Falling in love!❤

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Had time to reflect on things recently (as one does from time to time)..and had time to think about the last time I was actually in love.I was actually a bit surprised as realise that I have been in love a few times over the years..and other times what I thought was love was just either infatuation or just being strongly attracted to someone..but being in love was les than I thought.Having said that I am obviously able to fall I love..I am.i am no emotionally distant ect.
What about you...do you fall in love easily...or are very cautious when it come to affairs of the heart?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe that I fall in love more gradually rather than easily. Suddenly, I reach a point where I know, "Yes, this is the one". It has only happened a couple times in my life and since I am married, it will never happen again. There is also a big difference between falling in love and actually loving that person. Falling in love with a person is an emotion while loving that person is an action. A relationship leading to marriage requires you to allow yourself to become vulnerable so that the other can really get to know you and fall in love as well.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Ahhh....falling in love.....😍

Wait! What's that mean again? 🤔

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I believe that I fall in love more gradually rather than easily. Suddenly, I reach a point where I know, "Yes, this is the one". It has only happened a couple times in my life and since I am married, it will never happen again. There is also a big difference between falling in love and actually loving that person. Falling in love with a person is an emotion while loving that person is an action. A relationship leading to marriage requires you to allow yourself to become vulnerable so that the other can really get to know you and fall in love as well.
Yes you're right about there being a difference between falling in love (emotional rollercoaster of such romantic sentiment and affections)..and loving (being loving in practical ways showing kindness..ect on many different levels.
Persons have told me that they love me...but in fact they ever did.Much appreciate your comments on this thread..well received...👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😊

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage.

Or another perspective on "falling in love".

First comes the fall (lust), then comes love ($ wedding ring $).....Wedding ($$)....Misery (monthly expenses)....Kids to keep the marriage intact (mental agony).....And 50% of the time, the divorce (realizing that the fall wasn't such a good idea).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I have come to the conclusion that something worthy of being called love isn't the kind of thing you can fall in and out of.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Loving someone fully is one of the bravest, strongest, and deconstructing things you can do. Seeing yourself through the eyes of someone who loves you is life changing.

Jul 20, 2019
Did you feel it as an energetic thing, or a decision?. I ask because I met the neighbour in the apartment next door, as soon as we made eye contact my soul and heart went crazy! She is way younger than me and not someone I would be attracted to usually.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Ahhh....falling in love.....😍

Wait! What's that mean again? 🤔
Butterflies in your stomach,when your mind is thinking about them constantly,when it can take up to 5 mins for you and them to put the phone down..ie..
You-"well ok sweetie,take care"
Them-"ok my dear you take care too"
You -"thanks.....bye then"
Them-"bye for now"
You-"bye take care"
Them-"bye"
You-"Gosh we're both still on the line"
Them-"ha ha..u know neither us wants to hang up"
You-"ok...at the count of 3 you hang up 1st ok"
Them-"sounds like a good idea"
You-"good..ok..1...2...3"
Them-"did you mean I put the phone down at the same time you say 3 or just after you say 3?"
You-"Ha ha..just after I say 3"
Them.."but that would mean I would be putting the phone down at the count of 4?"
You-"Ha Ha...we have been chatting for 3 hours yet it feels like only 30 mins...and we just cant even day bye and put our phones down"
Them-"was it that long...it feels like only 20mins we were chatting..we could chat another 3 hours and still have problems saying bye..😂😂😂😂"
You-"so very true.Ok if you just hang up now then that would be easier"
Them-"No I think it better if you hang up 1st"
You-"😂😂..I think you should do it 1st..."
Them-"But that would seem so rude"
You-"Awwww...."
Them-"Yes I know..this is just crazy"
Falling I love does this to people...
Makes you feel emotionally crazy..💕💕😊🤪😊

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
All that's needed now is "HERO"💪💪😊😊
Nice quote from bonnie tyler✍🏻✍🏻

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage.

Or another perspective on "falling in love".

First comes the fall (lust), then comes love ($ wedding ring $).....Wedding ($$)....Misery (monthly expenses)....Kids to keep the marriage intact (mental agony).....And 50% of the time, the divorce (realizing that the fall wasn't such a good idea).

