Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
I taught exercise for years.Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
I taught exercise for years.
Bodily exercise profits little, but it is of some profit.
As far as demon possession, it still happens these days, just as it did at the time Jesus was on the earth. I have cast out a powerful devil that tried to murder me.
Keep in mind that they don't frequently manifest in those who they use to deceive others, like politicians and preachers.
Why is that?
Think about it.
Who would be more deceptive and convincing, a maniac or a calm charasmatic individual?
It's my dry sense of humor.You say, "Bodily exercise profits little, but it is of some profit." I was questioning exorcism, not exercising!!!!
BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
they are real, and they are fake. You will know the difference because the holy Spirit will help one to discernIs demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
Just so you know not everyone believes its happening today, as you can already tell I belong to the minority on this topic, I will give you a brief overview of my belief just so you understand a little of why I believe demons are not currently active, I will try and not go into it to much, by all means check what I say against scripture.Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
What makes you think it stopped? If anything, demonic possession is even worse today than ever before? Did you notice all those people screaming for the murder of babies after Roe v Wade was kicked out? Only the demon Moloch would want babies sacrificed to him. And this has been going on for decades.Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today?
are you aware there's a difference between the fallen Angels [locked away now] from Genesis 6 and their offspring souls of the nephilim who became demons?Just so you know not everyone believes its happening today, as you can already tell I belong to the minority on this topic, I will give you a brief overview of my belief just so you understand a little of why I believe demons are not currently active, I will try and not go into it to much, by all means check what I say against scripture.
The fallen angels/demons were cast out when the Lord was here on earth and afterward as recorded in scripture, the fallen angels/demons are now in hades/abyss 2pet 4:4 Jude 6
In the day of wrath when God pours out His Judgment onto the world, the pit will be opened and the demons will be released onto the earth to again torment people. Rev 9:1-12
Why does God do this? well He put serpents amongst Israel to drive them to look to their Lord. Num 21:4-9
He did this at His first coming And He will do this again in the tribulation, and they will look to the one whom was lifted up, the one whom they pierced when He returns at His second coming.
There is so much collaboration I see in the scriptures for this, Yet how I read certain verses is the opposite to how most see them, So my only advice is to consider what Im saying and test everything, Ill just give one example in the meantime, this parable for example...
Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
Those who believe demons are currently running around terrorising everybody and everything, believe they can be cast out and when they are cast out roam around looking for the next person they can enter and torment. And they use the scriptures I just quoted, seems funny to me, like a never ending cycle that has no real purpose that I can ascertain.
Yet I look at the verses differently I see the house as Israel and the house has been swept clean, which is the current state of Israel now as the demons were cast out and bound till today, so being swept clean of demons, they are in a arid dry place, a description as in the pit, remember the rich man wanting a drop of water? Then in the coming terrible day of Judgment which is the tribulation, The demons will be released find Israel in a worse state and again torment them to drive them to their coming Messiah.
Anyways Im just scratching the surface, and as I said im in the minority, people will strongly disagree which they are allowed, so just check what they say to scripture as well and hope you come to an understanding that makes sense.
Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
While that view is interesting for sure, I dont see it that way for a few reasons, one being that the word nephilim only appears twice in the bible, and is translated as giants in the versions I read,are you aware there's a difference between the fallen Angels [locked away now] from Genesis 6 and their offspring souls of the nephilim who became demons?
I know this has become a popular view but I have trouble ascribing to it, there is just to many holes in the theory for me, The Line of Seth being faithful followers of God and becoming heirs(Sons) of Gods, is what makes the most sense to me.the Angels were locked away immediately after they had sex with women.
Do you have a reference other than the one I gave before?the nephelim was still around after the Flood of Noah.
as you have stated Jesus did indeed cast them out but not directly into the abyss. Yet we have the account in Peter and Jude that concludes the fallen angels are now bound, interesting I presume you used the demoniac account in Mt 8 as reference to angels not being cast into Hell, as the swine ran into the deep sea(abyss) A word play that to me ironically confirms that demons are now in the abyss/pit but I suppose its a complicated parable, also in the sense of the 2 men, 2000 swine(yet the number of demons is unknown)and the inference to the gentiles.the demons Jesus encountered who asked [[if it was the time]] were not locked away and free to roam. Jesus did not send any demon to Hell he cast out.
Yet ive never seen one nor will I see one, considering I believe the bible says they are not out and about today thats not surprising really I suppose, but notice after a demon was cast out the man went and told the whole town, and the whole town was amazed at the mans exorcism and now normal state, What Im saying is demon possession was very real and everyone believed in them and saw them, both believers and unbelievers, the gospel accounts seem to show a very different picture to the very sneaky invisible demons of today.demons are very active today!
Fallen Angels [[ARE NOT]] demons!
they are fallen Angels!
Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?
There are a few Catholic priests who claim to be exorcists. But those claims are generally not made by evangelicals. Unless one has personally seen what happens and what is the end result, it is best to reserve judgment.So in summary, I believe demon possession is as real as it ever was but I don't know of any genuine exorcists with powers like we see in the Bible. If there are any, it's the best kept secret on the planet.
Is demonic possession and Christian exorcism still going on today? Or is it all fake?