as the event itself unfolds into reality.

For me, time is reality moving forward step by step as events happen. Now, in this life today, we've broken down that passage from event to event into manageable and named parts. Nanoseconds and seconds and minutes, hours, weeks, months, years are all a passage of events and reality unfolds and there is time.

So, per my definition, if there is morning and then the time that God describes as an evening then comes after it, then time passes.

God bless you,
Ted

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Hi @Ballaurena

That's ok. And it's likely in our definitions of time. You see, for me, time is defined as the space between events. If something happens and then something else happens, or even the first something happens again, there is time passing. The space between the events. Perhaps it would help if you'd throw out your definition of time. And of course, when the event is not some instantaneous event, then an amount of time passes as the event itself unfolds into reality.

For me, time is reality moving forward step by step as events happen. Now, in this life today, we've broken down that passage from event to event into manageable and named parts. Nanoseconds and seconds and minutes, hours, weeks, months, years are all a passage of events and reality unfolds and there is time.

So, per my definition, if there is morning and then the time that God describes as an evening then comes after it, then time passes.

God bless you,
Ted
I love this explanation Ted.
So why would you say that the Earth is 6000 years old then?

Jul 25, 2024
I love this explanation Ted.
So why would you say that the Earth is 6000 years old then?
A simple reading of the Scriptures says that all that is in this realm of God's creating was made in 6 days. Since time began a day has always been defined as the time it takes for the earth to make one full rotation on its axis. On day 6 Adam was created. When Adam was 130 years old, which after the sun was created on day 4 the earth's course around the sun was established and years were marked. So after 130 journeys around the sun, Adam had a son named Seth. The earth is now 130 years old and six days for whatever that's worth. I'm good with the creation being +6 days of whatever age Adam was at any point in his lifetime

So, at 130 years Adam has Seth and then when Seth is 105 journeys around the sun, he also has a son, Enosh. When Enosh was born the earth was 130 + 105 + 6 days. But it suffices to just say it was 135 years old. Then when Enosh is 90, he has a son named Kenan. The earth, on the day that Kenan was born is 130 + 105 + 90 = 225 years old. As you continue through, and I'll have to check my numbers again which I don't have in front of me, but by the time Lamech, at 182 years of his life, had a son named Noah and that brings us to about 900 years of existence for the earth since the day that Adam was created on the 6th day.

Then we read all about Noah and how he was 500 years old when he had his sons and that he was 600 years old when the flood came. So the earth, when the flood came upon it, was about 1,500 years old. That's not an exact number. As I say, I'd have to pull out my old accounting line, but it's within a hundred years or so of 1,500 years old at the time the flood came upon the earth. In fact, per the accounting, Noah and Adam almost lived together. Remember that Adam's entire life was 930 years and it was about 900 years when Noah was born to Lamech.

Anyway, we then find a second genealogical account regarding the generation of Shem to Abraham. That's found in Genesis 11. The account of the passage of time, just as God did with the generations from Adam, He gave the father's age at the time that a particular son was born until Abram. At this point I think we're about 2,000 years into the life of this realm that God created in 6 days in the days before Adam.

Then you carefully track the passage of time through the sons of Abraham to Israel and we find that the sons of Israel went into Egypt and there were 400 years of captivity. All of this time added together puts us, if I recall correctly somewhere around 2500 years that the earth has endured. Then we have 1,500 years or so of God working with the Hebrews bringing them up out of bondage and wandering for 40 years and the accounting of the days of the kings in the Chronicles and we can actually add up years to where we find that when Jesus came, the earth and the universe, all created in 6 days, had existed about 4,000 years. And now we are 2,000 years beyond that. So it comes to about 6,000 years. Amazingly enough, the Hebrew Calander, which is supposedly dated from the creation event as they figure it, is at year 5,785 or so.

According to the Hebrew Calander conversion we find:

Sunday, Tammuz 29, 5784 - August 4, 2024

I find that to be pretty amazing that the chronological account found in the Scriptures is so very, very close to what God's people tell us is how many years it has been since the creation event. Now of course, there are always those who will argue whether or not the Jewish Calander is really established from the creation event, but it's really pretty amazing that it all seems to line up so well. It's almost like the prophecy of Daniel and the time of Messiah's visitation. When we count it all out, it all lines up pretty well with the days in which Jesus walked among us.

