false prophecies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I watch a you tube channel called fighting for the faith. He points out tons of false prophets and prophecies of modern America. There was a lot about the election. Many said God told them Trump would be president in 2020.
Please, give the link

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
We are told to test the prophets in both testaments. It is not judging a person. It is exposing false prophets.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I have no sound on my computer please review to delete
He goes through a number of modern day false prophets, many who focus on their dreams
and visions and "what God told them" instead of the revealed written Word of God. They all
falsely prophesy that Trump will win the presidency; these people have hundreds of thousands
of followers, many views per video, plus tens of thousands of likes on some videos, so the concern
is for all those who are being taken in and deceived by these youtubers.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

Dirtman

Jul 19, 2022
I somehow get the idea we don't need to come up with false prophecies because the learner has them all. Plus I think there is much more benefit to discussing prophecies that are not false.
I dont think anyone would object to someone referencing good prophecies.
I think false are much more prominent today.

Jan Huss, said at his martyrdom that the reformation would happen.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Jan Huss, said at his martyrdom that the reformation would happen
Jan Huss..
- was judged guilty of heresy.
- sentenced to be burned at the stake.
He gave an inspiring prophecy.
The executioner said, "now we will cook the goose"..
- " Yes", replied Huss, "but there will come an eagle.. in a hundred years that
you will not reach.."
--
* There are several versions of his prophecy.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
• John Huss was excommunicated by the Church in
1415 for insisting on the true teaching of God’s
Word and he was sentenced to death. As the killing fire was being lit, the official executioner stated, “Now we will cook the goose” (which is what
Huss means in Bohemian). To that Huss replied,
“Yes, but there will come an eagle in a hundred
years that you will not reach.” Many have found
Martin Luther to be the fulfillment of that prophecy.
http://stjohnmedia.org/Newsletters/October_2020_news.pdf

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
"
  1. This version of the prophecy is from Ogden Kraut, 95 Theses (Genola, UT: Pioneer Publishers, 1975), p. 150. The prophecy has been preserved in different forms, sometimes translated to be more easily understood. For example, "In 100 years, God will raise up a man whose calls for reform cannot be suppressed." (see www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/john-hus.html). Another version is "You are now going to burn a goose (the name of Huss signifying goose in the Bohemian language), but in a century you will have a swan whom you can neither roast nor boil." (See www.scionofzion.com/john_huss.htm). Lutherans use a swan as a symbol and there was apparently a swan on Luther's coat of arms. And again, "It is thus that you silence the goose, but a hundred years hence there will arise a swan whose singing you shall not be able to silence." (See www.apibs.org/topical/hist6.htm). To me it sounds like the bird was changed in the prophecy to make it fit Luther better. The eagle is more puzzling, hence is more likely to be correct. Luther was an eagle, an untouchable messenger from God, not a swan, which is also a symbol of the cross of crucifixion (see John P. Pratt, "Constellations Testify of Seven Angels", Meridian Magazine, 28 Sep 2006, Sec. 5.4). Some scholars claim that Luther made up the prophecy (see David Shaff, John Huss, p. 258), but he offers only speculation to support that accusation.
"
https://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/meridian/2010/luther.html#fn5

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
This is a good video on a false prophecy Shawn Bolz made about Todd White and a building he wanted to purchase for $14,500,000 in 2017. Bolz said the money would be raised very quickly, "not ten years out." He said a wealthy benefactor would come through with a miracle gift. White raised $3,00,000 within a few months and then began saying he believed the total amount would come through within six months. Well, in the end he purchased the building but went into debt to do it: no total amount within six months, no wealthy benefactor.

As far as I know he's still in debt because he keeps putting out videos saying so and asking people to give. This is what people like White do; they fundraise, that's their job, that's how they make their living.

There's a lot of other good stuff in the video about Shawn Bolz and Todd White.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I wonder if when we read Rev and when Christ is talking to the goats "if you have done it to the least of these my brethren you have done it unto me". I wonder what we think about who is the least? Someone that believes like you? Someone that does not believe like you? Someone that we would call almost lost backslidden yet Christ sees there heart. A man or woman of God we truly don't like we make fun of them talk behind there back (gossip).

See I have always done this for all. I would do it for you. So what you don't believe like me talk like me. So what you might have some strange doctrine I truly do not agree with you but..oh your family! Look at how some of this talk is. Now ask your self.. why would anyone want your Jesus? If you fall miss it oh they will remember and talk about you make fun of you..toss you under the buss so fast. They don't look at all the good you've done as Christ only does. How we treat Christ is how we treat each other. Love one another as I have loved you.

So get over it. Since we are not about to post our sin mistakes and where we missed it.. maybe do the same for them. Its a fallen world.. we are all the same. We are not of this world. So see those faults wrong teachings? Now focus on the good...you love Jesus yet thats not what you see? Knowing that's how Christ always always sees you. Do the same for ...get this.. really grasp it. His kids. NO we are no god we don't get to tell the great I am that only sees the heart who His Children really are.

Truth.. I feel not sick but really sad..something within. Just really hurt. Its about LOVE.. how can we want this love forgiveness mercy grace yet won't show it share it in times where we see people at their worst