Falling in love!❤

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Hard to say...

As much as I try and guard my heart, there are times when I do get "crushes" on people or whatever, and then it can become pretty intense and last for a few months at least and it's an emotional rollercoaster full of highs and lows but mostly lows and then it crashes and burns lol.

Most of the time what happens is that there's a war between my heart and mind where I can see the person isn't right for me for X reason but I'm still "hopelessly" attracted to them and it's just inner drama and all that. It gets tiring.

Though I very much long for that "in love" experience where it's mutual and actually leads to a godly marriage. If that's even possible these days lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Howdy Belka, and welcome back.

Inner drama is cool. If you are keeping it inside and not letting it manifest as outward drama that makes a lot of junk for people around you... you're doing a lot better than a lot of people I know! (y)

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Hey @Lynx !

Thanks! It's good to be back :)
And I suppose you have a point, though the best thing would be to not have inner OR outer drama lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh for sure, no drama at all would be easier on the digestion AND sleep. But I don't know anybody who has no internal drama. The best we can do is keep it from spilling over and ruining other peoples' day.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I take risk of heart being broken... im a sucker for the most powerful force ever... love is what I'm made of

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I take risk of heart being broken... im a sucker for the most powerful force ever... love is what I'm made of
The power of love
Is a curious thing
Make one man weep
And another man sing

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Hard to say...

As much as I try and guard my heart, there are times when I do get "crushes" on people or whatever, and then it can become pretty intense and last for a few months at least and it's an emotional rollercoaster full of highs and lows but mostly lows and then it crashes and burns lol.

Most of the time what happens is that there's a war between my heart and mind where I can see the person isn't right for me for X reason but I'm still "hopelessly" attracted to them and it's just inner drama and all that. It gets tiring.

Though I very much long for that "in love" experience where it's mutual and actually leads to a godly marriage. If that's even possible these days lol.
Hi i know exactly what you mean
Hard to say...

Hi Bella yes I totally understand what you mean.Having crushes on people and having world war 3 inside coz it feels like having your most favourite sweets when being attracted to them as it feels lovely at times.
The battle between attractions sweet emotional pleasure with the mind say ing it's not such a great idea to pursue things is something I am others can relate you..(Well I most certainly can).
It's amazing what things can draw us to a person..looks,humour..the list goes on...
I still believe in love 100000% and yes at time things can get a bit tiring coz you want the real thing..yet I do belive meeting someone special is most definatley trure.Nothing is impossible with God.🙏🙏😊😊😊

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage.

Or another perspective on "falling in love".

First comes the fall (lust), then comes love ($ wedding ring $).....Wedding ($$)....Misery (monthly expenses)....Kids to keep the marriage intact (mental agony).....And 50% of the time, the divorce (realizing that the fall wasn't such a good idea).

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct as you have described my first marriage. Fortunately, the ring, did not set me back financially. I was in the 50% in the divorce group. Mental agony? Oh yeah, bunches. I thank God there was only my daughter, she is the only good thing to come out of that totally miserable experience. "First comes lust, then comes marriage...." You know the rest of the story.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Oh yeah! That falling in love feeling.
Well, I have had it a few times in life. But only once has it been mutual.
Like some others have said here, you need to guard your heart cause it can mess with your head. (does that last line even make sense?)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
how long does the 'in love feeling' last?
I think some crushes could be a day, a week, or a month. I dont think they last for very long, even if you marry imagine being in love every day forever. How would you even cope with life and even do ordinary things?! I am sure something happens to end it. Possibly children?

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I think some crushes could be a day, a week, or a month. I dont think they last for very long, even if you marry imagine being in love every day forever. How would you even cope with life and even do ordinary things?! I am sure something happens to end it. Possibly children?
That's a good point you have raised...that emotional state of total bliss where life is covered in romantic gold dust and even the birds sing seem to sing love songs as you think about that person...doesn't remain like this.
Falling in love is that magical transition from just liking someone to really liking them...to eventually falling for them....then at some point feeling grow and mature.Sometimes we can even see the other person through rose tinted glasses but at some point reality merges with those feelings.It's these feelings (and other factors) that make a person want to spend the rest if their life with the other person.
Funny enough married couples even have date nights after a few years of marriage to re experience that magical dynamic or do special things together to re ignite that spark of when they fell in love in the beginning.
I guess emotional highs on intense romantic estasy varies on how long they are experienced..but in marriage they dont just disappear..more like a smouldering heat.🔥

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Did you feel it as an energetic thing, or a decision?. I ask because I met the neighbour in the apartment next door, as soon as we made eye contact my soul and heart went crazy! She is way younger than me and not someone I would be attracted to usually.
Maybe she knows how to cook. Anyway, that was always my first question, "Can you cook".

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
I can relate to that, brother Lynx.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Speaking from experience I would say that the falling in love feeling ends the day that the honeymoon ends. You then wake up and ask yourself "What happened?'' It is at that point that love begins and life starts to happen.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Speaking from experience I would say that the falling in love feeling ends the day that the honeymoon ends. You then wake up and ask yourself "What happened?'' It is at that point that love begins and life starts to happen.
Yer.coz real life takes hold and in comes the normality of everyday living..paying Bill's.. putting the bins out..ect....a kind of ordinariness comes and says "Hi remember me!"🤗🤗🤗

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Imagining Jesus loving everyone with agape love. This is why He is so perfect and we all fall short.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say

Turn Around! 😂