God bless,
Ted

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
A simple reading of the Scriptures says that all that is in this realm of God's creating was made in 6 days. Since time began a day has always been defined as the time it takes for the earth to make one full rotation on its axis. On day 6 Adam was created. When Adam was 130 years old, which after the sun was created on day 4 the earth's course around the sun was established and years were marked. So after 130 journeys around the sun, Adam had a son named Seth. The earth is now 130 years old and six days for whatever that's worth. I'm good with the creation being +6 days of whatever age Adam was at any point in his lifetime

So, at 130 years Adam has Seth and then when Seth is 105 journeys around the sun, he also has a son, Enosh. When Enosh was born the earth was 130 + 105 + 6 days. But it suffices to just say it was 135 years old. Then when Enosh is 90, he has a son named Kenan. The earth, on the day that Kenan was born is 130 + 105 + 90 = 225 years old. As you continue through, and I'll have to check my numbers again which I don't have in front of me, but by the time Lamech, at 182 years of his life, had a son named Noah and that brings us to about 900 years of existence for the earth since the day that Adam was created on the 6th day.

Then we read all about Noah and how he was 500 years old when he had his sons and that he was 600 years old when the flood came. So the earth, when the flood came upon it, was about 1,500 years old. That's not an exact number. As I say, I'd have to pull out my old accounting line, but it's within a hundred years or so of 1,500 years old at the time the flood came upon the earth. In fact, per the accounting, Noah and Adam almost lived together. Remember that Adam's entire life was 930 years and it was about 900 years when Noah was born to Lamech.

Anyway, we then find a second genealogical account regarding the generation of Shem to Abraham. That's found in Genesis 11. The account of the passage of time, just as God did with the generations from Adam, He gave the father's age at the time that a particular son was born until Abram. At this point I think we're about 2,000 years into the life of this realm that God created in 6 days in the days before Adam.

Then you carefully track the passage of time through the sons of Abraham to Israel and we find that the sons of Israel went into Egypt and there were 400 years of captivity. All of this time added together puts us, if I recall correctly somewhere around 2500 years that the earth has endured. Then we have 1,500 years or so of God working with the Hebrews bringing them up out of bondage and wandering for 40 years and the accounting of the days of the kings in the Chronicles and we can actually add up years to where we find that when Jesus came, the earth and the universe, all created in 6 days, had existed about 4,000 years. And now we are 2,000 years beyond that. So it comes to about 6,000 years. Amazingly enough, the Hebrew Calander, which is supposedly dated from the creation event as they figure it, is at year 5,785 or so.

According to the Hebrew Calander conversion we find:

Sunday, Tammuz 29, 5784 - August 4, 2024

I find that to be pretty amazing that the chronological account found in the Scriptures is so very, very close to what God's people tell us is how many years it has been since the creation event. Now of course, there are always those who will argue whether or not the Jewish Calander is really established from the creation event, but it's really pretty amazing that it all seems to line up so well. It's almost like the prophecy of Daniel and the time of Messiah's visitation. When we count it all out, it all lines up pretty well with the days in which Jesus walked among us.

God bless,
Ted
Ted, this is really amazing work and again I'm very impressed by your artwork.
So the bottom line here is that you’re going by the Jewish calendar?
Because according to your description of Time, which i also agree with by the way, Time is an illusion which we Humans have created and may not really exist.
This is contrary to Einstein’s theory that Time and Space are one unit and that Time is relative.
For example a photon that took 13 billion light years to reach our telescopes seems like a really long time. But from the photon’s point of view if it were conscious, his lifespan was a second probably because he’s traveling at the spoed of light. So for him it’s a very short existence while for us his existence is insanely long.

So if Time is an illusion and numbers are made up, you could be a million years old or two second old.
But somehow you came up with 6000 years old for the age of the Earth because you’re counting numbers from the generations of the Bible.

And this is why i love your artwork here Ted because when we also tie this to the FIAT currency, you somehow think that when we back our money with thoughts but not gold, thats more stable.

And you must also have very creative ideas about border security too i’m guessing.

Consider me a fan from now.
Thank you !

Jul 25, 2024
Hi @Eli1

Well, I'm just accounting for the days and years, just as God also seems to account for days and years as He recounts for us the lives of the first generations upon the earth.

How you confuse that with border security and Einstein's theories and photons traveling through space is something that you'll have to define and explain for yourself. I'm just accounting what the Scriptures tell us about how long it has been in days and years as accounted among mankind on the earth in God's word.

So if Time is an illusion and numbers are made up,
Yes and if pigs could fly we could just pull them out of the air to make pork ribs. If is always a consideration that maybe you're wrong, but 'if'. And no, time is not an illusion.

God bless you,
Ted

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Hi @Eli1

Well, I'm just accounting for the days and years, just as God also seems to account for days and years as He recounts for us the lives of the first generations upon the earth.

How you confuse that with border security and Einstein's theories and photons traveling through space is something that you'll have to define and explain for yourself. I'm just accounting what the Scriptures tell us about how long it has been in days and years as accounted among mankind on the earth in God's word.

Yes and if pigs could fly we could just pull them out of the air to make pork ribs. If is always a consideration that maybe you're wrong, but 'if'. And no, time is not an illusion.

