Facebook needs to upgrade its bots

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I got hit with a 30-day ban just for posting a list of Metallica albums.
I didn't consider the fact that one of the albums titles has the word kill in it and that's what got me flagged. It's all done by bots so there are no actual human beings you can appeal it to and they don't take context into consideration have you had similar experiences getting suspended from Facebook for no good reason?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I didn't consider the fact that one of the albums titles has the word kill in it and that's what got me flagged. It's all done by bots so there are no actual human beings you can appeal it to and they don't take context into consideration have you had similar experiences getting suspended from Facebook for no good reason?
actually joined facebook for the first time ever a while back.

after about 3 weeks, they demanded a picture of myself, as a " reference"

i would not. and i have a terminated account.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I get that a private owned Media company can filter content at their own discretion but they're getting ridiculous suspending people for petty irrelevant stuff

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I've never had a facebook account, but I am thankful there is Facebook. It has brought me much entertainment over the last few years. :giggle:

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Ha, ha. Finally getting a taste of your own medicine, maybe? Experiencing what some of us have experienced on multiple anti-free-speech platforms for years, if not decades?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ha, ha. Finally getting a taste of your own medicine, maybe? Experiencing what some of us have experienced on multiple anti-free-speech platforms for years, if not decades?
Eh, it's the price we as a society pay for the systems we have supported over the decades.

infrastructures.png

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah we're not going to do this here you're trying to compare Alex Jones defaming grieving families to my posting and innocent list of Metallica albums. I will put you on ignore. We're not doing that

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Have you considered the fact that the curvature of the earth might be flat?
This would explain why A.I. is going haywire.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Have you considered the fact that the curvature of the earth might be flat?
This would explain why A.I. is going haywire.
This isn't the first time I've been zuched for a comment taken out of context. They just need to upgrade their bots to read the context instead of just flagging keywords

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Yeah we're not going to do this here you're trying to compare Alex Jones defaming grieving families to my posting and innocent list of Metallica albums. I will put you on ignore. We're not doing that
Why do you presume that your Metallica albums be more innocent than Alex Jones?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This isn't the first time I've been zuched for a comment taken out of context. They just need to upgrade their bots to read the context instead of just flagging keywords
Ever tried it?

tasks_2x.png

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Why do you presume that your Metallica albums be more innocent than Alex Jones?
Because to my knowledge Metallica never slandered or defamed anyone. Alex Jones did. My question back to you would be why do you think it's morally acceptable for someone to slander and defame grieving families?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Because to my knowledge Metallica never slandered or defamed anyone. Alex Jones did. My question back to you would be why do you think it's morally acceptable for someone to slander and defame grieving families?
Because if an accusation is true, it's not slander or defamation.

Remember the Johnny Depp show trial, where that mean lady had slandered him in public, and she was trying to prove in court how evil Johnny Depp really was? Truth matters.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is all fine and dandy to love our enemies but there is a line drawn between loving them and approving of their activities. when they are sin.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Because if an accusation is true, it's not slander or defamation.

Remember the Johnny Depp show trial, where that mean lady had slandered him in public, and she was trying to prove in court how evil Johnny Depp really was? Truth matters.
He said the families of shooting victims lied about the deaths of their children.
They didn't. It really happened

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
He said the families of shooting victims lied about the deaths of their children.
They didn't. It really happened
How do you know? And why was the alleged father laughing?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
How do you know? And why was the alleged father laughing?
Also we've been over this numerous times on the other thread. Even though Sandy Hook is a small town, just try to get 500 people to keep a secret.
Also the police department would have to be in on it, the coroner, the funeral home, the local newspapers, that's not something that happens in reality.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Most interesting thread derail I've seen in 2 months. Four stars. Would watch a derail like this again.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Most interesting thread derail I've seen in 2 months. Four stars. Would watch a derail like this again.
:LOL: Can we add a bit of flat earth too?