Facing Death

  • Thread starter Thread starter morefaithrequired
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

Guest
Im not in that position yet. But how does it REALLY feel?
That will be the real test of our Christian faith? Will you really believe you are going to a better place? The horror of thinking that you might be going to a much worse place.
Panic stations! Unceasing prayer!! man the life boats. This is serious stuff! No more worldly escapism or lame excuses for not praying.
Are some people terrified of death because of the uncertainty of it all?
Better the "devil "you know? As we hold on to the life we know. Our health might be fading fast but we know this place. its familiar. Even those curious family members are wanting to know whether I included them in the will. How much will they get? Ah the irony of it all. Will I exit the same time as I think of the lamest joke ever made? Is life absurd after all?
But I think there is some envy going on. The dying are possibly envious of the living? Where the Hell am I headed? While you guys continue to party and dance on my grave. Life was good but why does it have to end? I was just starting to like so and so, despite hating them most of my life.
 
and facing life is even harder

Back when I was 19 turning 20 I took a summer long French Immersion course, and part of it required that we write a poem...it had to start with the subjunctive tense...It is required that, I must or I have to....it is neccessary, I want that... Anyway this is the poem I wrote.

Je veux que ma vie ne soit pas perdue
La raison pourquoi je continue
Aider les gens qui sont malade
Ou devenir un athlète qui joue au stade
Je ne sais pas ce que je dois faire
Ma vie maintenant est une grande geurre
Je veux ni partir, ni rester ansi....
Mais quand même je sortirai de mon lit

It rhymes in French....here's the non rhyming English version

I want that my life not be lost (I wanted to say wasted but didn't know that word in French back then)
The reason I keep going
Is it to help those who are sick
Or become a famous athlete
I don't know what I should do
My life is a battle (war)
I don't want to leave, but I don't want to stay either...
But anyway I guess I'll get outta bed
 
  • Like
Reactions: morefaithrequired
For many people, it's the "not knowing" that gets to them.
That also makes life a bit scary as well.
my wife has cancer. got diagnosed in 2013. its the not knowing...the anxiety.....it kills the instinct for optimism.
 
my wife has cancer. got diagnosed in 2013. its the not knowing...the anxiety.....it kills the instinct for optimism.

I am so sorry to hear this! You are right that it does, indeed, kill the optimism, which is something we all need to carry within us. At times, this almost feels impossible. The anxiety adds to it, therefore, creating stress, something else we don't need, but we all know it's not always avoidable. I believe everything (both the good and the bad) happens for a reason. We don't always know what that reason is. Again, here we go with the not knowing. I will keep your wife in my prayers. Whatever happens, I'm sure her beautiful soul will be in God's wonderful hands, as He has her best interest at heart.
 
I am so sorry to hear this! You are right that it does, indeed, kill the optimism, which is something we all need to carry within us. At times, this almost feels impossible. The anxiety adds to it, therefore, creating stress, something else we don't need, but we all know it's not always avoidable. I believe everything (both the good and the bad) happens for a reason. We don't always know what that reason is. Again, here we go with the not knowing. I will keep your wife in my prayers. Whatever happens, I'm sure her beautiful soul will be in God's wonderful hands, as He has her best interest at heart.
nice post
thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: WingsOfLight
A true Christian has no fear of death.. A true Christian's confidence is in the trustworthiness of Christ.. Not in their own worthiness.. But people ensnared in works salvation cults will often come to the point of fear wondering if they have done enough good deeds to justify their own place with God.. Indeed they should be filled with fear because they have no place with God..
 
A true Christian has no fear of death.. A true Christian's confidence is in the trustworthiness of Christ.. Not in their own worthiness.. But people ensnared in works salvation cults will often come to the point of fear wondering if they have done enough good deeds to justify their own place with God.. Indeed they should be filled with fear because they have no place with God..
There is no wrong in a Christian being afraid of the unknown, we have a Father who understands, Jesus was so afraid that he was sweating blood.
 
Hello……..on fear of death, I do not consider myself a man of great courage and valor, never have. Now that said, I have surprised myself on occasions in my lifetime. Once as an adolescent going out with my father's girlfriend to check on someone prowling in our yard and garage, and another time chargining into a bunch of folks running out of an establishment with shots being fired. Somehow I disarmed one of three of the shooters, stopping the exchange.

Both of these times I did not stop and think, it was an automatic reaction. I feared death then, and since 1969, Good Friday, I have been convinced of our Lord, Jesus, Yeshua. Yet I believe I am no different in that regard than before. Our Savior is "Brave" for us come the necessity. Until then we are not He, but striving to be as He. Praise our Maker, amen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: morefaithrequired
There is no wrong in a Christian being afraid of the unknown, we have a Father who understands, Jesus was so afraid that he was sweating blood.

Jesus knowing the future knew how He was about to be executed, He knew his death would be horrific..

When it comes to salvation if one believes Jesus and trusts in what Jesus did to save them then they should have no fear.. Because they know their future bejond death is salvation.. It is not unknown..