Ezekiel's Temple

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Ezekiel's Temple an actual temple that will be built with his measurements?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
May 18, 2017
I voted on the poll and noticed MAJORITY voted "NO"?
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!? The temple is clearly described in the bible isnt it? hmm.

Now ask the no voters if they believe in replacement theology.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Is Ezekiel's Temple an actual temple that will be built with his measurements?

Ezekiel 40:5 - Ezekiel 42:20
Absolutely, otherwise why would the measurements be outlined in the bible?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!? The temple is clearly described in the bible isnt it? hmm.

Yeah, you don't devote 8 chapters of detailed information on an imaginary temple, with all of its rooms, the porticos, with their palm trees and cherubim, the description of the rooms where the sacrifices are kept, the utensils for the sacrifices, the description of the rivers, etc. The following is an excerpt from Ezekiel, which is written in the tone as "a matter of fact."

================================================

He told me, “This river flows toward the eastern territories all the way down into the Arabah, and from there its water flows toward the Dead Sea, where the sea water turns fresh. It will support all kinds of living creatures that will thrive abundantly wherever the river flows. There will be a great many fish, because this water will flow there and turn the salt water fresh. As a result, everything will live wherever the river flows. A day will come when fishermen will line its banks—from En-gedi to En-eglaimi there will be plenty of room to spread out nets. There will be all sorts of species of fish, as abundant as the fish that live in the Mediterranean Sea. There will be lots of them!

“The river delta will consist of swamps and marshes that will remain a salt water wetland preserve. Lining each side of the river banks, all sorts of species of fruit trees will be growing. Their leaves will never wither and their fruit will never fail. They will bear fruit every month, because the water that nourishes them will be flowing from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves will contain substances that promote healing.”

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
It's the millennium; but, it's not heaven.

"The offerings (45:18–25; 46:9–15, 19–24): On the first day of each new year, in the early spring, they are to sacrifice a bull to purify the Temple."[1]

[HR][/HR][1] Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Eze 45:18–25). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.
Yeah, I am familiar with the sacrifices, but the question is why? Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice which should do away with all animal sacrifices.

Apr 15, 2017
Ezekiel temple.

The New Jerusalem.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

It is certain that it is not a temple in the New Jerusalem,for the Bible declares that there is not one,and there is no need for a temple in the New Jerusalem,with the only make up of the spiritual nature,and the saints in glorified bodies,and can never sin.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

The New Jerusalem is all spiritual,and will be a place where sin has never been,and sin will never be,and the former earth,and former heaven,has passed away,and will be no more,and the saints,and the angels,will not remember anything prior to the New Jerusalem,for the former earth,and heaven,will not be remembered,or come to mind.

The only thing that will go on forever from the earth is the saints,and charity,love.

So the temple has no place in the New Jerusalem,and has no benefit for it to be there.

7 years period that God is allowing all people that do not love Him to follow a kingdom in rebellion of Him,and His people,and operation for the world,so He can put them down.

The man of sin will establish peace in the Middle East,and the Gentile nations will come together,and say,Peace and safety,and the 7 years period will begin,and will be the time that the Gentiles that do not love God will fall from the truth,and God will bring Israel to the truth.

Israel will rebuild their temple,and go back to animal sacrifices,and the man of sin will enter their temple,and tell them to stop animal sacrifices,and claim to be their God and Messiah,and place the abomination of desolation,and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,which he will spread his occult,spiritual evolution ways,throughout the earth,which the Bible says he will be in the occult,witchcraft,and not honor the God of his fathers,and not regard any god,but honor the God of forces,the power of nature as his God.

So this temple that the Jews build cannot be the temple of Ezekiel,for it was polluted by the man of sin that placed the abomination of desolation.

The millennial reign of Christ.

Eze 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
Eze 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
Eze 39:23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
Eze 39:24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.
Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

The world attacks Israel,and God saves Israel,and defeats the world,and the kingdom on earth restored to Israel,which there will be no Gentile government ruling at the time,or in operation,and Jesus and the saints will rule over one sixth of the world that fought against Israel.

Then the next chapter goes in to Ezekiel's temple.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

The beast persecutes the saints,and then they are resurrected,and the beast attacks Israel,and Jesus comes back with the all the saints,and defeats the world,and saves Israel.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
Zec 14:21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

The heathen that God spared at the battle of Armageddon will not acknowledge any God,or religious figure,but only the Lord Jesus Christ,and have to go up year after year to worship Jesus at Jerusalem,and then talks of the Lord's house at that time.

