Faith in what? What is the core principle for true saving faith?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 20, 2018
Ohio
There are many factors in the Word of God that we should have faith in, but which is the correct one for true saving faith?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hello and welcome...
Saving faith is in the finished work of Jesus, as outlined by the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third to according to the Scriptures".

There are many more "pieces" to the gospel message, but this is the core of it.

We as descendants of Adam and Eve inherited the sin nature. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is life eternal. Jesus, Who is God incarnate, paid the penalty for our sin on the cross. Our belief is in Who He is and what He has done for us, and our faith is in the sufficiency of His sacrifice on our behalf, and the certainty of His resurrection and our resurrection after this life ends.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There are many factors in the Word of God that we should have faith in, but which is the correct one for true saving faith?
Since according to you people are already elected to salvation and given the "gift" of faith, why do they need saving faith?

May 20, 2018
Ohio
Since according to you people are already elected to salvation and given the "gift" of faith, why do they need saving faith?
My point is not how the faith is obtained, but what exact principle or truth should be the foundation for that faith. And yes, I say that Christ died for everyone written in the book of Life, and I don't believe there are any new entries or erase marks in it.

May 20, 2018
Ohio
My point is not how the faith is obtained, but what exact principle or truth should be the foundation for that faith. And yes, I say that Christ died for everyone written in the book of Life, and I don't believe there are any new entries or erase marks in it.
The God I love and worship doesn't sit with the book in front of him with an eraser looking down thinking "Well she had premarital sex one too many times, let's get her off the list. And look, Joe is one beer over the limit, he's hit." And he doesn't sit up there writing names of those who have decided He meets the quota to be invited into someone's life and heart saying "Oh look, Jimmy has decided that I am good enough for him. Let me just jot him in here real quick," Nope not my God. It's his party, and the invitation list was made before the creation of the world, and solidified when the atoning sacrificial death of Christ was complete. At that very point in time Christ even claims that by saying "It is finished". He did not say "It is finished except for those who decided they wanna come, no, God's plan of salvation for his throughout eternity was complete. I do know in Revelations it says that many people because of the beast will wonder if they are written in the book of Life.

J

joefizz

The way»Jesus«the truth
The light^^^^^^

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And yes, I say that Christ died for everyone written in the book of Life, and I don't believe there are any new entries or erase marks in it.
Actually the Bible speaks of those who will be BLOTTED OUT of the Lamb's book of Life. So you need to revise your theology.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Salvation faith is steadfast and eternal faithfulness to Jesus. For we are saved by the grace of God through faith in Jesus.

Believing the facts about Jesus isn’t salvation faith.
Once upon a time faith isn’t salvation faith.

J

joefizz

Salvation faith is steadfast and eternal faithfulness to Jesus. For we are saved by the grace of God through faith in Jesus.

Believing the facts about Jesus isn’t salvation faith.
Once upon a time faith isn’t salvation faith.
Not even twice upon a once?

May 20, 2018
Ohio
Hello and welcome...
Saving faith is in the finished work of Jesus, as outlined by the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third to according to the Scriptures".

There are many more "pieces" to the gospel message, but this is the core of it.

We as descendants of Adam and Eve inherited the sin nature. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is life eternal. Jesus, Who is God incarnate, paid the penalty for our sin on the cross. Our belief is in Who He is and what He has done for us, and our faith is in the sufficiency of His sacrifice on our behalf, and the certainty of His resurrection and our resurrection after this life ends.
And I couldn't of said it better. Amen to that.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Faith is trusting God...

We must trust in the teachings of God.. And we must trust that the death of Jesus on the cross obtains atonement ( pays our penalty) for all our sins so as to make us deemed justified to enter eternal life with God..

R

Ralph-

Faith in God's forgiveness.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Over and over man is commanded to believe. I could have listed about 50 more verses. Believe, believe, believe:

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Saving faith is the faith that is found in Romans 10:17. That faith is in what is told in Romans 10:9-10.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Saving faith is that rely on Christ alone and his work on the cross. It's about trusting to what is done.

E

eternally-gratefull

core principles of the gospel. in order to have saving faith

1. I am a sinner
2. As a sinner, I am dead to God
3. The penalty of my sin is separation from God
4. the only way to pay the penalty for my sin is death
5. Considering 4, That means I am unable to save myself (I am already dead)
6. Religion (good deeds) will not save me, I am still dead in my sin
7. God became man, Lives a sinless life, and died in my place
8. His resurrection proves God accepted his sacrifice.
9. He is offering a gift of salvation, but I have to receive it,
10. I trust his offer. I trust his word, I trust his integrity, hit faithfulness, and his logos.
11. As the tax collector. I call out, God save me a sinner, and I trust God will save e
12. I trust God will keep me saved, because i do not have the power to continue to maintain my salvation, thus I still can not save myself

I trust God in y hope (eternal life) which God, who can not lie, promised before time began.

Mar 28, 2016
The free gift is the saving faith. It is the only kind. His towards or working in us us. Natural man has no faith reckoned to them. Trusting in the imaginations of one's heart void the faith of Christ is not faith reckoned as the law of faith. The faith in the scriptures refers to the faith of God.

It can be little or much but it only comes from one mutual source, God not seen.

And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.