God bless you,
Ted
Wait, Time is not an illusion now?
Were you a graduate from Juilliard by the way? The Juilliard School
I just want to let you know that i find your ideas very interesting because you're always on the extreme ends of Left-wing or right-wing ideology but you don't seem very centered.
This is why i said that you'd be a lot of fun at parties.

I can't wait to hear more about your ideas against the American Family Unit on Project 25.

Jul 25, 2024
Wait, Time is not an illusion now?
Were you a graduate from Juilliard by the way? The Juilliard School
I just want to let you know that i find your ideas very interesting because you're always on the extreme ends of Left-wing or right-wing ideology but you don't seem very centered.
This is why i said that you'd be a lot of fun at parties.

I can't wait to hear more about your ideas against the American Family Unit on Project 25.
Hi @Eli1

I really don't care what you think about me and party life. You're free to mock all you want.

God bless you,
Ted

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Agreed. The question in the OP was asked incorrectly.
It's not "Evolution" vs God. But more like How did God put us here?

Was it via a long process or a short process? We won't know a lot of these technical details unless revealed as it's said on 1 John 3:2 or in Luke 12:2.

May 27, 2024
Why do you assume that to be the case?
Maybe you missed it but I didn't assume he rejected it; @tedincarolina said as much:
Hi @Ballaurena

That's a totally false statement, if we believe the Scriptures. God's word says that there was evening and there was morning each day. If that is true, and I believe that it is because God's word says so, then time passed. For a day to transform from evening to morning, then time is involved.
Calling something a "totally false statement" is about as clear of a statement of outright rejection as I can imagine.

Jul 3, 2015
Maybe you missed it but I didn't assume he rejected it; @tedincarolina said as much:
Calling something a "totally false statement" is about as clear of a statement of outright rejection as I can imagine.
Where is the proof he did not test it before rejecting it? You have missed including that important part.
PS~ I did not say you assumed he rejected it. I want to know how you know he did not test it first.

May 27, 2024
Where is the proof he did not test it before rejecting it? You have missed including that important part.
PS~ I did not say you assumed he rejected it. I want to know how you know he did not test it first.
No, I didn't miss it. He gave his reasons and they didn't include testing. Rather he cited his own logic and interpretation of scriptures. It would be illogical and strange to have tested and not mentioned it in rebuttal. In trying to come to peace, he also later acknowledged that he had his own, unusual definition of time that he was going by in his interpretation. Here, again, is his earlier post that is at issue:
Hi @Ballaurena

and here is his follow up:

Hi @Ballaurena

God bless you,
Ted

Jul 3, 2015
No, I didn't miss it. He gave his reasons and they didn't include testing. Rather he cited his own logic and interpretation of scriptures. It would be illogical and strange to have tested and not mentioned it in rebuttal. In trying to come to peace, he also later acknowledged that he had his own, unusual definition of time that he was going by in his interpretation. Here, again, is his earlier post that is at issue:

and here is his follow up:
Those sound like methods of testing to me.

May 27, 2024
Those sound like methods of testing to me.
Then there is more for you to learn. Logic and reading the Bible passages are part of the process, but God must be actively included in the test or it becomes relying on our own understanding.

Jul 3, 2015
Then there is more for you to learn. Logic and reading the Bible passages are part of the process, but God must be actively included in the test or it becomes relying on our own understanding.
I notice once again you assume something wrongfully... Which really looks like you relying on your own understanding.

May 27, 2024
I notice once again you assume something wrongfully... Which really looks like you relying on your own understanding.
Perhaps you need to look in the mirror then, Honey, because your statement doesn't even seem to make sense. I stated only a necessary part of the process that has become evident from many decades of following after God. What assumption could you possibly be accusing me of making now since you seem very eager to convict me of something?

Either God is showing you I have a speck in my eye that you have so far failed to identify (much like Job's "comforters"), or you have something against me that you are unable or unwilling to recognize. If God is truly putting a burden on you to correct me (and I am not an elder to you, as I am not yet old, but then neither am I young), then please do go after it though with more care to properly identify the issue, or else please consider if you maybe have a beam in your own eye that first needs addressing per Matthew 7.

Jul 3, 2015
Perhaps you need to look in the mirror then, Honey, because your statement doesn't even seem to make sense. I stated only a necessary part of the process that has become evident from many decades of following after God. What assumption could you possibly be accusing me of making now since you seem very eager to convict me of something?

Either God is showing you I have a speck in my eye that you have so far failed to identify (much like Job's "comforters"), or you have something against me that you are unable or unwilling to recognize. If God is truly putting a burden on you to correct me, then please do go after it though with more care to properly identify the issue, or else please consider if you maybe have a beam in your own eye that first needs addressing per Matthew 7.
Yes, a necessary part of the process that you failed to show was not a part of the original person's process in the first place. Failing to mention it does not mean it was not there to begin with when parts of the process are mentioned. Go look in the mirror, girlie.