It seems like the temple of Ezekiel will be in the millennial reign of Christ,and will be such an elaborate temple,for Jesus Himself is ruling on earth,and it is still a physical earth,and the heathen are physical,being in the flesh,but it is not spiritual as the New Jerusalem,so the temple can apply at that time of the millennial reign of Christ,for it is based on the physical earth,but will not apply in the New Jerusalem that is all spiritual.

Joe 3:18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
The following is what the angel tells Ezekiel prior to describing the city and the temple:

"This is what the man told me: “Son of Man, watch carefully, listen closely, and remember everything I’m going to be showing you, because you’ve been brought here to be shown what you’re about to see. Be sure that you tell the house of Israel everything that you observe.”

Why would the angel tell Ezekiel to watch carefully and listen closely and for him to tell the house of Israel about an imaginary temple and city?

Jan 21, 2017
Now ask the no voters if they believe in replacement theology.
Ah yes replacement theology. Is this the doctrine where romans chapter9-11 dont exist? Where all of the OT prophets' plain messages to jerusalem and israel are spiritualized to talk of the gospel or church?

As someone with jewish heritage its truly sickening to see some churches fall into replacement theology :/

Aug 15, 2009
Greetings serpentdove,

I'm with you on this. God devoted 8 chapters regarding the temple in Ezekiel. That would be a lot of chapters and a lot of detail for an imaginary temple. Not only that, but it is written as something that will take place. Even the precise land allotments for the twelve tribes of Israel are given, including the location of the temple within those allotments.

Preterists, such as Valiant, must allegorize everything in order to support their position, even if it appears to be ridiculous, as is his claim of the temple only meant to be seen by Ezekiel and not a literal temple to be built.
If you ask me, his posts seem ridiculous because he's ridiculous.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Yeah, I am familiar with the sacrifices, but the question is why? Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice which should do away with all animal sacrifices.
One commentary I read was that Israel gets another chance to get it right as a nation. I don't know if that's the answer though, but it sounds right.

Nov 14, 2016
Ah yes replacement theology. Is this the doctrine where romans chapter9-11 dont exist? Where all of the OT prophets' plain messages to jerusalem and israel are spiritualized to talk of the gospel or church?

As someone with jewish heritage its truly sickening to see some churches fall into replacement theology :/
***the answer is to replace the theology, not Israel...

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016

I just made yes the majority. For how long?....... I don't know.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
Ezekiel temple.

The New Jerusalem.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

It is certain that it is not a temple in the New Jerusalem,for the Bible declares that there is not one,and there is no need for a temple in the New Jerusalem,with the only make up of the spiritual nature,and the saints in glorified bodies,and can never sin.
I know this has been answered many times but here are my 2 cents.

As usual you and others pull verses out of context and try to use them to no good. I hope you remember God is watching always.

As far as Rev. 21:22 goes, it is speaking of the New Jerusalem which will have no temple within it because God will live amongst us and we will live with HIM.

The structure of the temples (3 of them by last count) were and will be made for the Holy Priest to not only live within but also distribute out God's laws to the People. Within the Temple, there was a special area called the Holy of Holies. This was where God would come down from Heaven to be among his people. Even the High Priest, could only enter the Holy of Holies one time per year. This is how sacred it is.

However, because GOD hates sin, he cannot live amongst us in the form we are now or have been for 5777 years, thus the Holy of Holies. Above in Rev 21:22 here will be no need for a temple within a temple for there will be no SIN here.[/B]

Are you ready for God to Judge you MattToFar????.......does not sound like it......

Pray that God reaches out and Blesses you and your Day.

Blade

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2017

The boundaries of holy oblation (Ezekiel 48:9,10,13,15,18,20). The area of the land plot of Levi. The borders of Israel (Ezekiel 47:15-20). Land plots of the tribes of Israel (Ezekiel 48:1-7,23-27). Land for the President (Ezekiel 48:21,22). Joseph's striped robe (Genesis 37:3). Double plot of land for Joseph (Ezekiel 47:13,14). The "face" of the Messiah. The land of Moriah. Details of the route of Abraham (Genesis 22:4,5). The place where Abraham’s knife may lie. 500 reeds around the Temple (Ezekiel 43:16-20). Where is the right side of the House and where is the left side of the House. The watershed of the basins of two streams - Nahal Arugot and Nahal Hever. Details of the flow of water (Ezekiel 47:1,2,8-10).

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Anyone who bothers to study and compare the Book of Ezekiel with the Book of revelation will soon see that many of the features in Revelation are based on Ezekiel. That includes the Ezekiel Temple and the New Jerusalem. Much of Revelation is based on Old Testament passages and cant be really understood without knowledge of the Old Testament.