Ezekiel 28:13-15.....proof text that the "gap theory" is unbiblical.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
There are many many ways to measure the earths age. We know by looking at Gen. ch. 1 that the universe is not 6000 years old.
First off, can you even show me things like God creating a "universe" as modern scientism describes it in Genesis chapter one? Where do we see outer space, nebulae, or galaxies?

What I DO see is the appearance of age, as Adam or trees or whales where created complete and not in their embryonic stage. But appearance of age and actual age are not the same thing. Hollywood fakes the appearance of age all the time for movie sets and props.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
So........IF God changed His "Laws of Nature" that is always the comeback I get.
Now explain why God needs to change and HURRY UP the timelines because God lives in ALL TIMES at once, so as soon as he finished speaking creation He was living un the finished product already, time does not constrain God, thus He is not impatient as humans might be.

The Laws of Nature were created by God for us, He doesn't need to change them. He was living in the end product as soon as He spoke creation into existence.
You read a whole lot into my post that isn't actually there. If you have comments about what I did write, I'll be happy to respond further.

Nov 17, 2017
Good afternoon!
Evidently, Satan was yet unfallen after Eden had already been created. The rebellion happened after Eden (and Adam, who preceded the creation of Eden) were created and established.

Ezekiel 28:13-15
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

“You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.

You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.
How would you reconcile this verse?

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Past, future or both?

God Bless!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
We also must realize that so called 'science' is not always true science = just as you stated "Science is continually changing"

Satanists/Globalists/Religionists all use science-fiction to deceive = for he who controls 'perception' controls the minds of the sheeple.
The world has been drifting away from God for a very long time. The founders of modern science believed firmly in God the Creator. As society has turned away from God, so has science. Darwin and others who promoted evolution had a lot to do with this. But it is more a symptom than a cause.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
Evidently, Satan was yet unfallen after Eden had already been created. The rebellion happened after Eden (and Adam, who preceded the creation of Eden) were created and established.

Ezekiel 28:13-15
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

“You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.

You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.
Ezekiel 28:13-15 is telling you how the world was before the over through when the world became void and with out form. The start of Ezekiel 28 gives you the demotion of Satan from King to prince.
God in Job 38:7 askes Job this: (where were you) "When the morning stars sang together, and ALL the sons of God shouted for joy" Satan was a part of that all. So answer me (I am not calming to be God, like God or anything else) When did that take place?
Isiah 55 says Gods word shall not go out of His mouth void and it shall accomplish what I intend it to do.
Did God intend to create the world dark, formless, uninhabited, or did something happen to make it that way.
My God is perfect He does not create things void, formless and without purpose.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
The earth “that was” also had a garden of Eden. Lucifer was placed there having dominion over the earth as Adam would later. Lucifer rebelled because he wanted more. He wanted to exalt his throne above God.
John146 you are right on the money.
I have always understood that satan had his little rebellion way back in 'eternity past'. The words 'the earth was without form and void' have always hinted to me that something happened to the original earth. Some might consider that makes me a non believer or heretic of some kind, but I can assure that neither is true. Further, I do not believe thinking there was a former earth reflects on salvation and certainly does not play a part in salvation.

If we want to 'firm up' everything in scripture, that is believe we have understood it all and have the truth neatly tucked away, I am afraid an awful lot of us will be in for a big surprise one day. Still, doesn't hurt to discuss it.
Avery, I see that you have some deeper knowledge because your post is on the money. Glad to see others on this site that take Gods word and study it to get the true meaning.

Jan 12, 2022
Ezekiel 28 is not about the creation account. In this portion of Ezekiel, the prophet of God has been giving prophecies against the several nations starting in chapter 25 and finishing off with chapter 39 Ezekiel prophesies against pretty much every race of mankind. From chapters 26 to 28 Ezekiel prophesies against Tyre and the Sidonians. In times earlier the Sidonians had been major allies to Israel and Judah in the days of David and Solomon and had trade pacts with Israel and together they prospered greatly, the Tyrians even helped in building the first Temple. Tyre became very wealthy and opulent due to the blessing of God, but through the course of time this wealth and reputation as master merchants became their own snare and vaunted their hearts against God so much so that their princes and their kings began to think that they are God. Therefore, God lifted up a very base people against them and they were destroyed by the power of the Sword.

Ezekiel 28:7-10
7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
Ezekiel 28 is not about the creation account. In this portion of Ezekiel, the prophet of God has been giving prophecies against the several nations starting in chapter 25 and finishing off with chapter 39 Ezekiel prophesies against pretty much every race of mankind. From chapters 26 to 28 Ezekiel prophesies against Tyre and the Sidonians. In times earlier the Sidonians had been major allies to Israel and Judah in the days of David and Solomon and had trade pacts with Israel and together they prospered greatly, the Tyrians even helped in building the first Temple. Tyre became very wealthy and opulent due to the blessing of God, but through the course of time this wealth and reputation as master merchants became their own snare and vaunted their hearts against God so much so that their princes and their kings began to think that they are God. Therefore, God lifted up a very base people against them and they were destroyed by the power of the Sword.

