Faith, and the matthew verses.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mindfulzen

Banned
Aug 4, 2021
586
185
43
I have no doubt that Jesus loves us, the faith is strong. My comment really is from a philosophical point of view, combined with the biblical teachings. Are we not born as sinners, out of an act of sin? And then we journey that way untill we find faith, so in order to get to a place in life of peace, we must add content, deal with temptation and all sorts of stuff, that make us who we are. Before we then seek the kingdom of God in truth. And I agree with Hobbes quite a bit, and other philosophers, and it is identitytheory/practice involved. So the path is not one way fits all. But all paths can lead you to the same place.

I have a problem with the matthew book, the wording is ancient, and almost impossible to read. Have to use a dictionary. And it does seem to be the same issue in your bible. 7.9, what does that even mean? I have no clue, same for the following ones, this must be read in full for me. As I have, but I did not fully understand it all, since I need a bible with a newer translation. 7.7 I understand, I think this is about praying, and I do not pray. I want some things for the computer, and get back some hijacked email accounts, but I do not think that is the sort of things that I should ask the lord for. I do not think it is right to pray for material things.

1ofthem pointed out that we disagree on the first point about adding content, temptations, tests, fail or succeed. And other then that, we seem to agree on faith and that God is key. But my formulation in this pasted comment from another thread may have been mistaken on that point. I was asked to make it into a single thread, so it is done.