False teachers and Prophets.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Churinga

Nov 12, 2018
Despite the warnings in the NT false teachers men and women have entered the Church and gathered untold numbers of followers throughout the world and many indigenous clones have resulted particularly in Africa where people like Benny Hinn and Reinhard Bonnke have so much influence aided by such things as TBN and such. These false teachers can only increase when the nominal Christian bereft of any solid grounding in the Bible are taken in by nothing more than showmanship and popularity and those that take a stand to combat these phonies are shouted down as being judgmental and dividing the Church, to do nothing is a Sin as we are instructed to expose these evildoers and contend for the faith, who agrees with me.

P

Pisteuo

Despite the warnings in the NT false teachers men and women have entered the Church and gathered untold numbers of followers throughout the world and many indigenous clones have resulted particularly in Africa where people like Benny Hinn and Reinhard Bonnke have so much influence aided by such things as TBN and such. These false teachers can only increase when the nominal Christian bereft of any solid grounding in the Bible are taken in by nothing more than showmanship and popularity and those that take a stand to combat these phonies are shouted down as being judgmental and dividing the Church, to do nothing is a Sin as we are instructed to expose these evildoers and contend for the faith, who agrees with me.
Well isn't everyone a teacher these days ?

I know God tells us in His Word , that He gifts some to be teachers for the perfecting of the saints . So everyone wants to do the perfecting , and nobody wants to be perfected . I've only known one gifted teacher in over 30 years .

So the false teachers you should be referring to are those who think they get a special revelation from God , before they do what God wants all of us to do first .

So I agree with the problem you presented , but your pointing at the wrong people .

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Well, that's an interesting way to introduce yourself.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Surprised that if you see that they are false teachers that you claim "we" are instructed to expose these evildoers and contend for the faith, who agrees with "me" since it is written in John 9:41: If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see;

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matt 15:13-14

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
For the most part, the doctrine and Gospel Benny Hinn preaches has a typically sound foundation. Which alerts me to believe that in the beginning of Benny's walk in God, it probably was sincere and true. Greed and corruption are secondary to how one begins compared to how one finishes. So with that in mind, I am reminded by what God said, "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED!!" Corrupt or not, it's rather obvious that Benny is definitely called of God. And if people feel Benny has become corrupt, that is 100% between him and God!!

So, until God approaches anyone of us to go to Benny and put him into his place, he is untouchable until God chooses to deal with him!!

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Which alerts me to believe that in the beginning of Benny's walk in God, it probably was sincere and true.
So walking with God can lead a righteous man into becoming greedy and corrupt? I must have it backwards then.

7seasrekeyed

you'll love it here

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
bereft of any solid grounding in the Bible
That's the crux of the problem right there . . . people are ruled by their feelings and emotions rather than the facts of 'Thus saith the Lord.'

It is easy for a clever showman to play on those emotions and steer them away from the cross.

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
So walking with God can lead a righteous man into becoming greedy and corrupt? I must have it backwards then.

There is a precise parallel within the ministry of those called to be leaders among God's people. When the favor of God proceeds you and the outpouring of blessings come rushing in, it can be a difficult persuasion between keeping your eyes 100% on God and seeing what God's people are willing to give to you. When the offering plates are overflowing and the support of followers are handing you everything you would normally desire from this world, some called to be leaders forget the blessing is from and for God. When you become treated as a rock star, there can be moments when one believes this is due to themselves before claiming it is 100% from God. SELF always seems to find a way to surface in moments when we should deny our flesh and humble ourselves before God. The challenge between success, is remembering who made you successful!!

Mar 28, 2016

I fault the church seeing we are teach how to hear God rather than what to believe. In that way (what to believe) we are to call no man teacher of earth. One is our teacher master in heaven just as one is our father in heaven The words prophecy, prophets and prophesy can all have a different meaning today depending on which assembly one attends. .

Just like the word apostle the meaning has been changed by adding a new meaning to the word .like apostlical succession. Today the word apostle means authorative one.... in some circles in a hope of being vereated by mankind.

And in the end it violates the warning not to add a new meaning to a word (singular it) in order that we can keep the commandments (plural)

Plagiarism is to blaspheme the name by which we are called, also it violates the first commandment protecting the integrity of the word.

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you. Deuteronomy 4:3

Different than the warning at the conclusion of the book of prophecy in Revelation 22 in rerespect to the whole book of prophecy or the perfect.

Dec 28, 2016
Surprised that if you see that they are false teachers that you claim "we" are instructed to expose these evildoers and contend for the faith, who agrees with "me" since it is written in John 9:41: If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see;

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matt 15:13-14
There are many Scriptures that deny your above application. Horrendous usage of John 9:41, by the way.

Since Scripture contradicts your application you need to harmonize the above with other passages. Certainly you know what Scriptures instruct exposing and rebuking false teachers and false teachings. Yes?

Churinga

Nov 12, 2018
There are many Scriptures that deny your above application. Horrendous usage of John 9:41, by the way.

Since Scripture contradicts your application you need to harmonize the above with other passages. Certainly you know what Scriptures instruct exposing and rebuking false teachers and false teachings. Yes?
I am very new here and learning as i go and as such getting a feel for the place, the false teachers that are being beamed into homes by such mediums as TBN can keep those interested in exposing them 24/7 and having read a response calling Benny Hinn as being anointed there is a lot of work to do.

Churinga

Nov 12, 2018

Dec 28, 2016
I am very new here and learning as i go and as such getting a feel for the place, the false teachers that are being beamed into homes by such mediums as TBN can keep those interested in exposing them 24/7 and having read a response calling Benny Hinn as being anointed there is a lot of work to do.
Yes, Jude 1:3-4 is in order.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012

I was speaking to a person, so sorry if it doesn't fit you theologocial doctrine of self consent but if you care to elobrate on matters of faith then please do tell of what precept I wrote contradicts the doctrine of Christ if you have not left behind he doctrine of Christ to go on unto perfection; you know what scritpure speaks of abiding in the doctrine of Christ.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
...but your pointing at the wrong people...
So you really think Benny Hinn is a true teacher? Check him out carefully if you do.

I believe Bonnke would fall into the same category. Bogus miracles do not glorify God.

Dec 28, 2016
I was speaking to a person, so sorry if it doesn't fit you theologocial doctrine of self consent but if you care to elobrate on matters of faith then please do tell of what precept I wrote contradicts the doctrine of Christ if you have not left behind he doctrine of Christ to go on unto perfection; you know what scritpure speaks of abiding in the doctrine of Christ.
Your run on sentence is just too much, especially with the typos.

I'm certain you got the point of my post, and are fully aware that other Scriptures contradict your misusage of 2 texts.

If you don't get this, you really need to get some help in Bible study. Start with 2 Timothy 2:15 and memorize it. Then read through the Bible at least twice per year in addition to receiving study help from someone sound in the faith.

P

Pisteuo

So you really think Benny Hinn is a true teacher? Check him out carefully if you do.

I believe Bonnke would fall into the same category. Bogus miracles do not glorify God.
Not even close !!!

But Benny hinn is the least of the problems .

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
But Benny hinn is the least of the problems .
How can he be the least of the problems when he has been misleading hundreds of thousands of gullible people over a long period of time? Perhaps millions, while he becomes a millionaire several times over.

Making merchandise of the Gospel is a mark of false teachers.