EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
haha and God has said he is the only one who is perfect
[h=1]Revelation 1:8[/h] “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
there it is his words he is perfect in every way

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I heard there are love languages, also...

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
i may be a cranky pants today i have no cigarettes or gum and I am well on my way to a nervous break down lol.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
haha just kidding i think i did read the first book you listed

Mar 2, 2016
i may be a cranky pants today i have no cigarettes or gum and I am well on my way to a nervous break down lol.
Haha. I feel sort of bad that my lighthearted op was so offensive. I feel misunderstood but I'll get over it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You don't strike me as being cranky... :) but I will say, the quit-smoking "gimmicks" did not work for me at all. I had to just completely surrender it to God. That was the only thing that worked for me. When I did that, I did not even experience cravings. What a relief! I had feared that, having to face cravings. That was how I knew it was a miracle, really, and that God really had taken it from me when I gave it to Him. :D

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
Haha. I feel sort of bad that my lighthearted op was so offensive. I feel misunderstood but I'll get over it.
no that is not why i said that i said that because i can not be held responsible for what i may say today cause i am not of sound mind lol. withdrawl from cigs is not fun

Mar 2, 2016
no that is not why i said that i said that because i can not be held responsible for what i may say today cause i am not of sound mind lol. withdrawl from cigs is not fun

You're just fine. Been there.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
This is like my 3000 time trying to quit sometimes i try on purpose other times i run out an I can not get more for several days

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is like my 3000 time trying to quit sometimes i try on purpose other times i run out an I can not get more for several days
#22 <<~~~ There is a post I made to Lynn about quitting smoking :D

Good luck and God bless you!

You don't strike me as being cranky... :) but I will say, the quit-smoking "gimmicks" did not work for me at all. I had to just completely surrender it to God. That was the only thing that worked for me. When I did that, I did not even experience cravings. What a relief! I had feared that, having to face cravings. That was how I knew it was a miracle, really, and that God really had taken it from me when I gave it to Him. :D
Amen, same here for me sister. God took the beer, cigs and weed (and the cravings...they were non-existent). As well as you, it truly was a miracle. And that was important...giving them to Him. The beer and the weed 3-30-15, the cigs 9-3-15. Had smoked weed and cigs from the age of 17 until then.

God is Good!! Praying for you Jennifer!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Amen, same here for me sister. God took the beer, cigs and weed (and the cravings...they were non-existent). As well as you, it truly was a miracle. And that was important...giving them to Him. The beer and the weed 3-30-15, the cigs 9-3-15. Had smoked weed and cigs from the age of 17 until then.

God is Good!! Praying for you Jennifer!
Hallelujah! Amen God is good, our God is an awesome God!

I tested Him to quit the first time, when I was trying to quit as a non-believer. It is part of that post I gave a link to on Lynn's thread from April. I just passed the two year mark earlier this month! And also at the end of twenty four years of alcohol and drug addiction I cried out to God from the depths of my being for help, not even knowing if He was really there and not even believing that drugs and alcohol were a problem (I liked them haha) but within days of crying out to Him I was clean and sober! :):):)

Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and
power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
I am giving my smoking burden to God I pray that I will remain smoke free this time and do not crave them. The cravings and the feeling anxious are the worst part.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am giving my smoking burden to God I pray that I will remain smoke free this time and do not crave them. The cravings and the feeling anxious are the worst part.
I totally understand, for it was fear of the cravings that kept me from trying to quit; thinking I would be doing it on my own strength really tripped me up, I used patches for a year and a half! And continued to smoke, cutting down over time to half of what I had smoked and then cutting down even more but at some point I realized I was not really trying to quit... I was trying to find the magic number I could smoke every day without it killing me. But it was still killing me. Praying for you!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I totally about the cravings and feeling anxious.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It has been two years and one week since I quit smoking the last time :)

(With apologies to Sirk for derailing your thread.)

Mar 2, 2016
It has been two years and one week since I quit smoking the last time :)

(With apologies to Sirk for derailing your thread.)
No apology needed. You can take it wherever it goes. I like that Jenn was open about her smoking struggles.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
No apology needed. You can take it wherever it goes. I like that Jenn was open about her smoking struggles.
I appreciate that you are so gracious :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Nostradamus - Al Stewart

[video=youtube;qa89bt0GZvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa89bt0GZvQ&amp;index=17&amp;list=RDMM7rbj6fx2RdM[/video]
Man, man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea...