Explain your current Avatar

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2005
Let's play a game!

Two parameters:

1. Explain your current avatar. What is it? Why did you choose it?

2. When you change to an avatar you have never used before, tell your friends why!

If you change your avatar often, so much the better. It will give us things to talk about.

Derailments are also completely acceptable, as the general idea is to stimulate conversation with a stream of pictures.

Banzai!

A

arwen83

It's me, I got tired of putting LOTR reference pics up, and couldn't think of anything else. The pic is from 2011.

Yourself? I imagine that is a pic of some American president or politician or whoever of importance?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
Right now this is my favorite show. All my other favorites are in drydock until spring (except Walking Dead).
[video=youtube;oB-vEoE65M8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-vEoE65M8[/video]

Jul 25, 2012

Look at that beautiful Chinese dish. I could choke on that and be happy knowing this was the cause of my untimely death. The soft noodles. The juicy beef strips. The greasy veggies. An OHHHHHHH -Twirls like a fork in spaghetti- The sweet, mouth watering succulent shrimp.

S

SeatBelt

Mine is a "post-it note from God" there to remind me that He is in control and things will work better if I leave things to Him.

C

cayosura

I like this very much too =) I complete season 1 in like a few days..It is a twist of many fairy tales. :cool: My avatar is of my cousin & I, taken at a nearby lake in Markham, Ontario.

Right now this is my favorite show. All my other favorites are in drydock until spring (except Walking Dead).
[video=youtube;oB-vEoE65M8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-vEoE65M8[/video]

K

Kefa52

My avatar is a picture of me at a craft fair this summer. I picked it because it is the only picture I have of me after loosing 50 lbs.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I usually don't use a personal picture as an avatar, but a long time ago a poster here implied that the reason I'm single must be because I look like the female version of Gollum... on a good day...

Well, maybe the hair.

Anyway. Victoria's Secret won't come wooing with a contract anytime soon but they do let me out in public... occasionally. :)

I usually choose avatar pictures with castles in fantasy settings (in the clouds, on a cliff with a waterfall, etc.) because I have a personal obsession with castles, sunrises/sets, and landscapes.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Mine is my face. It usually is. I understand why some would choose not to, for personal reasons (and for a bit, my avatar here was the heart-melting Puss in Boots), but I like putting faces to names. :) If I ever go back to a non-face it will be either my kitten or Puss in Boots again.

For the particular one I have now, I was feeling especially spry with that clip-in flower thing in my hair that I wore for Valentine's Day. I also felt that it was a good hair day (I straightened it for once in a long time) so...I figured I'd take a picture. :eek:

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
My avatar is a video game controller in the style of the NES. It says God is in Control and it serves as a reminder to myself, and hopefully others also, that God is always in control. It's like we are in a video game and God is the one holding the controller, only in this ''game'' there are lives gained and not lost and there are no game overs.

Delerion

Feb 9, 2013
My avatar is named Virgil. He is the Superintendent AI for the city of New Mombasa on the African continent in the 2550's during the Human-Covenant war. And as you'd guess he is from the Halo series in Halo 3: ODST. I chose him because I'm a huge fan of the Halo series overall, and because he can be pretty goofy at times. Virgil is also the name of my current computer, lol.

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
A rough (but quite accurate) drawing of myself.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
I change mine a lot, but usually it's a picture of a cat or kitten that I got off of the Internet.

Z

zaoman32

Zack Morris...nuff said.

R

Robbinette

I was looking for something cute for valentine's day and this little dinosaur was so adorable. And it was different which I love as well. I didn't really want to put a pic of my face as my avatar because I kinda wanted people to be interested in me because of me not for how I look :)

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I usually don't use a personal picture as an avatar, but a long time ago a poster here implied that the reason I'm single must be because I look like the female version of Gollum... on a good day...
'Tis no truer than it is kind. People don't need a reason to be cruel. :(

My avatar? I stole it from one of Jullianna's albums! :D

(yes I asked first)

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
My avatar is a photo of me leaning my hand and head on top of my wooden cross. It doesn't hold any specific meaning, just a thought I had for a photo.

On a related note, Popclick is not only using a photo from Julianna's photo album for her avatar, she also once asked me if she could use my photo of myself at six years-old for her avatar. But I told her no, it would not be appropriate for a person to use someone else's portrait as an avatar.

I think she's still disappointed about it!!!

U

Ugly

Mine is off a tshirt for an old Christian punk band i listened to as a teen. He is a punk rocker with a pool ball with the letter 3 for Trinity, and instead of a sXe X he has an icthus on his hand.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
My avatar is a picture of myself, but it's from the spring of last year. I am currently looking for another avatar on Pinterest. When I change it, I'll update y'all. :D

A

adekruif

I think my avatar is pretty self explanatory.