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Many times it does end this way for zillions of reasons unfortunately..
There are however many that do have a different outcome too as you pointed out in the 1st part.
I will always believe I love as it comes from God...and somethings are universal...
Falling in love,liking someone,missing someone ect is experiencally basically the same for all humans...
Some things in Gods created order remain throughout his creation..though affected by sin.👍👍

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Did you feel it as an energetic thing, or a decision?. I ask because I met the neighbour in the apartment next door, as soon as we made eye contact my soul and heart went crazy! She is way younger than me and not someone I would be attracted to usually.
Sometimes it just an experience you have towards another person...call it chemistry...a certain vibe,attraction..or just a reaction to them..often it's not something we often plan or it's often not something we choose to make it happen...it kinda just happens independently from our capacity to choose it.....although we have a choice in terms how we react to it most definitely.
Sometimes things can be going on about a certain person in our minds/hearts already in the background then things just kinda develop till at some point u really become deeply aware that there's definitely a certain reaction to an individual..
Gosh I sound like a psychologist!😂😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Don't worry Encouragement, you're not totally corrupted by psychobabble. A psychologist would try to rationalize love away as hormonal urges, atavistic instinctive drives and selfishly supplying one's own needs while cloaking it in mysticism to justify it. :geek:

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Don't worry Encouragement, you're not totally corrupted by psychobabble. A psychologist would try to rationalize love away as hormonal urges, atavistic instinctive drives and selfishly supplying one's own needs while cloaking it in mysticism to justify it. :geek:
Phew...cheers buddy..👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
I can sleep soundly now..🛏😴🏙😂
I was thinking maybe i might need a new brain..🧠🧠🧠

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Loving someone fully is one of the bravest, strongest, and deconstructing things you can do. Seeing yourself through the eyes of someone who loves you is life changing.
That's a wonderful perspective you say here..."seeing yourself through the eyes of someone who loves you is life changing"..love this..💕
There are things about ourselves which we dont like they will like ur love..ie we may not like our own laugh..of how our nose is shaped ect..but they will think there's nothing wrong with it...coz in fact there isnt..Also I relate this to God.How how see us in christ jesus is different to how we actually see ourselves and with his help we have to learn to see ourselves how HE sees us.👍
Much appreciate your comments😊😊

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I have come to the conclusion that something worthy of being called love isn't the kind of thing you can fall in and out of.
Intresting perspective here.It is surprisingly possible that a persons emotional response to someone they are in love with can change.Look how Adam implied that it was both eve and Gods responsibility for him eating the fruit in the garden.His attitude completely changed towards eve from when he 1st met eve and gave her identity,stability ect (bone of my bones,flesh of my flesh ect).
Now he is blaming her for his own sin instead if owning up to it..😞😞
Many couples in the beginning genuinely fall in love for the right reasons then that falling in love stage matures over time and life,stress all kinds things can impact that love and sometimes some peoples love for the other person changes in various ways.
Jesus mentioned that the love of many shall wax cold because of the increase of iniquity (Matthew 24:12)...so theres a sense that human love can be altered.
Of course many of us wouldn't want fall out if love with someone of change in being loving and many times this doesn't happen..👍👍
Falling in love is unlike any other experience we can have and it would seem like how can you fall outt love when you were once on fire for that other person??
Sadly sometimes it can happen..So glad that Gods love is pure,powerful and changes not.
Appreciate your comments here..😊😊😊

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In a world of broken hearts, love is just a word
Used so often, what it means is blurred
People grow so hungry for a love they can believe
Will they find it here in you and me

Oh you know you must be careful
If it's love you're promising
You can never, never, ever speak lightly
It should cost you everything

If you're gonna call it love
Oh, then let it be forever
Oh, then let it be forever

- Avalon

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
aah chemistry
wonder if anyones ever been diagnosed with a chemical imbalance and fall in love with everyone you meet. That would be interesting.....

You're not sick. You're just in love.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
aah chemistry
wonder if anyones ever been diagnosed with a chemical imbalance and fall in love with everyone you meet. That would be interesting.....

You're not sick. You're just in love.
Imagining falling in love with every one you meet..(perish the thought).You would run the risk of getting your heart broken perhaps as often at it rains in the winter...🌧🌧🌧⛄🌂☃️😊😊
But u gotta admit falling in love is a great feeling..❤