False teachers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Madeline

Sep 25, 2018
Does anyone have the experience of being caught up with false teachers and teachings?
How did you get out of that and how common is that?
I have been looking into this and reading books on it if anyone has questions.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Welcome to CC!

"Caught up" is a bit subjective. I have listened to preachers for some time before realizing that their message was inconsistent with Scripture. One experience was with a traveling preacher who was around for several weeks with nightly meetings. He left town with a boatload of "offerings". In other situations, I simply left that congregation peacefully, after taking my concerns to leadership and getting nowhere.

Madeline

Sep 25, 2018
I didn't really mean it like that.
Sometimes it does take a while to realize.

L

LPT

Here's a test, the Roman soldiers placed three robes on Jesus, blue, purple and scarlet am I a false teacher?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I’d be more interested in whether a man is saved eternally by grace or does he need to work his way into heaven.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
Does anyone have the experience of being caught up with false teachers and teachings?
How did you get out of that and how common is that?
I have been looking into this and reading books on it if anyone has questions.
There is one book I can recommend. The Bible. Read it, study it. You will be able spot false teachers instantly.

L

LPT

There is one book I can recommend. The Bible. Read it, study it. You will be able spot false teachers instantly.
I agree and Jesus was the living tabernacle, in the OT God instructed that the tabernacle be adorn with blue purple and scarlet. The Romans knew a lot about the Jewish ways and no doubt saw those colors and what they represented and mocked Him because He was saying He was the word of God. I believe that is why God chose these colors He knew the Romans would mock Jesus.

P

pottersclay

This mean old, rude, Baptist lives in the Elgin area.

I was asked to preach in a Baptist Church not far from my home......I was so humbled by the request but declined. They were in between pastors at the time and none of the elders would preach......stage fright I guess. Seemed a little odd to me.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Preaching for the first time can be a frightening experience. If you are called into the Gospel ministry you will have to face it . . . and if not, it is likely better that you declined.

P

pottersclay

Went to the Hill camorah...didn't make any friends there.....during the pagent...:D:D:unsure:

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Went to the Hill camorah...didn't make any friends there.....during the pagent...:D:D:unsure:
Some may not no what this is about . . .

Cumorah ( / k ə ˈ m ɔːr ə / ; [1] also known as Mormon Hill , [2] [3] [4] Gold Bible Hill , [5] [6] and Inspiration Point ) [2] is a drumlin in Manchester , New York , United States , [7] where Joseph Smith said he found a set of golden plates which he translated into English and published as the Book of Mormon . In the text of the Book of Mormon, "Cumorah" is a hill located in a land of the same name, which is "a land of many waters, rivers and fountains". [8]

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Joseph Smith actually stole a manuscript from a guy named Solomon Spalding. Smith was a crook and a thief as well as a conman.

P

pottersclay

Preaching for the first time can be a frightening experience. If you are called into the Gospel ministry you will have to face it . . . and if not, it is likely better that you declined.
Oh I teach and preach don't get me wrong....I am all about Christ...I could never get enough of a good thing. To watch people's hearts and lives change to me is a dream come true. Praise Jesus everyday for this wonderful kingdom bound experience he's given me.