Excuses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Some seem to be thinking that they can't be held accountable for their immorality and vanity because they are not Christians. Hmmm.... Ummmm…. Hmmm.... They might be able to get us confused and tongue tied, but I don't think they will be able to pull it off when they stand before their maker.

Romans
1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Following Christ is not an option or alternative; It is an imperative.

One cannot use the fact that one is not a Christian as an excuse for not being a Christian.

Feel free to post comments or excuse-attempts here.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
When someone gives me excuses, I say for them to remind me to stand next to them on judgement day. Maybe, my stupidity will not look as bad by standing next to them.

G

Godsgirl83

this brings to mind an old saying

"A poor excuse is better than none......"

in other words, for the person who thinks they need an excuse for everything, for them it is better to have a poor one than none at all.....

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I made many excuses.
But we know it's the god of this world that blinds their minds right?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
When someone gives me excuses, I say for them to remind me to stand next to them on judgement day. Maybe, my stupidity will not look as bad by standing next to them.
Actually, that is not a bad tactic, and one that can be used in everyday life.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Some seem to be thinking that they can't be held accountable for their immorality and vanity because they are not Christians.
I seldom hear this kind of argument.

Atheists are more prone to simply say they have no immorality at all, either because morals don't exist, or because morals are relative and thus do not constitute a thing which has ability to be judged.

Once a person admits that morals even exist, he has a very bad time trying to avoid all the conclusions that follow.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Some seem to be thinking that they can't be held accountable for their immorality and vanity because they are not Christians.
This message should go out loud and clear to the deluded *Demoncrats* in the USA. They honestly believe that no one will hold them accountable for their evil deeds and words.

M

morefaithrequired

I can be there right next to Jesus on Judgement Day. In case he needs a break from all that judging. A standby if you will.

Apr 15, 2017
Some seem to be thinking that they can't be held accountable for their immorality and vanity because they are not Christians. Hmmm.... Ummmm…. Hmmm.... They might be able to get us confused and tongue tied, but I don't think they will be able to pull it off when they stand before their maker.

Romans
1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Following Christ is not an option or alternative; It is an imperative.

One cannot use the fact that one is not a Christian as an excuse for not being a Christian.

Feel free to post comments or excuse-attempts here.
Like the Bible says they are without excuse, and this covers all humans from Adam and Eve to the last person born in this world.

Creation testifies of a higher power, God, that created all things, and of His attributes which one of them is love, for He provided food, and the means to make clothing and shelter, and covers the 2 greatest laws, love God, and love people, so the world is without excuse.

Which God is a fair God and those who have not heard of the word of God, and Jesus, will be judged on their belief in a higher power, and their conscience, which love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Which people were saved before the Old Testament was given, and the word of the Savior to come, which Enoch, Noah, Job, and Lot are an example.

Creation testifies that God is love, and Jesus is sinless, and displayed that love testifying that He must be of God so to reject Him is to reject God.

And since the God of Israel is taught as being love, merciful, forgiving, and giving everlasting life, then He must be the higher power, and His love will put down the evil that is not love.

And His kingdom is a kingdom that does not fight with each other, and has no one to fight with, unlike the false religions who are always displayed as fighting other gods, and sometimes against each other in division.