Examining one's heart can be so humbling...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Humbling oneself and exalting Him are so liberating...

You know, I had a pow wow with a love or two and it got me, once again, thinking about Exodus.

Since I started this Journey with Moses, Aaron and the Israelites seeking freedom, I have been praying for Him to not only reveal Himself to me, but to bring me more liberation in Him. I wasn't sure...what exactly did I need freedom from? There was something I can glean applicably, as I knew there was more to these stories than just an account in History.

The entire story, thus far, revolves around the process God uses to get them where they need to be, which was with Him.

We see plague after plague and hardening of Pharaoh's heart, again and again. There was nothing God would or wouldn't do to ensure the will of His was followed through.

Wait, hold on a minute... taking myself out of the equation, looking beyond myself to find what exactly it is we all need freedom from, is the key.

Yes yes yes, less of me, less of them, more of Him!! This is the liberating epiphany that He brought His people, what He has also brought to me, what His recurring message is to all of us, time and time again.

Wow, what part of that simple equation stumps us up over and over? Honestly, it is beyond me? It is so simple. It has always been the problem with Satan and every last one of us who wrestle with the gift of life given. Why do we believe the value of our lives is more precious, more valuable outside of Him? Why does the flesh seek for that which hurts us, thinking the One who created us doesn't understand how we will be most fulfilled?

Take the ingredient out of what made us, and you have nothing but a decaying empty shell of flesh. Put more of His life giving substance in that which He created produces nutritional sustainability as well as exponential usability. He is the only true superfood.

I am very warm and kind soul. I like that about me. I have a great big merciful heart and a decent mind, not to mention much good and sincere intention. But in examining the whole truth of the matter…

I see… at the core of much of who I am, how I cope, how I love, how I respond, and how I live, resides a whole lot of me, and often not much more.

Oh my Lord, my amazing, most loving and forgiving Master, I take myself to your feet, and magnify You, not me. With You I soar to freedom's door. Oh how comforting are You, with less of me and more of You.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
At your core is a heart of gold full of God's mercy, compassion and understanding.

R

RodB65

Hey CharliRenee!

Genesis 47:9 - And Jacob said to Pharaoh, “The days of the years of my sojourning are 130 years. Few and evil have been the days of the years of my life, and they have not attained to the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their sojourning.”

I've been thinking a lot about this verse lately. Thinking about my own life and the evil ( or bad ) things that have happened largely because of my own decisions and stubbornness. It just seems that we can never get past it. There are always reminders.

But then Paul said it best in Romans 7:24,25 " Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So, there is hope! There is deliverance!

I don't know whether this fits in with your statement above, but I hope you don't mind me placing it here.
-RB

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Hey CharliRenee!

Genesis 47:9 - And Jacob said to Pharaoh, “The days of the years of my sojourning are 130 years. Few and evil have been the days of the years of my life, and they have not attained to the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their sojourning.”

I've been thinking a lot about this verse lately. Thinking about my own life and the evil ( or bad ) things that have happened largely because of my own decisions and stubbornness. It just seems that we can never get past it. There are always reminders.

But then Paul said it best in Romans 7:24,25 " Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So, there is hope! There is deliverance!

I don't know whether this fits in with your statement above, but I hope you don't mind me placing it here.
-RB
Oh thank you so very much. It was placed in the perfect place, at just the right time...in my renewed thinking time. Yes, praise be to Him there is hope and deliverance. It is also comforting knowing others have understanding. I pray for His revealing in all our past, present and future.