False Believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

The "few" who find the "Way" (a title of Jesus Christ) are those that trust solely in Jesus, and have been born again. He IS the Truth, the Way, and the Life.

The "many" are those that try ANY other way to the Kingdom of Heaven. Be that Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Bhuddism, or those that think they found the way by doing works.
And I would add religious christianity

S

SpoonJuly

There are many false believers. I am afraid there may be many on this forum.
Anyone who believes in works for salvation is a false believer.
Anyone who believes they must maintain their salvation in some way is a false believer.
Anyone who believes that a born again believer can be unborn is a false believer.
Anyone who believes the Father will cast out a son is a false believer.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
...cause if you believe you can't...you won't...since this is all about belief. ;)

Ok, first let's clear up this nonsense:
I wasn't making the point that objective reality is contingent on belief.
I was only making the point that your CONCLUSIONS about reality are contingent on your belief.

People on YOUR side of this argument, with YOUR presuppositions, will agree with YOUR conclusions... but only because they share the same presuppositions.

I don't care what you believe, but...
If you want believe you can lose your salvation, that's fine; go ahead.

Believe whatever you want. No worries.

But if you want to come here and publicly teach it, and debate it... that's a different matter.

If you're going to show up here, and start preaching that everyone can lose their salvation... now you've made your beliefs everyone's business.

---------

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I think we have to distinguish between chosen (for glory) and merely saved (to whatever condition)
Many can gain head knowledge about Jesus, and the scriptures that offer salvation. There is no saved (to whatever condition). Those are just want-to-be Christians. If you are chosen, you are the elect and you are given the Holy Spirit as confirmation. Of course, Satan comes as an angel of light to deceive many into thinking they are chosen.

2 Cor. 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So you don't think 2 billion Christians constitutes many...but rather the few???
How did you come up with this number? If you are relying on surveys or polls, they will simply mislead you. Only God knows who are His children by faith in Christ, and they will always be relatively few. I would not even hazard a guess.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I think it would be very interesting to research the natures of actual wheat and tares (weeds) to paint the full picture.
Actually the first epistle of John clearly spells out the marks of false believers.

1. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth (1:6)

2. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (2:3)

3. He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. (2:9)

4. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (2:15)

5. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. (2:22)

6. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him. (2:29)

There are many more, so it is up to every Christian to study this epistle and examine himself or herself.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
So you don't think 2 billion Christians constitutes many...but rather the few???

Strange!
You are right ...Mat 7v21 refers to christians, not any other religion. So many christians THINK they are right when they THINK they believe in ''jesus'.
This could not be further from the truth because UNfortunately there are MANY FALSE christs roaming christianity. HOW do people KNOW they are worshipping the TRUE one ? THEY DON'T ! since CHRISTIANS NEVER knew him ....following their own jesus sneaked in by the RCC.!

beta

Aug 8, 2016
How did you come up with this number? If you are relying on surveys or polls, they will simply mislead you. Only God knows who are His children by faith in Christ, and they will always be relatively few. I would not even hazard a guess.
Even if we don't know the exact number there is evidence to show they are the MANY being MISLED and are persecuting the FEW who do follow the TRUE CHRIST .