7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.
Tyrus #6865 Strong's meaning rock: Our rock the solid rock is Jesus, their rock is Satan. There was a point in time God talked to Job about when all the sons of God shouted for joy. They were all of one spirit, one mind one soul. That was the time spoken of in Ezekiel 28 where God called Satan the anointed cherub, perfect in thy ways. Then Satan got proud He did not want to protect the mercy seat he wanted to set in it, he wanted to kick Jesus out and take his place. Thus the destruction the over through the destruction of that perfect earth and heaven age. More to come

Jan 12, 2022
Tyrus #6865 Strong's meaning rock: Our rock the solid rock is Jesus, their rock is Satan. There was a point in time God talked to Job about when all the sons of God shouted for joy. They were all of one spirit, one mind one soul. That was the time spoken of in Ezekiel 28 where God called Satan the anointed cherub, perfect in thy ways. Then Satan got proud He did not want to protect the mercy seat he wanted to set in it, he wanted to kick Jesus out and take his place. Thus the destruction the over through the destruction of that perfect earth and heaven age. More to come
Tyre is a city, it used to be the chief city of the race of the Sidonians, that is until God fulfilled his word against them which he pronounced against them here in this prophecy as well as the preceding chapters, and gave strength to the power of the Sword of the peoples that utterly wasted Tyre.

As for that old serpent, he is not in this chapter, nor for that matter featured at all in the whole book of Ezekiel. Genesis 3 is the book and the chapter you want to read to know that particular story.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021

Part 2. What was God to do destroy all the children that sided with Satan? What about those that stood on the sideline and did nothing. What about those that sided with God? Keep them and destroy everyone else. No chose to set up this earth age where we should be born of woman given the chose to follow Him or Satan. Loving us enough to send His only son to die on the cross so we could find redemption, forgiveness and sonship through Jesus Christ, or we could chose to follow Satan. Remember God wishes non to parish

Jan 12, 2022
Part 2. What was God to do destroy all the children that sided with Satan? What about those that stood on the sideline and did nothing. What about those that sided with God? Keep them and destroy everyone else. No chose to set up this earth age where we should be born of woman given the chose to follow Him or Satan. Loving us enough to send His only son to die on the cross so we could find redemption, forgiveness and sonship through Jesus Christ, or we could chose to follow Satan. Remember God wishes non to parish
Never heard of the earth age, nor do I understand where you are reading all this from. I know this though; the people of Tyre were wiped out by the Sword just like the Lord God said they would be here in Ezekiel 28. Their princes, their king, and the common Sidonian they were wiped out by the Sword of God, the prophecy which Ezekiel spoke was true in the name of Jesus, amen.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
Tyre is a city, it used to be the chief city of the race of the Sidonians, that is until God fulfilled his word against them which he pronounced against them here in this prophecy as well as the preceding chapters, and gave strength to the power of the Sword of the peoples that utterly wasted Tyre.

As for that old serpent, he is not in this chapter, nor for that matter featured at all in the whole book of Ezekiel. Genesis 3 is the book and the chapter you want to read to know that particular story.
What is verse 14 talking about? Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Jan 12, 2022
What is verse 14 talking about? Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
The king of Tyre used to be an ally of Israel and Judah earlier in the Bible, very good, and very wise. God granted the Tyrians much blessings and honor and riches. Yet these things of the earth became a snare unto the Tyrians and their kings, and so their heart lifted up and he began to think he is God. So the Lord my God destroyed Tyre and the Sidonians utterly; their princes, their kings, and their common people, all were destroyed by the Sword. So famously and swiftly did the Lord my God tear Tyre down, even from the height of their power were they suddenly destroyed, that indeed the fall of their civilization is still an astonishment to this very day just like the Lord God said by his prophet Ezekiel.

A

Avery

John146 you are right on the money.

Avery, I see that you have some deeper knowledge because your post is on the money. Glad to see others on this site that take Gods word and study it to get the true meaning.

Well, I don't know. I have never understand the opening of Genesis any other way even though I was always taught the 7 days and nights consisting of 24 hr cycles growing up. Deeper knowledge. There's an interesting concept. There is so much much more to God and all of His creation than most would suspect. Yet in His wisdom He limits what is known in His word.

Or do I just have an over active imagination? ;)

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
Look at the relationship of time to eternity as a wheel instead of a line. With eternity in the hub and time running along the rim, you can see how God (and every creature in eternity) has access to all of time, all of the time (like randomly inserted spokes).

With this view, is it possible that while in eternity satan had access to all of time, yet when he fell, he entered time at the point of the fall?

This way, satan can be seen in heaven accusing the brethren throughout the realm of time, yet still be exiled to earth for all of time.
Interesting observation of the temporal as compared to the eternal. I have always maintained that the eternal can invade the temporal but not the other way around.